2009 Escape Info

jasonj80

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm concerned by the styling of the Fusion, but the interior is a stunning improvement. I prefer the current gen rear, much tighter! :)

I love the current styling of the Fusion; as long as they don't mess with the greenhouse I'll be okay with it, I think.

we had an escape for 3 years. i loved the way it drove, but...

it got horrible milage, and the duratec is pretty noisy under load.

if ford could get the milage up, the noise from the duratec down, they'd have quite a driver. i've driven many other small suv's, and the escape is the most fun, easiest to see out of, peppy, etc.

a lot of that could be helped with the 6-speed auto, i think.

i'd consider buying another one even the way it is, but it would be an easier decision with improvements.

?????????

You must be kidding me. Dr. Cameron playing someone old enough to have an O-6 for a son?

Maybe they'll have a flashback to his childhood?

Cast and more info:

Star Trek (unofficially Star Trek XI)

Studios: Paramount, Bad Robot Productions and Level 1 Entertainment

Release date: Dec. 25th, 2008

Director: J. J. Abrams

Budget: $150 million (estimated)

Synopsis: A chronicle of the early days of James T. Kirk and his fellow USS Enterprise crew members.

Cast;

James T. Kirk: Chris Pine

Spock (young): Zachary Quinto

Spock (old): Leonard Nimoy

Leonard "Bones" McCoy: Karl Urban

Montgomery Scott: Simon Pegg

Nyota Uhura: Zoe Saldana

Sulu: John Cho

Pavel Chekov: Anton Yelchin

Nero (Romulan "bad guy"): Eric Bana

Gen. Ayel (Nero's henchman): Clifton Collins Jr.

George Samuel Kirk Sr. (Kirks father): Chris Hemsworth

Winona Kirk (Kirks mother): Jennifer Morrison

Sarek (Spocks father): Ben Cross

Amanda Grayson (Spocks mother): Winona Ryder

Christopher Pike (1st Enterprise Captain): Bruce Greenwood

Head of Starfleet Academy: Tyler Perry

Unknown characters

Sonita Henry

Paul McGillion

Trivia:

A tribble will be in the film

I will vouch for NOT being a fan of the Escape....however...it blows my mind how the ( IMO ) substandard Escape has outsold just about EVERYONES predictions even with archaic drivetrains/ transmissions....I wonder if some of the sales are a reflection of the popularity of the "Halo" hybrid?...I for one can't explain the Escapes popularity!!!!

Heh, well it is odd to me as well. Noting is really all that appealing about it. Then again a lot of the CUVs are still pretty cheap, and unappealing. It'll be a few years before anything else such as the Edge show up.

Yes, the movie does span a few years of Trek history so you see younger and older versions of many characters. Nimoy (and the Romulans) come from the TNG timeline. There is a notoriously bad review of the HIGHLY secretive script, which appears to be bogus anyway.

The movie is closer to 200 million btw :)

ILM is doing the FX, and the dude responsible for the last Star Wars movies is doing the production design. The sets are enormous and will be largely CG extended. Filming is going on now and security is insane.

I just hijacked a thread out of the blue! ;)

I'm more annoyed by the construction site which should be in space, but apparently they have an excuse for that! Ahh well, can't have everything! They are spending the entire budget of the last 10 movies on this one film....so it's going to be a big one!

LOL, and you call yourself a Trekkie. The components of the original Starship Enterprise were built at the Hunter's Point Naval Shipyard in San Francisco and then assembled in space. Also, IIRC, Chris Pike was the second captain. Captain April was the first.

Heh, well it is odd to me as well. Noting is really all that appealing about it. Then again a lot of the CUVs are still pretty cheap, and unappealing. It'll be a few years before anything else such as the Edge show up.

The Escape is in a value conscious market that is attracted to the vehicle for its utility, functionality, and SUV style (alternative to the midsize sedan). It the ideal transition vehicle.

we had an escape for 3 years. i loved the way it drove, but...

it got horrible milage, and the duratec is pretty noisy under load.

if ford could get the milage up, the noise from the duratec down, they'd have quite a driver. i've driven many other small suv's, and the escape is the most fun, easiest to see out of, peppy, etc.

a lot of that could be helped with the 6-speed auto, i think.

i'd consider buying another one even the way it is, but it would be an easier decision with improvements.

You should try the new Escape once. The NVH is light-years ahead of the old model. I pressed the gas to accelerate and pass someone in the V6. I didn't think the car had downshifted, beacuse I didn't hear it, but I felt it. Looked at the tach, and I was doing 3,500 rpms with hardly any extra rumble in the cabin. There is still some improvement to be made in the NVH front and road noise a little bit (I think it's the tires), but it was good overall. I've not driven the four-cylinder, though, so I have no review of it.

The hybrid is even better than the regular Escape. Clearly the battery is nearly silent, but the tires, I think, make less noise when driving.

LOL, and you call yourself a Trekkie. The components of the original Starship Enterprise were built at the Hunter's Point Naval Shipyard in San Francisco and then assembled in space. Also, IIRC, Chris Pike was the second captain. Captain April was the first.

Yes, I know about original captains, but I only knew that the Enterprise was constructed at the San Fran Shipyards, which was always assumed to be in orbit. I didn't know about Hunter's point, where was that established?

As long as it's not built in Area 51 which is what was rumored ;)

Speaking of JJ Abrams, did anyone else catch "Cloverfield" over the weekend?

No, but the Teaser was attached to the movie and I wanted to see both...but alas! Time did not permit.

The original Enterprise would be a Ford F-150,....the Enterprise D would be a Lincoln MKT :)

the dude responsible for the last Star Wars movies is doing the production design

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

The -=ONLY=- decent set in that movie was the opera house!!!!! NOOOOOOOO!!!! Everything else was hopelessly overwrought

Yes, I know about original captains, but I only knew that the Enterprise was constructed at the San Fran Shipyards, which was always assumed to be in orbit. I didn't know about Hunter's point, where was that established?

As long as it's not built in Area 51 which is what was rumored ;)

IIRC, it was back in the 60's. I was stationed in the Bay area when I was in the Navy.