2009 Lincoln MKZ Spied

wescoent

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wasn't really expecting anything too dramatic in terms of changing the greenhouse. A new exterior skin to match the rest of the Lincoln family, the 3.7L V6, some further chassis refinement, and a nice new interior is all this car really needs.

Once more new Lincoln products hit showrooms, MKZ sales will begin picking up.

One thing is (IMO) confirmed - the 09/10 MKZ will NOT have unique look - it will continue to share the profile with Fusion and Milan. That is not the best situation, but I think it is acceptable for now.

Igor

I don't think it's too critical that it look ENTIRELY different from the Fusion/Milan in profile. I think the more important thing here is that Lincoln is making short work of giving its entire lineup a SINGLE design identity. With a single styling theme, it will more quickly be described as "that's a Lincoln" instead of "that's a rebadged Fusion". I wonder how long we'll have to wait to see this face on the MKX or Navigator? I sure hope they fix the Navi SOON.

I wasn't really expecting anything too dramatic in terms of changing the greenhouse. A new exterior skin to match the rest of the Lincoln family, the 3.7L V6, some further chassis refinement, and a nice new interior is all this car really needs.

Once more new Lincoln products hit showrooms, MKZ sales will begin picking up.

I'm not entirely sure what, but the MKZ needs SOMETHING to make it feel less like a dressed-up Fusion.

CD3 is a good chassis, I just wish they could tighten up the front overhang, make it look a little more athletic.

But, I know there is only so much you can do with a front-driver...

One thing is (IMO) confirmed - the 09/10 MKZ will NOT have unique look - it will continue to share the profile with Fusion and Milan. That is not the best situation, but I think it is acceptable for now.

Igor

There was no question it would sport the same profile, The MKZ and the MKX won't differentiate from their ford counterparts like the MKS does until they are completely redone.

Edited by DCK

PS: I talked about rear headrests before - note - in these mules - not only do they have adjustable rear headrests, but they have THREE of them - quite a sight unseen on models that are not sold in Europe (see: Malibu, Accord, Camry, Altima(not even adjutable) etc).

Igor

They're not mules. They're prototypes.

Correct mules are drug transportation device's.

Also the sub-title of this thread hit the nail on the head with calling the grill Baleen. That's exactly what it looks like. A Cheap way to try to call it a Lincoln. If anything they could have spent whatever it would cost to get away from just a cheap plastic look to the grill. Anyone can throw plastic on the front of some sheet-metal. Some Mark's had distinctive headlights, grills and taillights. At least the MKX has that for the front and rear til '011. Then it will look like a Whales mouth also. But this new Baleen look is wearing thin, before the model's are even out.

Correct mules are drug transportation device's.

Also the sub-title of this thread hit the nail on the head with calling the grill Baleen. That's exactly what it looks like. A Cheap way to try to call it a Lincoln. If anything they could have spent whatever it would cost to get away from just a cheap plastic look to the grill. Anyone can throw plastic on the front of some sheet-metal. Some Mark's had distinctive headlights, grills and taillights. At least the MKX has that for the front and rear til '011. Then it will look like a Whales mouth also. But this new Baleen look is wearing thin, before the model's are even out.

Baleen grill... :hysterical: that krills me every time.....

Oh c'mon ALL grilles look cheap and plastic these days. Even the Benz ones.

true story...saw a new C class at the gas pump the other day...actually a pretty car...but grills be grills, and at least Lincons "new" styling take is distinctive and head and shouldrs above previous waterfall iterations....most grills are pretty generic...

Edited by Deanh