09 Escape Delivery Date

rscalzo

There is only one Escape plant that builds Escapes, Mariners and the hybrid versions. The hybrid version are scheduled into the production run and only so many can be built in a time frame. The hybrid version are to begin rolling off the assembly line when the non-hybrid versions are. HOWEVER, greeen states such as California will be receiving the bulk of initial production for dealer stock first. The 2008 Hybrids have been sold out for a number of months now but dealer stock in California exist. Go look on the internet for this.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A dealer told me ,won't see them till at least August, I am gonna wait it out ,your best bet is to put in your order the first day your allowed ,probably in May.

I ordered an 09 Escape Limited on April 19,got my serial number on May16,and my tenative build date is June 25. Not too shabby,first week of build.

• 1 month later...

I put an order in at my dealer last week for a FEH Limited, fully loaded. Ford pulls orders on Thursdays so I am going to check with my dealer on Friday for status.

FYI, my dealer has already ordered and received an 09 MMH, and received one FEH (not sure what trim) last week. This model was quickly sold to a customer. So 09s should be in production now.

If my order isn't pulled by the week after July 4th, my dealer will be meeting with their Ford wholesaler. They will be attempting to get allocations for hybrids at that meeting. Hopefully I will get my order accepted before that point. I will post an update when my order has been accepted so everyone can track lead time.

Hope that helps.

My first order confirmation for my '09 FWD FEH was on 4/22/08, the second confirmation with a priority 14 was on 4/29/08 and I got a VIN number today. I'll keep the forum updated on any new information.

My VOC was on 5-12 and my DORA was on 5-13, priority code 10.

Great news for you that you have a VIN, hoping mine is just 3 weeks behind you, keep us updated.

FYI, my dealer has already ordered and received an 09 MMH, and received one FEH (not sure what trim) last week. This model was quickly sold to a customer. So 09s should be in production now.

Are you sure it was an 09 MMH?

Production on 09 MMH and FEH wasn't scheduled to start until two days ago (6-23).

Are you sure it was an 09 MMH?

Production on 09 MMH and FEH wasn't scheduled to start until two days ago (6-23).

No I'm not sure. I saw that date in another post. The fleet manager said one just came in and they sold it, but for all I know, it was probably an 08. Given that the order was placed 5 weeks ago and 09's started on Monday, I'm sure it was an 08.

At this same dealer, I had to walk in my my FEH and MMH 09 order guide (thanks blueoval) and give them the codes for each package. Also, I did find out that the 09 MMH was not available in the Black Pearl Slate (T9) color. I saw the listing of the available colors and it did not list BPS for the MMH.

No I'm not sure. I saw that date in another post. The fleet manager said one just came in and they sold it, but for all I know, it was probably an 08. Given that the order was placed 5 weeks ago and 09's started on Monday, I'm sure it was an 08.

At this same dealer, I had to walk in my my FEH and MMH 09 order guide (thanks blueoval) and give them the codes for each package. Also, I did find out that the 09 MMH was not available in the Black Pearl Slate (T9) color. I saw the listing of the available colors and it did not list BPS for the MMH.

[/quote

I think it's pretty funny. They started building them two days ago and then they are on vacation the first two weeks of July

Edited by DUCKRACER

[/quote

I think it's pretty funny. They started building them two days ago and then they are on vacation the first two weeks of July

They did not go thru a structural change from 08 to 09, little items like aero wheelwheel trim, slight cosmetic on front end, again aero, new sensors for stability control, etc...

Big changes need the downtime that summer shutdown provides, these changes are about like switching features on a radio, the holes are the same, just mount it.

None of these items need any downtime for retool, they actually were designed into the build 2 years ago, and any line modifications such as these can easily be handled during X-Mas, Easter, or Memorial Day breaks.

They most likely ramped up slowly to speed this whole week, and will be at 100% line speed when they come back from break.

So I just found out from the fleet manager for my company that "per Ford, the 09 FEH have been put on an immediate material hold. They will not be available for fleet production until Fall".

This is frustrating as my order was placed on 4/17.

Anyone have any ideas?

WSG71

So I just found out from the fleet manager for my company that "per Ford, the 09 FEH have been put on an immediate material hold. They will not be available for fleet production until Fall".

This is frustrating as my order was placed on 4/17.

Anyone have any ideas?

WSG71

My hope is that all current retail orders are filled before fleet orders.

That would match what is currently on Donlen's site:

http://www.donlen.com/buildstart_trucks_ford.html

Here was a post from someone working at KCAP dated 6/23/08 that said he has walked the line and that FEH were on the line.

I also read here that there was a battery issue and that the line was on hold. Two members have FEH for early July production on order and they will know sooner than anyone else if their models are on hold.

I'll PM the worker at KCAP and see if he can find out if there's a material hold (and more importantly, why?)

That would match what is currently on Donlen's site:

http://www.donlen.com/buildstart_trucks_ford.html

Here was a post from someone working at KCAP dated 6/23/08 that said he has walked the line and that FEH were on the line.

I also read here that there was a battery issue and that the line was on hold. Two members have FEH for early July production on order and they will know sooner than anyone else if their models are on hold.

I'll PM the worker at KCAP and see if he can find out if there's a material hold (and more importantly, why?)

Thanks! That's exactly who we get our vehicles from, Donlen.

I'll be interested to see what you find out.

Thanks! That's exactly who we get our vehicles from, Donlen.

I'll be interested to see what you find out.

