2009 Escape Order Guide

ice-capades

I have a couple of quick questions to make sure I'm understanding the order guide correctly:

1) Am I understanding correctly that the Hybrid Limited includes all possible options on the Escape Hybrid as standard with the exception of the Navigation System and Side Step Bars? Basically, if I just ordered the base Escape Hybrid Limited I would get all the options possible to get on the Escape Hybrid except those two items.

Yes

2) Does the AM/FM Radio with 6-Disc in dash CD player have an audio input jack for an iPod or other portable MP3 player and does it support MP3 files on disc? I can't find any reference to these in the order guide.

Yes, it does include an audio jack in the front console. I'm not sure about MP3 discs though. There is only a mention of that in the option for the Audiophile system which seems to be an option only on the XLT and Limited (Gas). There is already debate over whether or not that system is part of the Nav package.

3) Does the radio that comes with the Navigation package upgrade have an audio input jack for iPod or other portable MP3 player?

With or without the Navigation system the (Gas)Limited, Hybrid and Hybrid Limited come with SYNC which will work with an iPod or other MP3 player. However, I have heard that the SYNC system is even better and easier to use if you get the Navigation system. I ordered mine with the Nav but I'm a sucker for fancy technology and things with buttons :D

4) Is the MSRP of the Hybrid Limited $30,635 as quoted in an earlier post?

That is true, but it is the base price for the FWD model not including tax, destination fee, etc.

Hope this answers your questions.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I see that Sync is Standard in the 09 HEV's and that comes with "Steering wheel with control switch" - is that also Audio Controls on the steering wheel or is that just a button for Sync?

All the hybrids since the 2008 MY job 2, have come with the steering wheel audio controls standard. It is just for '09, their labels have been updated to reflect/support Sync.

I'm not an Escape owner, but for sales I'm kinda excited about it. As usual, we had to wait a year for Ford to change powertrains(which were probably really ready to go 3 years ago but they argue endlessly about going to production on any engine/transmission improvement), but the 4cyl with 6-speed makes a viable alternative to the hybrid thats not a slug. I'm also hoping that they actually MAKE some hybrids, as they are impossible to get. And, of course, Ford spends big bucks advertising something they make an infuriatingly low number of, while ignoring spending any $$ advertising the Taurus/X. They would of been better off spending hybrid ad $$ on them, particularly as they are media darlings in reviews.

An Update on my '09 FWD FEH Limited W/Nav order. My order was through my Credit Union Broker who uses a fleet manager at a large dealership in Miami. At first I was concerned my confirmation order on 4/22/08 did not have my name on it. Today, my broker gave me another confirmation with the same information, but my name was on the form and it was dated 4/29/08. Not sure what changed because I didn't say anything asking for my name on the order confirmation. Maybe the first confirmation was for an available allotted unit, and the second was Ford confirming me as a retail buyer. My order is at MSRP with no dealer or broker extra fees and I'm hoping my order will not be delayed because of X Plan or anythings else. It would be nice if my unit was here before the 60,000 unit reduction of the tax incentive. The dealer I'm using is owned by AutoNation which I think is one of the largest in Country.

With rising gas prices, I think Hybrids are going to be selling at a premium and hard to find on a lot in the near future.

An Update on my '09 FWD FEH Limited W/Nav order. My order was through my Credit Union Broker who uses a fleet manager at a large dealership in Miami. At first I was concerned my confirmation order on 4/22/08 did not have my name on it. Today, my broker gave me another confirmation with the same information, but my name was on the form and it was dated 4/29/08. Not sure what changed because I didn't say anything asking for my name on the order confirmation. Maybe the first confirmation was for an available allotted unit, and the second was Ford confirming me as a retail buyer. My order is at MSRP with no dealer or broker extra fees and I'm hoping my order will not be delayed because of X Plan or anythings else. It would be nice if my unit was here before the 60,000 unit reduction of the tax incentive. The dealer I'm using is owned by AutoNation which I think is one of the largest in Country.

With rising gas prices, I think Hybrids are going to be selling at a premium and hard to find on a lot in the near future.

My fingers are crossed for you Gary. Especially since the unit I ordered is almost identical to you other than the color. My parents just bought a 09 TCH on Friday and I am already jealous of their hybrid abilities. I can't wait to find out some build data (if that becomes available).

My fingers are crossed for you Gary. Especially since the unit I ordered is almost identical to you other than the color. My parents just bought a 09 TCH on Friday and I am already jealous of their hybrid abilities. I can't wait to find out some build data (if that becomes available).

Of course I think you made a great choice GL. If you got X plan or MSRP, the interest rates are great right now. The technology is first class and the incentives are there for the smart people who must pay taxes. You jumped when you seen a deal in life like I did with my '05 FWD FEH. I'm betting on the best choice ever on this '09. Your parents will be jealous of your '09 FWD FEH "SUV" if you use the built-in methods I've found to increase MPG. No matter what, I know how to drive a Ford Hybrid and will explain any changes here and other sites.

Your smart Green Lantern! Just wait till you see how much!

Of course I think you made a great choice GL. If you got X plan or MSRP, the interest rates are great right now. The technology is first class and the incentives are there for the smart people who must pay taxes. You jumped when you seen a deal in life like I did with my '05 FWD FEH. I'm betting on the best choice ever on this '09. Your parents will be jealous of your '09 FWD FEH "SUV" if you use the built-in methods I've found to increase MPG. No matter what, I know how to drive a Ford Hybrid and will explain any changes here and other sites.

Your smart Green Lantern! Just wait till you see how much!

LOL, thanks...and yes, I do have X-Plan with my dealer. Don't get me wrong, I am not jealous of my parents' car, just that they got their hybrid before me. I have been researching this for a couple of years and been reading yours and others' posts on GH. I know that this is the right vehicle for me. Besides that I live in a Ford town and wanted to do my part to support a local company where I have seen friends adversely affected lately.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm looking at ordering a hybrid later today, but I can't figure out if the standard radio in the standard hybrid is a 6 disc or a single disc. The order guide is a little ambiguous on the radio section. I really want the upgraded radio that was available in '08, but not the nav system. I just want a hybrid with a 6 disc stereo but no nav, is that possible?

I'm looking at ordering a hybrid later today, but I can't figure out if the standard radio in the standard hybrid is a 6 disc or a single disc. The order guide is a little ambiguous on the radio section. I really want the upgraded radio that was available in '08, but not the nav system. I just want a hybrid with a 6 disc stereo but no nav, is that possible?

Per page 8 of the guide the 6-disc unit without nav is only available on the Hybrid Limited. For the regular hybrid you will have to purchase the Nav option to get the 6-disc unit. Also, the radio is not the same as the '08. It is upgraded and includes SYNC that was not available on the '08.

The single disc CD player is standard equipment on the regular Hybrid, see XLS Manual equipment on page 3. The Nav Sys is your only choice to get a 6 disc changer.

Gary...I got an email from my dealer today with a build date of 7/21. I am waiting to see if this matches what Viper tracks on my vehicle since I am not sure the info the dealer gets is always that accurate. Hopefully, based upon order dates, you should be a bit ahead of me.

Gary...I got an email from my dealer today with a build date of 7/21. I am waiting to see if this matches what Viper tracks on my vehicle since I am not sure the info the dealer gets is always that accurate. Hopefully, based upon order dates, you should be a bit ahead of me.

Hi Green Lantern

My VIN number is much lower than yours (5,700) also if that means anything. I'm going to wait to hear from my Broker Tuesday before I ask VP to list my build date. For some reason their telling me that Tuesday is the day of the week Ford releases info to the dealer. Strange because my '05 FEH order was updated on Thursdays.

• 2 weeks later...
2009 Escape Order Guide... Now Available!

Thank you for sharing the order guide. Is it possible to find out an esitmated time of delivery off of an order date? I ordered my Escape Hybrid Limited 4WD on 5/17/08 and to date the dealership still has not been provided a VIN number that I could post to help in finding out the shipping date. I am hopefull that it comes in before the end of September to get the full tax deduction. Is there any way to confirm how many vehicles for the Hybrid have been sold to see if Ford is above the 60,000 mark mentioned on the IRS site?