LEP SAYS MERRY X-MASS TO THERE SKILLED TRADES IN TEAR-OUT

BLUEOVALMAN

Has Mr lepskilledtrade ever ran for a union position. Its easy to sit back and second guess every decision. How is it that if MWT's are so bad (my bad, thats Cleveland )that he or she is the only person from Lima posting on this topic. And then there's Level who must spend 24 hours a day on blue oval. Makes me feel good that my union dues are going to such a hard working union person. Its a crying shame when somebody that claims to represent us on a national level is trying so hard to get a local contract defeated. Mr King should be very proud.

You know what, you keep telling your people and this forum about Cleveland having IMT or MWT's. That is absolutely 100% not true. Why are you doing that?

The Company went overboard on this IMT shit, not you. Your people need you to fix it, not sell it to them. So go fix it brother. And I sincerely wish you all of the best, I mean that. I do not want to see a local at odds. Your local defeat however, has given you a tremendous tool. The power of ratification through the collective voice of a majority of your membership. The Company has to deal with that now. Pound them to death with it, make them fix it, they have no choice if they want it to pass.

Good luck brother, I mean you no harm personally. I know after you work so hard on something, it is hard not to take a defensive position because of all the work you put into it .

I only hate the Company rendition of IMT's IMST's. Now we only have Appendix J.

You are the pilot- please fix this "right" for everyone.

Edited by level

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what, you keep telling your people and this forum about Cleveland having IMT or MWT's. That is absolutely 100% not true. Why are you doing that?

The Company went overboard on this IMT shit, not you. Your people need you to fix it, not sell it to them. So go fix it brother. And I sincerely wish you all of the best, I mean that. I do not want to see a local at odds. Your local defeat however, has given you a tremendous tool. The power of ratification through the collective voice of a majority of your membership. The Company has to deal with that now. Pound them to death with it, make them fix it, they have no choice if they want it to pass.

Good luck brother, I mean you no harm personally. I know after you work so hard on something, it is hard not to take a defensive position because of all the work you put into it .

well said.

i agree!

Now there's a response I would want from my rep ! Smart, to the point but respectful. You sure you wouldnt want to transfer to an ACH plant?? LOL !! Poke,poke,poke......You actually may have a good sense of humor. Carry ON.........

You got the wrong person here. Lima was trashed in this contract due to politics. Those people had every right to vote down a contract, they just voted down the wrong one. Why would the company award work to other engine plants when the metrics speak for themselves. Talk about smelling something fishy.

Has Mr lepskilledtrade ever ran for a union position. Its easy to sit back and second guess every decision. How is it that if MWT's are so bad (my bad, thats Cleveland )that he or she is the only person from Lima posting on this topic. And then there's Level who must spend 24 hours a day on blue oval. Makes me feel good that my union dues are going to such a hard working union person. Its a crying shame when somebody that claims to represent us on a national level is trying so hard to get a local contract defeated. Mr King should be very proud.

It is also real easy for an elected official to disregard the best interests of the membership in favor of self serving agenda's, then try and force feed it repeatedly using scare tactics. You were elected to represent the membership and be the voice for the masses, not to decide what is best for them regardless of what they think. If the membership votes it down, fix the problem and move in another direction.

Edited by VDTRANSMAN

As I said before you have the wrong person. Any chairman that has time to spend on Blue Oval is not serving his membership. Level, please explain how the decision was made on sourcing work to Cleveland so the people in Lima can better understand the fishy smell

Sorry that you are misinformed. There are at least 6 other people that I know of using this username "lepskilled trades" and the same password from Lima. Not to mention the half a dozen or so other usernames from Lima that I know about!!! Wouldn't want to run for our union positions, can't lie good enough. VOTE NO on IMT!!!

As I said before you have the wrong person. Any chairman that has time to spend on Blue Oval is not serving his membership. Level, please explain how the decision was made on sourcing work to Cleveland so the people in Lima can better understand the fishy smell

We at Lima already know why work went to Cleveland and that is not the issue here . The issue is that our union tried to force feed us a contract that is no good for anyone and we let them know we would not take it!! And hopefully we will let them know again if they try the same crap!!

