How to handle a Paranoid Co-worker

Brian502

My buddy has just returned to work from long term medical. He happens to have Hepatitis C and advanced liver disease. All but one of this guys co-workers is okay with his disease. The problem is that one person that happens to be a utility worker is freaked out and is causing my buddy a great deal of trouble. He has gone to the union and started a bunch of crap and is trying to have my friend moved from his job because he is afraid that he will catch Hep C. He is also badmouthing and starting other rumors throughout my buddy's work area. Does anybody have any ideas for my buddy? I've done some research and found that Hepatitis C is pretty hard to catch and that basically the only way to catch it is infected blood in a open wound.

My buddy has just returned to work from long term medical. He happens to have Hepatitis C and advanced liver disease. All but one of this guys co-workers is okay with his disease. The problem is that one person that happens to be a utility worker is freaked out and is causing my buddy a great deal of trouble. He has gone to the union and started a bunch of crap and is trying to have my friend moved from his job because he is afraid that he will catch Hep C. He is also badmouthing and starting other rumors throughout my buddy's work area. Does anybody have any ideas for my buddy? I've done some research and found that Hepatitis C is pretty hard to catch and that basically the only way to catch it is infected blood in a open wound.

Tell your friend to go to labor relations and make them enforce the zero tolerance policy! its their job to put a stop to shit like this, if the company is ok with him in there then it is there duty to protect him.....

just make sure ya dont share needles with the guy and youre ok.lol.

no but really,why did he let it get out in the first place. probably thought his teammates were his friends. guess they are proving that they are not.

ignorance is almost as good a motivater as fear, and one leads to the other.

Hi Brian. :D Your friend should do exactly what "jinxd" stated. He needs to file an official complaint to be sure it is on the record. Anything less will not stop this "other person".

Good luck! :beerchug:

• 2 months later...

We have more to worry bout @ times around the plants than a remote chance of

catching some blood borne disease from a guy that wont be working much longer

w/ that advanced liver disease....show some tolerance nd understanding! :reading:

My sister battle Hep C for 20 years, died at 34 waiting for a liver transplant, not one of us in the family had it, she even had a son that didn't even contract it during her pregnancy, it's not that easy to get

Tell the person if they don't like working with him, then transfer out of department

• 11 months later...

Your friend should tell that utility dipshit that he's all better now. If that guy is stupid enough to think that he can catch Hep C from your friend, then he's stupid enough to believe that your friend just got cured.

Your friend should tell that utility dipshit that he's all better now. If that guy is stupid enough to think that he can catch Hep C from your friend, then he's stupid enough to believe that your friend just got cured.

:hysterical: That's the best solution yet....and the idiot would probably believe it too. " I went in for a transfusion , and they replaced all my blood. I am Hep C free now." :happy feet: :happy feet:

Squirt a bottle of Jiz in his face.. hahahahaha

Bbwbwbbabababbaaaaaaa hahahah

:hysterical:

I know I'm sick!.. sorry someone on here got me thinking of BT's.... it's almost summer! hahahaha..

Any girls wanna ride in my vett convertible this summer, they have to wash it first in a bikini!..

Edited by chuckie

Tell management that worker is creating a hostile work environment, have labor enforce the zero tolerance against harassment. If they don't take care of it immediately, let the guy know he can be sued for slander and harassment, and the company can be sued for not protecting the rights of the worker with the medical issue. If you're in the right, use the law to your advantage. The company will force the hostile worker to straighten up immediately, so they won't get sued. If medical precautions need to be implemented, fine. Give everyone the facts, show the affected worker some respect, let him do his job, observe safety precautions.. then life and work goes on. Peoples ignorance shouldn't hinder a workplace from making its' products and making its' profits. Good luck to your friend and I hope this gets resolved right away

I agree, the sad part about it is, this guy doesn't have much longer to live and he is still in there trying to put food on his table. This guy could probably could be a good friend to someone in there.. Normally when people know they don't have much longer to live they try and live their lives to the fullest for the time they have left. This also means that he shows people respect and treats them well. The same respect should be shown back to him. I feel sorry for this guy I really do. May god bless him and his family.

Edited by forddoctor