2009 Boss Mustang Prototype Spied?

Blue Oval Guide

Listen noob, I never said I was going anywhere, so can it.
Uhhh, you kinda did, actually.

Ford has once again promised greatness only to cower out at the last second, they can go fuck themselves, I'll go buy something better since the competition tries to actually please the customer.

Frankly your ranting on about the modular engine this and you wish it were that is complaining about a question that's already been answered. You wan't a hi-performance Ford modular engine? Want to pay a premium for it? Fine, go find yourself a Ford GT with a 550 HP 5.4 modular engine in it. This was and still is a fantastic car that effectively buried a lot of the European competition.

You don't like the Ford 4.6? Gee that's funny, Koenigsegg liked it so much they put it in a world class supercar.

The Koenigsegg CCR used a modified, Rotrex supercharged Ford Modular 4-valve DOHC 4.7L V8, which produced 806 hp (601 kW), to achieve a top speed of 241 mph (388 km/h). This certified top speed broke the McLaren F1's long standing world record for fastest production car. The accomplishment was recognized by Guinness World Records in 2005, who gave the Koenigsegg CCR the official title of Worlds Fastest Production Car
Imagine, the worlds fastest production car using essentially a modified version of the 4.6 modular engine. Yep, you're right, it's a shitty motor. lol

So shitty in fact that.

The Modular DOHC was on the Ward's 10 Best Engines list for 1996, while the SOHC was on the list for 2005 and again for 2006.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Modular_engine

Why don't you continue to impress us with rants about how shitty the modular motor is. Go ahead. It's only a record holder. Thanks for playing. Return to your seat now.

Edited by BlackHorse

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blue II, how do we know for sure it's canceled? Do you have some inside info or did Ford make an announcement? Just curious if this is one of those wild rumours. Remember the Bullitt was supposedly going to make 400 HP when in reality it will only be about 312hp.

blue II is an insider.

No, I didn't hear that, but "we" were told that the GT500 would run for 2 years. Maybe they were planning on 'Ol Shel retiring or dying when they announced the 2 year run. At any rate, the GT500 will soon be forgotten after the new Bullitt and Boss are released, right Robert?

My wife & I , just got back from Mid-America Shelby & All ford meet in Tulsa . The Shelby spokes person said that Shelby would be Making 600 & 750 HP KR Shelbys to compete with the new Cramaro's & Cuda's ,coming out in the future! She said Shelby was here to stay. They had the new Shelby GT500KR car there and it was runing 540 HP. We couldn't talk our local Ford Dealer down off there $10,000. above MSRP, for there (Shelby -built to order car) ,so we bought a new Roush 427R Covertible, in Tulsa, with all the options. It was about the same price as the Shelby would have been andthe Roush has 450HP , but I didn't have to kiss anybodys -SS, to get the car!

What does everyone think of a 5.0 GTTDI Hurricane for the Mustang?

Count me in on that. Not a huge fan of forced induction but if it is the new "Hurricane" architecture and Direct injection that can easily be overlooked.

2 questions, are we talking about an Aluminum block or CGI? Also on another thread you stated job1 for the truck 6.2 was april 2009. What would the time frame be on this engine are we talking about 2012 with the all new mustang or sooner?

As always Blue II you have the most interesting posts with inside info. Thanks for posting

Any chance of selling the 2009 Mustang in Europe with a whispering quiet diesel Audi type engine fitted in it. AUTOMOTIVE HEAVEN

post-25314-1182466070_thumb.jpg

http://www.audi.com/audi/com/en2/experienc...di_R10_TDI.html

A quiet Mustang?! A QUIET MUSTANG? THAT'S LIKE CALLING BRITIAN IRELAND.

Seriously, no wonder you people don't have sportscars from Ford anymore... you don't know how to demand...

why does blue get my hopes up

If they do produce a 5.0L BOSS motor like that, it better be filled with high reving fun, Im thinking a 7-7.5k Redline shouldnt be to much of an issue

So it'd be a 5 liter, gasoline-direct-injected twin turbo engine... figure it being light, high-revving, and fuel-efficient if you want it to be.

:hysterical:

This is why I drive a Volvo. Call me dull or whatever you want but the last time I checked the streets are not the place for you to be performance driving. This once again goes back to my comment about Mustang GT drivers never growing up. Municipal streets are not a race track. They are not there for you to get your thrills and start racing everything in sight. There's plenty of ways for you to get some excitement in your life without having to risk the lives of other innocent drivers and passengers on the road. That to me shows an absolute lack of maturity.

Additionally I'm not so sure that it's beyond the pale to compare Mustang and Prius. Some of you guys around here will maintain that the Mustang can't be compared to any other car on the market right now. Unfortunately back in the real world when someone sets out to buy a new sports car you can bet they don't think the Mustang can't be compared to other cars on their list.