I am afraid that it is very much the issue. How do you suppose politics are played at the national level. There are plants that very much have earned new work (like Lima) and there are people that worked very hard for the last couple months to smear the image of these plants. Be careful who you trust , it might come back to haunt you.

" I can't died in the Poor house" Is that you?? Is your name Ican't???

Moron's, you lazy fucks couldn't find your ass with both hands. I'm embarrassed to be in the same union with Fucks like you.

Although it is fun to watch a bunch of lazy assholes sit around on a computer sit and bitch about how bad they have it making $32.00 an hour with world class benefits. I bet all of the whiners on this forum couldn't hold a candle to a real blue collar worker (their job is about pride and true skill).

You should be ashamed of yourselves. How long have you been a journeyman lepskilled trades?? Have you worked anywhere other than Ford?? I hope I get your lazy ass out on a construction site someday. Your lazy ass would be back at the hall signing the book so fast your head would spin. The lazy assholes are always signing the book. Real workers hate laggards. You are a insult to the real blue collar workers of the world.

I love the Unions and all of the workers in it. But I am so tired of whiny crybabies that cannot hold a real workers tool-belt. What do you think you are entitled to?? What knowledge do you posses that others that have come before you didn't know?? Absolutely nothing I am sure. I work hard and am proud of it no matter the job given to me. I am proud to work with other people that love to do a great job and take pride in it. A very smart woman once said " I can't died in the Poor house" ask yourself is that you??

Put up a wall and I will knock it down. If the Economy collapsed right now you would not be able to support your family, survival of the fittest would prevail and you would be laying on a slab. I bet you have never even had the balls to leave your own state much less the country.

I am very upset at the concessions we have had to give, but guess what I adapt and overcome and pack it right back up the stupid mis-management (salary) peoples asses. I am important to them because I have skills and I try to do the best job I can no matter what. Can you say that?????

Edited by beatdown

" I can't died in the Poor house" Is that you?? Is your name Ican't???

Moron's, you lazy fucks couldn't find your ass with both hands. I'm embarrassed to be in the same union with Fucks like you.

Although it is fun to watch a bunch of lazy assholes sit around on a computer sit and bitch about how bad they have it making $32.00 an hour with world class benefits. I bet all of the whiners on this forum couldn't hold a candle to a real blue collar worker (their job is about pride and true skill).

You should be ashamed of yourselves. How long have you been a journeyman lepskilled trades?? Have you worked anywhere other than Ford?? I hope I get your lazy ass out on a construction site someday. Your lazy ass would be back at the hall signing the book so fast your head would spin. The lazy assholes are always signing the book. Real workers hate laggards. You are a insult to the real blue collar workers of the world.

I love the Unions and all of the workers in it. But I am so tired of whiny crybabies that cannot hold a real workers tool-belt. What do you think you are entitled to?? What knowledge do you posses that others that have come before you didn't know?? Absolutely nothing I am sure. I work hard and am proud of it no matter the job given to me. I am proud to work with other people that love to do a great job and take pride in it. A very smart woman once said " I can't died in the Poor house" ask yourself is that you??

Put up a wall and I will knock it down. If the Economy collapsed right now you would not be able to support your family, survival of the fittest would prevail and you would be laying on a slab. I bet you have never even had the balls to leave your own state much less the country.

I am very upset at the concessions we have had to give, but guess what I adapt and overcome and pack it right back up the stupid mis-management (salary) peoples asses. I am important to them because I have skills and I try to do the best job I can no matter what. Can you say that?????

You are an idiot!! I for one came to Ford with 20+ years of factory experience working a hell of alot harder for a hell of alot less so don't try and pretend you know who we are or what we are about. You bitch about someone being on the computer alot well did you post this from your job? By the way last time I checked trades are blue collared workers! If I were on a construction site with my education I would be your BOSS!! By the way I used to do construction too.

You are an idiot!! I for one came to Ford with 20+ years of factory experience working a hell of a lot harder for a hell of a lot less so don't try and pretend you know who we are or what we are about. You bitch about someone being on the computer alot well did you post this from your job? By the way last time I checked trades are blue collared workers! If I were on a construction site with my education I would be your BOSS!! By the way I used to do construction too.