I have read a few reports that fleet sale are on material HOLD for the past 2 months. If your ordered was though Donlen, don't expect to see your hybrid vehicle for a long time. If your order is a retail order and your dealer has allotments, it will be built according to the priority it was given from the dealership. Retail sales are a go from 6/23/08 and should not be confused with fleet sales.

Edited by GaryG

I think I am getting the run-around a little bit from my dealer,

I ordered my 09 on 04/28/08 and I still don't have a vin.

I am told my order number is 9020,, but what does this mean?

Others who have ordered AFTER 04/28/08 already have their vin number.

What a shame, this is my third vehicle purchase from this dealer and my second hybrid order from them.

My 08feh order was issued a vin within 2 weeks....

The ONLY advantage is they committed to selling me the truck for 1k under invoice for my loyalty, but I have a feeling this is going to cost me a looooong drawn out wait!

I am open for any suggestions!

I do have a paper from the "order screen" that they printed, is there a way I can decode the priority on here or something?

Thanks,

Sean

I ordered my 09 on 04/28/08 and I still don't have a vin.

I am told my order number is 9020,, but what does this mean?

Others who have ordered AFTER 04/28/08 already have their vin number.

[snip]

I do have a paper from the "order screen" that they printed, is there a way I can decode the priority on here or something?

Unfortunately, no, the number on the printout is specific to the dealer. Until you get a VIN or order confirmation from the dealer, you are still "in line." From what I've read on these forums, California is getting top priority for the first 5,000 (or 20% of the total annual production). I assume, but am not sure, that dealer volume has a lot to do with who is getting accepted orders on FEH's.

If you have a burning need for your FEH, my recommendation would be to buy from a California dealer, and pay $1,000 to have it shipped via car transit back to you.

I ordered mine last week, Ford pulls orders on Thursday, and I will let you know if I get the "golden ticket" today.

I ordered mine last week, Ford pulls orders on Thursday, and I will let you know if I get the "golden ticket" today.

No good news. My order didn't get pulled yesterday. Will update next Thursday if there's any news. I am going to call a few dealers in CA this afternoon and see if they have any MY09's inbound.

FYI, I have found at least 15 in stock 2008 FEH's in the San Diego area. There's inventory in California if anyone has a dire need for one now.

They are building my 2009 FEH now!

I just got a call from my local Ford dealer. Our FEH has started down the production line a few days early. He confirmed that Ford has already started. The scheduled build date was Jun-30. He expects it will be ready to ship within one week (maybe July 3 or July 7, but not confirmed)

History. We ordered about 10 days after the ordering system opened (April 27). We received the VIN about 1.5mos ago. VIN: 1fmcu49359ka0####

Edited by Dan_R

They are building my 2009 FEH now!

I just got a call from my local Ford dealer. Our FEH has started down the production line a few days early. He confirmed that Ford has already started. The scheduled build date was Jun-30. He expects it will be ready to ship within one week (maybe July 3 or July 7, but not confirmed)

History. We ordered about one week after the ordering system opened (forgot the exact day, maybe April 22?). We received the VIN about 1.5mos ago. VIN: 1fmcu49359ka0####

Hi Dan

My VIN has been issued also and it's similar to yours 1FMVU49369KA1####. In your number you have a C where I have a V and you have a 59 where I have a 69 and the first number after the KA is 0 for you and 1 for me. I got my number over the phone so I don't know if the V might have been a C because they sound alike. Can you compare what you ordered to mine?

1. FWD FEH

2. Black Pearl

3. Limited Package

4. Navigation

Thanks

I ordered my 2009 FEHL on 6/3/08 and have a build date of 7/14/08. Possibly 2st week of August delivery (?)

I'm curious how late some other people ordered their vehicles to obtain a priority code 10. So far, it looks like most ordered in late April/May. Has anyone ordered in Jun and received an delivery date in July?

I ordered my 2009 Escape Ltd (3.0l V6+nav+moonroof+16"wheels) on 06/12... Buying a new car wasn't something I was planning on doing right now (I just paid of my 2001 Ford Ranger XLT in april) but thanks to a drunk driver, my truck got totaled (05/30 - RIP little guy!)... I was late in ordering the Escape, so I'm sure I have quite a wait in front of me. I decided to wait for the 09 FE instead of settling for the 08. I just spoke to my Ford dealer today and no news yet.

And I want to say thank you to Ford... The care you took in building my Ranger saved my life. I walked away from the accident (side collision and head-on) with a few airbag burns on my arms, a bruised collar bone from the seatbelt, and just a few nicks from the shattered glass.

I come from a Ford family but you've really earned my respect.

Thank you!

I ordered my 2009 FEHL on 6/3/08 and have a build date of 7/14/08. Possibly 2st week of August delivery (?)

I'm curious how late some other people ordered their vehicles to obtain a priority code 10. So far, it looks like most ordered in late April/May. Has anyone ordered in Jun and received an delivery date in July?

Dang! I wish I could say that! I ordered on 06/01 or 02, and got nothin from the dealer yet. I had to push them this week to give me the order confirmation number that they had. Ugh. I'm happy for you, but this just gives me more cause to wonder whats up at my dealer. I gotta go in there and maybe talk to someone other than my sales person. She seems a bit clueless. I'm finding out more info on the process and how it works, here on-line then I'm getting word one out of the dealer.

Hope you enjoy yours. I'm sure I wil mine, if the dealer ever tells me what's going on.