NORFOLK

napman

Norfolk short shifted day shift and night shift because they don't need the trucks.But yet they canceled all of our down weeks except March due to stronger than expected sales.Something does not add up.

One thing we know at Norfolk is that FORD really does not need us anymore.Our time is limited!

Norfolk short shifted day shift and night shift because they don't need the trucks.But yet they canceled all of our down weeks except March due to stronger than expected sales.Something does not add up.

One thing we know at Norfolk is that FORD really does not need us anymore.Our time is limited!

We have been s.s. at Dearborn (afternoon shift) every day this week. We hit our magic number and we are done. Anyone from K.C. want to chime in? :poke:

Do not be so down the UAW will save the day.

We have a magic number everyday. Dayshift, according to one board is making more than its numbers and nightshift only has to make less. By my count we are building a little more than 810 units a day. We have had no major breakdowns and have started up on time everyday. Trust me if they wanted us to have the down time we would. By the way, group leaders are required to work on March shutdown.

Nothing at Ford adds up because it's not suppose too.

Could you Imagine what would happen if we knew everthing Ford was planning and doing?

We already criticize them for the way they run their plants, and we know they can't even do that shit right. And it's not just them. Look at the UAW, they don't even have standards nor have a F'n clue as to what to do with the membership. It appears to Me that everyone is trying to find a way to cover their ass for not doing their job in the first place.

Nothing at Ford adds up because it's not suppose too.

Could you Imagine what would happen if we knew everthing Ford was planning and doing?

We already criticize them for the way they run their plants, and we know they can't even do that shit right. And it's not just them. Look at the UAW, they don't even have standards nor have a F'n clue as to what to do with the membership. It appears to Me that everyone is trying to find a way to cover their ass for not doing their job in the first place.

I think you pretty much covered it.

Then why is there an alleged $30 million expansion going on @ NAP, or is that just another rumor? Also, it has been said that there are some people from NAP coming up to TCAP tomorrow for what, nobody seems to really know. Supposedly, they will be here for about 2 weeks. Anyone from NAP know what this is about? :shrug:

Then why is there an alleged $30 million expansion going on @ NAP, or is that just another rumor? Also, it has been said that there are some people from NAP coming up to TCAP tomorrow for what, nobody seems to really know. Supposedly, they will be here for about 2 weeks. Anyone from NAP know what this is about? :shrug:

The $30 million dollars poured into Norfolk means nothing but a tax write off if FORD decides to close Norfolk.Trust me that expansion would not stop FORD from closing Norfolk.

As far as people going to TCAP I have not heard that but I have heard that Norfolk is trying to get that new ranger that is suppose to be built.

The $30 million dollars poured into Norfolk means nothing but a tax write off if FORD decides to close Norfolk.Trust me that expansion would not stop FORD from closing Norfolk.

As far as people going to TCAP I have not heard that but I have heard that Norfolk is trying to get that new ranger that is suppose to be built.

New Ranger most likely will end up in the Rouge "TRUCK" plant

New Ranger most likely will end up in the Rouge "TRUCK" plant

More like Thailand when the chicken tax is dropped...

I understand about the write off on the $30 mil. Supposedly the NAP plant manager and the Building chairman are going to TCAP tomorrow and no I hear that it's for 2 days, not 2 weeks. Check it out...

Edited by sunoco260

The next Ranger is from Thailand, worst kept secret ever

Of course you could ask to go to Thailand

If Ford expects the consumers to buy Ford Rangers they better not have them

built at Norfolk.

Norfolk has too many problems. But this is a big secret.

More like Thailand when the chicken tax is dropped...

I understand about the write off on the $30 mil. Supposedly the NAP plant manager and the Building chairman are going to TCAP tomorrow and no I hear that it's for 2 days, not 2 weeks. Check it out...

Plant Mngr and Building Chairman are supposedly going to see how T.C. runs on 4 10's and try it in NAP.

If Ford expects the consumers to buy Ford Rangers they better not have them

built at Norfolk.

Norfolk has too many problems. But this is a big secret.

No more problems than any other plant. But thanks for the disparaging comments about NAP.

Edited by Simpleman

WHY DONT YOU FILL US IN ON WHAT THOSE BIG PROBLEMS ARE?? :read:

Is it snakes in the basement?

Not enough grass on the roof?

Not enough hi-lo drivers to sell drugs?