Lets see laggard, 20+ years before Ford that must make you in your late 50s or 60s unless you have no seniority at Ford then you might be in your late 40s with maybe 5 or 6 years seniority maybe less. What did you do, hit the Ford hiring lottery or are you a salary or Union reps relative.

A pussy like you would never be able to be a boss on any work site. No real blue collar worker would have any respect for your lazy ass. I bet you are a lazy lamb can you say Baa Baaa follow the herd asshole.

I can tell by your grammar and use of words that you are not near as educated as you claim to be. I'm sure you were somebody's bitch on the job site, if you even did work construction.

I know the trades are blue collared workers and we are proud of our skills and work ethic. You are a lazy whiner, go away. Look at how many posts you have compared to me and tell me who spends all their time on the computer dip shit.

Edited by beatdown

Lets see laggard, 20+ years before Ford that must make you in your late 50s or 60s unless you have no seniority at Ford then you might be in your late 40s with maybe 5 or 6 years seniority maybe less. What did you do, hit the Ford hiring lottery or are you a salary or Union reps relative.

A pussy like you would never be able to be a boss on any work site. No real blue collar worker would have any respect for your lazy ass. I bet you are a lazy lamb can you say Baa Baaa follow the herd asshole.

I can tell by your grammar and use of words that you are not near as educated as you claim to be. I'm sure you were somebody's bitch on the job site, if you even did work construction.

I know the trades are blue collared workers and we are proud of our skills and work ethic. You are a lazy whiner, go away. Look at how many posts you have compared to me and tell me who spends all their time on the computer dip shit.

Hey man, I for one am quick to jump on someone, but where do you get off jumping on lep for being "lazy"? I just think that is a stretch. Although I am one to attack when provoked, I cannot see what your attack is based on. Please explain to all of us, so we can understand your reasoning.

You got the wrong person here. Lima was trashed in this contract due to politics. Those people had every right to vote down a contract, they just voted down the wrong one. Why would the company award work to other engine plants when the metrics speak for themselves. Talk about smelling something fishy.

What do you mean they voted down the wrong one? The only contracts they voted on were your local and the National. Are you saying they should have passed your local and voted down the national? Please explain that one to us.

Also, It seems that you are telling us that Cleveland doesn't deserve the half of the D35 engine that they were awarded.

I may be wrong, but I don't think so. Is that why you are so ready to jump into the Company's IMT agreement, so you can whipsaw against Cleveland and take their work away because you think you deserve it more, based on your "metrics". you want all of the D35 -not half?

Explain yourself to us please.

23473648.jpg

Cleveland 1 got an additional increment of D-35. They already split the first three legs with Lima. Read what it says in the product commitments. Lima people have the right to be upset about this thus my statement about voting down the wrong one. Hope this helps clarify my statement.

simple addition must not be one of your strong points heh? I started working in a factory when I was 18 dipshit. come on down to lima and I'll make you my bitch asshole! Or better yet tell us where we can find you . Or are you afraid "beatdown" Don't you worry about what we do in Lima because we will do the right thing. If you work construction then you obviously don't work at FORD. So stay the hell off our site!!!

Cleveland 1 got an additional increment of D-35. They already split the first three legs with Lima. Read what it says in the product commitments. Lima people have the right to be upset about this thus my statement about voting down the wrong one. Hope this helps clarify my statement.

So I was correct, you wanted people to vote down the National contract because it gave Cleveland work,

and vote yes on your local contract that took an unpopular position so you could attempt to whipsaw the additional increment of work?

Hey now that's Solidarity for yah! :headscratch:

whipsaw_small.jpg

Warning - Whipsaw in use!

Edited by level

Solidarity my ass. They have been eliminating production jobs for thirty years and the trades went untouched. Never heard a word. You are an embarressment to the UAW if you were negotiating my contract. Don't act like you care about production jobs now. It's all about your ass time. Whipsawing is exactly what happened in the national contract. The people in Lima deserve new work just as much as anybody but because of people like Level, it didn't happen. A personal vendetta against one plant is not solidarity.

What a idiot you read to much into the bullshit contract letters they all have a easy-out loophole based on volume and market share.

