2 tier wages

bustedknuckles

Busted knuckles you make way to much money doing something some flunky with no education can do .8hrs of training someone could be doing your job just fine.auto workers are over paid and under educated.

Why? Are you comparing their income to yours? Did you ever consider YOU may be underpaid if that is how you draw such conclusions?

Why is it that most people take the tact that "so and so is overpaid," instead of "hey, if they make that much, maybe I am underpaid!"

No matter how you want to paint it, this is absolutely a true statement----------->when the auto companys DID hire at the wages they paid when hiring was in vogue for them, over 90% of the new hires did NOT make 90 days without quitting, getting fired, etc.

If you are a business person, than you know that if your turnover rate is that high, to keep individuals in your employment, you have to sweeten the deal.

All business people here rant about "what the market will bare" as far as autoworkers wages and bennies, and point to whom? Name an auto company that has been in business here for a while, and see what they pay.

The big 2 1/2s problems lie mostly with legacy costs, NOT WAGES, and not so much productivity; eventhough they toil in mostly ancient plants compared to the transplants.

And so, what is your solution? To tell these people they make to much money? Boulderdash!!!!!! Tell that to a fulltime employee in Georgetown, lol. With profit sharing, they make more than we do, and some people on here use the wage thing as an excuse to buy a foreign vehicle. How crazy is that!!!!!

CONCLUSION--------->If you despise UAW workers for what they make, then you must also hate Toyoty workers. If you drivre a Toyoty, boy, do you look like a fool for the reson you gave for purchasing it.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well there you go! used your tesphe to put down on a house.just when your were saving your way out of the middle class you use your tesphe money to buy a house.Again you are support the rich.ask any finacial adviser if that was a smart move.why not spend 30 on a pair of shoes and have them last twice as long?Your a victim of your own self pitty and will always be middle class.keep working hard corp america needs you.NOT

Hey Ted,

Maybe you should start an advice column, or maybe even become an investment advisor yourself. But in your statement above "you will always be middle class" assumes that you do not consider yourself such - and above them. I think using his savings to buy down his monthly payment price just might be the right thing in this economy. We all can't afford to have a session with a financial guru.

I think the guy will be lucky to "always be middle class" since the middle class might not always be around! Lighten up on your "better than thou" down the nose view through those black frames.

Hey Ted,

Maybe you should start an advice column, or maybe even become an investment advisor yourself. But in your statement above "you will always be middle class" assumes that you do not consider yourself such - and above them. I think using his savings to buy down his monthly payment price just might be the right thing in this economy. We all can't afford to have a session with a financial guru.

I think the guy will be lucky to "always be middle class" since the middle class might not always be around! Lighten up on your "better than thou" down the nose view through those black frames.

:shades: Thank you, My whole point of this thread is we as Americans need to demand some accountability we are losing our way of life . No matter what the goverment says we can not move on to a service based economy it just isnt feasable .They have given away the farm but still want the produce . I just feel so frustrated by the whole situation . I do not know what it will take to turn the tide but I only can hope it will :banghead:

Why? Are you comparing their income to yours? Did you ever consider YOU may be underpaid if that is how you draw such conclusions?

Why is it that most people take the tact that "so and so is overpaid," instead of "hey, if they make that much, maybe I am underpaid!"

No matter how you want to paint it, this is absolutely a true statement----------->when the auto companys DID hire at the wages they paid when hiring was in vogue for them, over 90% of the new hires did NOT make 90 days without quitting, getting fired, etc.

If you are a business person, than you know that if your turnover rate is that high, to keep individuals in your employment, you have to sweeten the deal.

All business people here rant about "what the market will bare" as far as autoworkers wages and bennies, and point to whom? Name an auto company that has been in business here for a while, and see what they pay.

The big 2 1/2s problems lie mostly with legacy costs, NOT WAGES, and not so much productivity; eventhough they toil in mostly ancient plants compared to the transplants.

And so, what is your solution? To tell these people they make to much money? Boulderdash!!!!!! Tell that to a fulltime employee in Georgetown, lol. With profit sharing, they make more than we do, and some people on here use the wage thing as an excuse to buy a foreign vehicle. How crazy is that!!!!!

CONCLUSION--------->If you despise UAW workers for what they make, then you must also hate Toyoty workers. If you drivre a Toyoty, boy, do you look like a fool for the reson you gave for purchasing it.

You then have to consider that voluntary attrition rate being at less then one percent indicates the opposite don't you?

You then have to consider that voluntary attrition rate being at less then one percent indicates the opposite don't you?

Not at all!!!!

I am telling you what they went trhough to get the employees. Now that they have them, why would anyone who was in the 4 or 5% that stayed want to leave?

Now if the company wants to cut them, so be it. But to go and say that we want to cut YOU and replace YOU for 1/2 the money is bogus.

Many of you want to try and suggest that Georgetown is paid what they are because of wanting to keep the union out. You also point to the applications that are put in at any auto factory when it is announced they will hire.

Let us talk about how many they hire to get 100 people to stay!!!!

Mr Davdog and Labor, if a positon is put in the paper for most jobs, what is the turnover rate?

Now, what is the turnover rate at an auto plant of people hiring in? Why?

FINALLY LET ME POINT OUT THIS, which may be a little far afield, but it has merit--------------->There appears to be 12 to 20 million ILLEGAL ALIENS in this country; many of which are working.

