Tracking Guidelines, FAQs, News and Questions

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Tracking Posters:

It's been a long, hot and busy shutdown here, and I've decided to take a couple of vacation weeks off to take the kids camping and get some golfing in.

Unfortunately, this means that from July 20th to August 4th the tracking system will be down (barring someone picking up the slack). I will attempt to update as well as I can in the next couple of days before I leave.

Please keep in mind that while I may be online here from time to time, or that I may even occasionally post, that I am out of the plant and unable to access the system during this time, so I will not be able to fill requests.

Thanks for your understanding.

VP

• 2 weeks later...
VIN 1FMCU49379KA28414

Cpuld you please provide tracking info on this FEH ?

Hook...please do not screw this up for everyone. Please read the first few posts of this sticky. It points out that you have to create your own thread and not post your query in this thread.

Dear Tracking Posters:

It's been a long, hot and busy shutdown here, and I've decided to take a couple of vacation weeks off to take the kids camping and get some golfing in.

Unfortunately, this means that from July 20th to August 4th the tracking system will be down (barring someone picking up the slack). I will attempt to update as well as I can in the next couple of days before I leave.

Please keep in mind that while I may be online here from time to time, or that I may even occasionally post, that I am out of the plant and unable to access the system during this time, so I will not be able to fill requests.

Thanks for your understanding.

VP

Off subject,

R U a BSG fan Viperpilot?

Airborne

Viper Pilot....

I wanted to thank you for all of the work you have provided in tracking my car.... I picked up my pony last night... :happy feet:

I know that others have said it before, but the service that you provide is amazing... You made the wait bearable!!!!!

Again, thank you for all of your help.

Giddy Up 09 (Gary)

• 5 weeks later...

Can someone help me understand the next two dates:

Sequence Date: The date that MP&L determines which day the order will be built.

When they figure what day that parts can be at the plant to build the vehicle

So at this point they know when the parts can be at the plant to build the vehicle?

The determined date is kept internally and not divulged because of the myriad of things that can alter it?

Blend Date: The date that MP&L determines when the order will be built within the assigned day.

When they figure the specific order that vehicles will be built. This depends on options and line constraints.

At this point they enter it into the build queue but again don't know the exact date when it will actually be built?

I just got my Sequence Date and am trying to quesstimate when I will be seeing the car, it's an Escape Manual.

Thanks

Sequence Date: The date that MP&L determines which day the order will be built.

When they figure what day that parts can be at the plant to build the vehicle

So at this point they know when the parts can be at the plant to build the vehicle?

The determined date is kept internally and not divulged because of the myriad of things that can alter it?

The order's scheduling at this point is in the order processing, which is not at the plant level. Every week a plant has an expected output, but production issues (such as equipment downtime, weather conditions, etc.) can push things back. As well there are other considerations that need to be made. Our suppliers for example. If Company "X" that supplies our NAV units or 20" wheels can only supply 1000 units a week, then there's no point in scheduling 1200 units to be built. So this date is like "well, if things go well, the car SHOULD be built on this day".

Blend Date: The date that MP&L determines when the order will be built within the assigned day.

When they figure the specific order that vehicles will be built. This depends on options and line constraints.

At this point they enter it into the build queue but again don't know the exact date when it will actually be built?

At this point, the "exact date" is set and the pertinent data and build order is sent to the plant for build. Of course, at this time there can still be last minute issues (production issues) that can delay things by a day or two (the snowball effect). And this will of course affect next week's production. But generally speaking, the Blend date is exactly 1 week prior to the production date, and never before.

I just got my Sequence Date and am trying to quesstimate when I will be seeing the car, it's an Escape Manual.

Your best bet is to keep in contact with your dealer -- through the Vehicle Visibility system he can provide you with an ETA which would be likely much more accurate than any guesstimate you can make.

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Posters,

After much deliberation I have decided to resign from providing this service.

If you need information on your order then I suggest keeping in contact with your dealer, he can provide everything you need to know.

It's been a pleasure serving many of you.

Thanks for supporting the Ford Motor Company.