I drive a 1999 Ford Mustang GT. It's a 5 speed. To say that Mustang owners never grew up might be true. I'm not sure. It's not true in regards to me though. I'm 20, so, to most of you, I'm not grown up yet ..

Nonetheless, just because I have 260 hp under the hood, it doesn't mean that I think I have a free license to race every idiot that pulls up beside me. Do people sometimes want to race me? Undoubtedly. Do I race anybody? Never. It's not worth the risk. I know the car is fast, I don't need to engage in some dumb race to prove my car is faster than theirs, or even, or slower. In fact, I don't even really care how fast I am compared to others. It makes no difference.

The Mustang isn't about beating other cars to me. I mainly just like the feel of shifting gears, knowing I'm in control, and the fact that I have 260 horses at my disposal if I need them. Last night was one of those times. I had to pass a Saturn on a two lane highway because the driver was most obviously drunk. In my 145 hp 1995 Mercury Sable, which cruises the highway perfectly fine, this pass would have been lethargic and painful. It would have required pre-planning and some nerve. In my Mustang however, I didn't even have to think about it! I just dropped the car out of 5th back into 4th and gave it 3/4 throttle. In about 3 seconds, I was ahead of him and on my way.

Does the Mustang have power? Yes. Does that mean that all Mustang drivers drive like they're on a road course racing Mario Andretti? No.

The Mustang isn't about racing people. If it was, the Mustang wouldn't even be around today. Lord knows the LS1 Camaros and Firebirds have been spanking Mustangs for almost a decade. Even the new 300 hp 4.6L has trouble keeping up. The Mustang, to me, is about a feeling that the driver gets behind the wheel. It's about that sound of that V8. (V6 Mustangs are fine, but I prefer the sound of V8 and that will never change.) It's about being unique and in control. It's about having FUN! The car is FUN! MUSTANG IS ABOUT FUN. You don't have to go fast to have fun. You just have to drive a Mustang. And, that, is why the Mustang is around and the Camaro and Firebird went away. Drag racing is a very limited market and Ford chose to focus on fun and drivability instead of big motors. That's why we see Mustangs around today, yet, we won't see Camaro for a while.

Edited by SVT_MAN

• 4 months later...

Unfortunately this is not the new Mach version. This is a V6 Mustang with a new appearance package that will go in production in December. Would have been nice though...

(Dearborn, MI) StangsUnleashed.com - Captured in Dearborn, this Grabber Orange Mustang prototype has several features that could make it a potential future Mach1 or Boss model.

2009%20Boss%20Mustang%201.jpg

There are several striking features on this Mustang prototype that can be used on either a future Boss or a Mach-1 model.

The first item of interest is the Shelby GT-H style front grille with the Mustang running horse emblem offset to one side. Note that absense of any fog lamps and the use of a standard Mustang V6 front end? This would be consistent with rumors that the next-generation Boss Mustang would continue on the tradition of the 1969 model by not using any parts not essential to performance. Below the grille is a lower front chin spoiler, which harkens back to the 1969 Boss 302 Mustang.

One point of contention on this being a potential Boss Mustang, however, is the appearance of a non-functional hood-scoop. Non-functional hood-scoops were not used on the original 1969-1971 Boss Mustangs. They style of hood-scoop shown were factory on 1969-1970 Mach1 Mustangs and available on other models too. What is interesting about the stripes: If the were extended all the way back toward the cowl, they would closely mimic those originally found on 1970 Mach1 Mustangs.

2009%20Boss%20Mustang%202.jpg

From the rear, you'll notice the Michigan "Manufacturer Plate," which is of small consequence when the flat black, pedestal trunk mounted spolier stands right out. The spoiler, along with the flat black painted taillight panel are certainly Boss 302 trademarks.

You'll also notice that even though this Mustang uses a standard V6 body, it also has two rear exhaust pipes taken directely from the 2007 Shelby GT. The only question that we can't answer is what engine lies under the hood?

Another point of interest is the new Mustang wheels, which we have not yet seen before.

While we can only speculate as to what this new Mustang exactly is, Mustang enthusiasts can rejoice that something new for the Mustang is on the horizon. . .and just in time for the Camaro and Challenger. Let the specualation begin :happy feet:

Unfortunately this is not the new Mach version. This is a V6 Mustang with a new appearance package that will go in production in December. Would have been nice though...

Another point of interest is the new Mustang wheels, which we have not yet seen before.

I see those wheels everyday,they are factory stock on the 2003 and 2004 Mercury Marauder.

Ford can make all the new Boss 302's they want,but if they make a Boss 429 with less than 7 liters I will be dissapointed.

If they do,I'll be first in line.

post-22884-1195234022_thumb.jpg

post-22884-1195234068_thumb.jpg