How much would YOU as business owners have to pay, if we EXTRACTED them and open up the jobs to JUST LEGAL citizens? Think we......or any manufacturing person is paid to much, lol.

Or are you suggesting that we allow illegal aliens to stay, just to lower labor costs!!!

Not at all!!!!

I am telling you what they went trhough to get the employees. Now that they have them, why would anyone who was in the 4 or 5% that stayed want to leave?

Now if the company wants to cut them, so be it. But to go and say that we want to cut YOU and replace YOU for 1/2 the money is bogus.

Many of you want to try and suggest that Georgetown is paid what they are because of wanting to keep the union out. You also point to the applications that are put in at any auto factory when it is announced they will hire.

Mr Davdog and Labor, if a positon is put in the paper for most jobs, what is the turnover rate?

FINALLY LET ME POINT OUT THIS, which may be a little far afield, but it has merit--------------->There appears to be 12 to 20 million ILLEGAL ALIENS in this country; many of which are working.

How much would YOU as business owners have to pay, if we EXTRACTED them and open up the jobs to JUST LEGAL citizens? Think we......or any manufacturing person is paid to much, lol.

Or are you suggesting that we allow illegal aliens to stay, just to lower labor costs!!!

Toyota built their first US plant in Georgetown Kentucky. They vetted thousands of applications to hire three thousand employees, only one thousand of those are still there. Yet, they have less than one hundred retirees. The government will not protect us, we have to protect each other. That is what the UAW is all about!!!

Toyota built their first US plant in Georgetown Kentucky. They vetted thousands of applications to hire three thousand employees, only one thousand of those are still there. Yet, they have less than one hundred retirees. The government will not protect us, we have to protect each other. That is what the UAW is all about!!!

Not to mention they plotted their location to keep out the union and utilize the poverty in the area to their advantage.

ellu are you O.k. your making sense today? maybe I had the wrong impression of you! Edited by Furious1Auto

Not at all!!!!

My turn over rate is low I have 2 guys with me 2 years

I'm all about running those illegals back to where they came my guys are all American

my labor costs are not low

The reason that the turn over is so low at union plant is because of the same reasons the companys cant compete. Bunch of cry babies saying you cant do that you OWE ME A JOB

I'm all about running those illegals back to where they came my guys are all American

The reason that the turn over is so low at union plant is because of the same reasons the companys cant compete. Bunch of cry babies saying you cant do that you OWE ME A JOB

You did not answer the pertinent question------------>what would labor costs be WITHOUT illegals manning jobs? There would be a labor SHORTAGE! Do we agree?

Therefore, everyone is UNDER payed because the competition for labor would drive the price up. (especially in the deep South, and Southwest along with California)

Therefore, this labor market is a FALSE MARKET.

Point is-------------->you assertion we are overpayed is ridiculous. If you asserted we are overpayed because the government won't enforce illegal immigration rules, you might have something.

And so, if YOU PERSONALLY are not for giving jobs to ILLEGALS, you do not have a leg to stand on I would say.

mooninite.jpg

People, where the hell did this "two tier" thing even start? Can't anyone read? That is why I hate the newspapers and the radical sites like SOS. One misinforms you unintentionally because they don't know any better- and the other misinforms you intentionally, because they have a personal agenda.

It is a new entry level. I am looking at the Chrysler and GM highlights and these entry level even get the 3%, 3% and 4% percent raises the last three years of the contract. On top of that they get first crack at the higher paying jobs when someone retires, so that higher paying work is not going away.

Capt723, I don't think these people are reading the same highlights and language as you and me. That's why the SOS site is bullshit. They are misleading people as to the actual language, IT IS NOT A TWO TIER, IT IS NO DIFFERENT THAN OUR CURRENT STARTING PAY, JUST A LITTLE LOWER AND THEY STILL HAVE A RIGHT TO GO TO THE HIGHER PAYING JOBS BY SENIORITY.

READ THE LANGUAGE- NOT THE HYPE - IT IS IN BLACK AND WHITE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The SOS website is a bit off center and a bit radical I personally don't care for it but no matter what way you spin it it is TWO TEIR!The higher paid jobs are not automatic and is not garuanteed.

The SOS website is a bit off center and a bit radical I personally don't care for it but no matter what way you spin it it is TWO TEIR!The higher paid jobs are not automatic and is not garuanteed.

Yes and it is not fair. Say, for instance, the company hired 200 non-core employees on the same day. One guy has to leave the queue to take a shit. When he comes back, instead of being number 5, he is number 200. Number 5 gets a core job after 6 years. Number 200 stays non-core for 20 years.

Yes and it is not fair. Say, for instance, the company hired 200 non-core employees on the same day. One guy has to leave the queue to take a shit. When he comes back, instead of being number 5, he is number 200. Number 5 gets a core job after 6 years. Number 200 stays non-core for 20 years.

Your right and IT'S BULLSHIT.

I agree,I don't read SOS or anyother site like that.One thing I can say is entry level is bullshit and that my opinion!

So print that!

Where the hell do these attachments come from,and why can't I delete it?

post-16770-1129382302_thumb.jpg

Edited by hendew_15

I agree,I don't read SOS or anyother site like that.One thing I can say is entry level is bullshit and that my opinion!

So print that!

Where the hell do these attachments come from,and why can't I delete it?

You are a piece of shit....bush-shit.jpg

Maybe when you lose your job you can go live with your parents or in-laws!!