Is It Just Me Or Is Lincoln Trying To Do Something Right

Guest Sixcav

Guest Sixcav

Ok, like many of you I'm upset that Lincoln is getting rid of the Lincoln LS. I love that car, and with the V8 power plant and it's current level of handling it's nothing short of an out and out BMW killer. To me the new Zeypher looks nice as well. It may not have the sporty handling and all out thrust of the LS but it's certainly a nice car. Good lines, nice interior, it's just a nice car. Now personally I don't care for their verson of the F-150 and Expedition. Leave the trucks and SUV's to Ford. It's also just so obvious that they just took an

F-150 and stuck a Lincoln grill on it. But leaving that aside, their sedans are looking well. If they release this new MKS without letting the design engineers screw it up I think they could really be a major player.

A few considerations:

1. The Zephyr/MKZ has been positioned to go after the Acura TL/Lexus ES330 market, and will have the tools to compete...but the instrument panel needs re-thinking. "Class" does not have to mean "old".

2. The Mark LT is actually selling decently, so the business case for a more distinct model may be getting attention.

3. The MKS could be a huge hit, but they need to smooth out the C-pillar and make sure the driving dynamics are better than anyone expects.

Lincoln could be on the verge of a much better time than they've known recently...but the incredible concepts have to make it into production.

Edited by ZanatWork

They are certainly on the right track, but not quite there yet.

Lincoln needs to do what Cadillac did and not play it safe. They need to go all out with their styling, make the cars exciting and work on the quality.

Personally I like the concept of the MKS but I think it needs more work before it will be a contender against the other luxury brands.