Anyone with any brains should know that Cleveland got its turn sending a person to national negotiations. Any national negotiator gets a special letter so they can go back to their local and tell them what a great job they did in negotiations. Guess who's turn it is next contract???

Ford will do whatever is in their best interest in North America. And as long as the work stays in the States the UAW will not bitch who gets the work between Cleveland and Lima. It will all be based on productivity and cost. Try and file a grievance on a letter of understanding.

To the lazy whiners in (lepskilledtrades) skilled trades get real it is time to step up and secure all jobs for UAW members (including production Jobs), so don't think you are going to set your lazy ass in a break room waiting for something to brake. Get out on the floor and do your fair share you are not better than any other person in this society we live in. We all put our pants on the same way.

Do what ever it takes to be productive and make your local management accountable for their shitty decision's and mistakes.

Edited by beatdown

Solidarity my ass. They have been eliminating production jobs for thirty years and the trades went untouched. Never heard a word. You are an embarressment to the UAW if you were negotiating my contract. Don't act like you care about production jobs now. It's all about your ass time. Whipsawing is exactly what happened in the national contract. The people in Lima deserve new work just as much as anybody but because of people like Level, it didn't happen. A personal vendetta against one plant is not solidarity.

I have a couple of comments on your statements above:

Trades were affected tremendously. The effect of consolidation will lessen their numbers as attritions occur into the future. That was a huge step for the skilled trades to take, and one that they would never have taken in the past. You may not realize it, but that much is true. Just look at the numbers brother, we are all taking a hit in this economy.

The people in Lima did get new work, but apparently you want more.

We all do brother, believe me, we all do. But taking it from another plant is not the way we do it in the Union.

The National contract was a huge win for all of us in the USA. The work was spread to give everyone enough to keep them going. Sales volume will determine the rest, and let's hope things sell or we will all be looking for work, no matter what was promised.

No one has a personal vendetta against your plant. Do you seriously feel that the entire UAW and a majority of your local is wrong, and only you are right? Therein lies the problem "brother". If Cleveland is successful getting diesel work, maybe you will get more of the D35, who knows? The goal is to keep everyone working. Cleveland has a lot of people that would be affected if they did not recieve more work. Would it make sense to you to move all of those people out of their homes and move them down to Lima to work on the same engine? No. All that would do is add costs and upset families.

I do care about production and trades. More so than you apparently. You need to focus on the reasons your local was turned down, and correct them. It is that simple.

And quit blaming the National contract for whipsawing, language was put in there to prevent it. The COA's put a lot of locals in a desperate mode for work, in a bad economy, and people did what they thought was best. In hindsight, it was not all "best" for the Union as a whole. Bob King, his Staff and the negotiators worked very hard to fairly give every local the security it needs to survive in this economy, and you spit in his face by saying he whipsawed you and the National should be voted down?

Apparently the only thing you see as fair, is to shut Cleveland down and give you all of the D35 because you were willing to give more concessions? That is shameful brother. Some of the stamping plants had to share some work in order to keep the remainder open, but they aren't crying that they should have it all and close someone else. This is a UNION, we take the good together, and we share the bad to lessen the effect on everyone.

Go to the doctor and ask for a shot of solidarity, your count is seriously low.

22677452.jpg

Edited by level

I didn't say anything about Bob King. I am talking about you my friend. Look at the way that you react to people that disagree with you and you want to preach solidarity. What a joke. Nobody said anything about stealing work from other plants or closing down other plants. Nice try though. I have more union blood in my bones than you will ever have. I just don't have the position to come on here and act like somebody important.

Your post above says it all. If you say they should have voted down the National, then you are saying something about Bob.

You state that Cleveland doesn't deserve any work, you should get it all.

You state I disagree with you, well so does a majority of your local (apparently).

What else needs to be said. I think your position is pretty clear to all of us on this forum. Don't try to point a finger at me, remember that when you point, four of your fingers are pointing back at you.

You need counseling "brother".

jkon629l.jpg

Edited by level

Understand the competitive gap to best-in-class competitors and pursue mutually acceptable methods of closing the gap. Implement necessary changes to allow Ford North America to create a competitive platform to be considered for future business versus the global alternatives. Right out of appendix J. It doesn't hurt to think outside the box and people who do shouldn't be looked down at but applauded.