Its probably 'cause NAP only has 3 gates and cannot get enough material into the plant

or the fishing in the Indain River is just too bad

Back on topic.....

We haven't short shifted on days yet this week. Nights short shifted Monday due to a fire in paint (or so I heard).

We ran about 440 on days today..... Many people are hopeing to be short shifted this week, and we'd like to know more about the 4-10's thing and how exactly it's gonna work.

Back on topic.....

We haven't short shifted on days yet this week. Nights short shifted Monday due to a fire in paint (or so I heard).

We ran about 440 on days today..... Many people are hopeing to be short shifted this week, and we'd like to know more about the 4-10's thing and how exactly it's gonna work.

It will depend on your local of course, but basically it's 4 ten hour days @ straight time pay (Mon.-Thurs.) which undermines the time-and-one-half pay after 8 hours. You will then have a 3 day weekend. Also, you can bet that skilled trades will not be working Sundays any more as they will still be at five 8's. NAP will no longer need to pay all the overtime for Sunday work when trades could essentially have a "weekend" to do projects, etc. on Friday (with no production working) and Saturday.

:rolleyes:

Is it snakes in the basement?

Not enough grass on the roof?

Not enough hi-lo drivers to sell drugs?

Its probably 'cause NAP only has 3 gates and cannot get enough material into the plant

or the fishing in the Indain River is just too bad

O.K. THOSE PROBLEMS. :mellow:

4 10s sounds excellent to me, hope they do it at CAP. 3 day weekend, save money by not having to go to work on 5th day, spend summer doing nice things EVERY weekend, hmmmm!!!!!

The regualr workers should have no complaints if this happens, unless there is something I am missing. As for the overtime premium, not to many plants are going to be working overtime for the forseeable future. If they are going to give me daaaaaaaayyyyyyysssssssss off anytime of the year to not have to worry about their nonsense, it is all good to me.

Memorial Day weekend for next to infinity. Sounds like a plan, sign me up! I would do it now regardless of plant schedule if they would let me!

P.S. For you younger people who claim old timers don't have life which is why they continue to work------>if you aren't up for this freebee, you oughta look in the mirror and start proclaiming, "I sound more like my dad everyday, yech!" lololololol!

Edited by Imawhosure

It will depend on your local of course, but basically it's 4 ten hour days @ straight time pay (Mon.-Thurs.) which undermines the time-and-one-half pay after 8 hours. You will then have a 3 day weekend. Also, you can bet that skilled trades will not be working Sundays any more as they will still be at five 8's. NAP will no longer need to pay all the overtime for Sunday work when trades could essentially have a "weekend" to do projects, etc. on Friday (with no production working) and Saturday.

:rolleyes:

Trades haven't been working Sundays in quite a while and not all are working Saturdays.

4 10s sounds excellent to me, hope they do it at CAP. 3 day weekend, save money by not having to go to work on 5th day, spend summer doing nice things EVERY weekend, hmmmm!!!!!

The regualr workers should have no complaints if this happens, unless there is something I am missing. As for the overtime premium, not to many plants are going to be working overtime for the forseeable future. If they are going to give me daaaaaaaayyyyyyysssssssss off anytime of the year to not have to worry about their nonsense, it is all good to me.

Memorial Day weekend for next to infinity. Sounds like a plan, sign me up! I would do it now regardless of plant schedule if they would let me!

P.S. For you younger people who claim old timers don't have life which is why they continue to work------>if you aren't up for this freebee, you oughta look in the mirror and start proclaiming, "I sound more like my dad everyday, yech!" lololololol!

rack him!!

Harry, Oh Harry, lolol,

Why you want to set them upon me, hehehehehehe! You were doing a fine job blocking their left hooks and right crosses, leave me in peace!!!

So far in your bout of ten rounds, you have competed 7 and I have it scored 5 for you to 2 for them. Cmon, let me bet instead of participate much. I am enjoying all the illogical logic you are having to fend off. I have my own problems with a thread that they keep trying to post re-written history in, hehehehe!

This has to be without a doubt,the most useless,and misinformed thread I have ever read on these boards.To those spewing rumors and claiming to be tax experts "$30 million is just a wrtie off",you are absolute morons."Our time is limited" blaaaaah blaaah blah.Cry baby drama queens.For the love of God and all that is holy in your little world that you call a brain,if you don't have anything worthwhile or prudent to add to the conversation,please shuuuuut the hell up. :drool: