Expy might finally be going away!

ELlover

Well, I have a wholesaler who is going to be at an Auto Auction tomorrow and will hopefully be getting me an Excursion. I am happy to finally be getting rid of the EL only because of the poor trans. I do hope in a few years Ford gets the better engines and the tranny issue figured out, then I would be glad to buy an EL. I am hoping he finds me either an 4x4 03 Ex 7.3 or an 4x4 05 V10, not sure if I want to touch the 6.0 diesel.

From what I remember reading they are different. I really hope it is different as I have had such bad luck with it.

I'm sorry to hear that you've had problems with it.

My soccer coach has also been having problems with his 07's tranny, it's been in the shop several times for it.

Tiffany, you scared me with the title of this thread! I thought there was news that Ford was going to discontinue production! :o

You should be able to get a great price (ie: a steal!) on an Excursion via an auto auction. The used market for big SUV's right now is practically on life support and prices have plummeted. One good thing about your current lease is no worries about a plunging trade in value.

Along those lines, I can't even fathom buying a giant beast like the Excursion with today's $4/gal gas prices. :eek5:

• 2 weeks later...

imo, it s a good idea to stay away from 6.o diesel in an excursion, odds are that if it wasnt a buyback, it was traded due to endless problems.. especially the early builds. my 6.0 diesel van, even being a 4/06 build was still plague with endless problems with turbo, and egr.....

gas prices probally killed values on the excursions also..so you ll probally get a great deal !

imo, it s a good idea to stay away from 6.o diesel in an excursion, odds are that if it wasnt a buyback, it was traded due to endless problems.. especially the early builds. my 6.0 diesel van, even being a 4/06 build was still plague with endless problems with turbo, and egr.....

Thats not necessarily true. I know plenty of people that haven't had a single problem with their 6.0. Some people were unlucky, some were lucky. It wasn't a great engine, but many people never knew the problems it had because they never experienced them.( I suppose it also depends on the quality of diesel too).

Well, I have a wholesaler who is going to be at an Auto Auction tomorrow and will hopefully be getting me an Excursion. I am happy to finally be getting rid of the EL only because of the poor trans. I do hope in a few years Ford gets the better engines and the tranny issue figured out, then I would be glad to buy an EL. I am hoping he finds me either an 4x4 03 Ex 7.3 or an 4x4 05 V10, not sure if I want to touch the 6.0 diesel.

ElLover, i do understand that your getting rid of your expy because once its out of warrenty, it will be you paying for all the repairs. I have always liked the Excursion, its big huge monster that would own a hummer H2 anyday. Just do not get the 5.4 V8 in the Excursion as it would not have much power. The V10 or a 7.3 is a great choice for the Excursion. My old neighbor had a Excursion with a 6.0 PSD and he hated it, he then traded it off on a older Ex with the 7.3 PSD and he loved it, he also saw a big MPG improvement. Hope you find the Excursion that suits you and your family.