Coolest Ford Badges

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had that sticker on all three of my 5.0 Capris and I also have it on my Mach. Always on the driver's side rear quarter window. Probably my favorite FMC badge/sticker. Never tried to be a poser, just always like the sticker like yourself.

Couple more I like . . .

e_96grl.jpg

detomaso-logo.jpg

The Pantera was an impressive car to say the least. Nice emblem. I, like yourself had a 5.0 Capri (an '85).

I loved that car!!!! At one time when I was in high school had quite a collection of emblems going back to 1958 (when my dad started at Ford). Wish I still had them all.

1976ms-l.gif

242122.jpg

Why does the Maverick logo have Farrah hair?

I always like the '50s variant:

ford_shield.gif

And the lightning bolt/gear from the trucks

Ha! Funny you should have picked up on that. Before I scrolled down to yours, I was thinking like, Joe Namath: GVL146.jpg

The whole thing is so quintessentially 70s!

My own favorite Ford emblem is the V8 one posted by others - which dates back to the 1930s.

Another favorite, for reasons of personal sentiment, is this one: 31447543.untitledfolder2390.jpg

and a great tragedy that it didn't appear in this guise: TorqueOmata3932.jpg

(notice the front fender, just ahead of the door). But the Thunderbird was euthanized - again - and the 49 was miscarried. It's all too depressing.

I have certainly enjoyed the retrospect of classic emblems....

All the variations of the T-bird emblems are cool. The classic Ford crest and various scripts... The Cougar emblems and the Mercury god head... And the late model Explorer's V8 emblem is one of my favorites too.

Lets not forget the Gran Torino Sport emblem

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:roK3kH...rilleemblem.jpg

That emblem sans the "Gran Torino Sport" lettering was also on my 78 LTD II until I shamelessly took it off and placed a blue oval where it had been. I put a blue oval on the decklid too. Yeah I remember it was the fad starting in 1983 to put blue ovals on all your old Fords. 1983 was when Ford started using them on all it's US vehicles execept the Thunderbird which didn't use one until 1989.

I think Ford should put black Ford emblems on black painted limited models (maybe all limited models like Land Rover Supercharged models)

i think it might look cool

I think they should be color keyed all the way! black to black, red to red, blue to blue, ect. ect. The sight that I got these emblems from was shut down for trademark infringement. It 's a damn shame to because I want mine in tungsten silver or white!

• 2 weeks later...