Freestyle 2nd Row Console

mkoss

Looking at getting a Freestyle Limited. It comes standard with the 2nd row floor console. I have 1yr old triplets and a 4yr old and need access to the 3rd row on a regular basis. (3 car seats & 1 booster seat).

Has anyone taken out the 2nd row floor console? The dealer said that it would be no problem. There are only 4 bolts holding it down. That is fine, but is there a cover available that I could get to cover the bolt holes?

If anyone has input....it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Looking at getting a Freestyle Limited. It comes standard with the 2nd row floor console. I have 1yr old triplets and a 4yr old and need access to the 3rd row on a regular basis. (3 car seats & 1 booster seat).

Has anyone taken out the 2nd row floor console? The dealer said that it would be no problem. There are only 4 bolts holding it down. That is fine, but is there a cover available that I could get to cover the bolt holes?

Thanks,

Mike

You should be able to order one without a console because we run them without one! Its just two bucket seats and a third row!

Thanks,

Mike

1 year old triplets! How did you find time to post this?

You should be able to order one without a console because we run them without one! Its just two bucket seats and a third row!

Drove it yesterday and I like it alot. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to wait for an ordered one since my lease is due shortly. I am going with a FWD Black Limited with black leather interior and the 2nd row buckets with console. The dealer is going to remove the console for me. It's only 4 bolts but it will save me the time. I can always re-install it for long trips where I might need it.

CAPlineWORKER, What will be left in the floor when the console is removed? Just the 4 bolt holes?

Keep up the good work building these. I have some pride in them also, I was part of the controls design for the Laser Roof Welder in Station 6X-250.

Thanks.

Drove it yesterday and I like it alot. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to wait for an ordered one since my lease is due shortly. I am going with a FWD Black Limited with black leather interior and the 2nd row buckets with console. The dealer is going to remove the console for me. It's only 4 bolts but it will save me the time. I can always re-install it for long trips where I might need it.

CAPlineWORKER, What will be left in the floor when the console is removed? Just the 4 bolt holes?

Keep up the good work building these. I have some pride in them also, I was part of the controls design for the Laser Roof Welder in Station 6X-250.

Thanks.

Sorry I can't give you a straight answer because I've never seen one MISSING I've just seen the OPTION of one not being there. If I had to GUESS I would say there would probably be four holes in your carpet but I believe they have plastic caps (the same color as your carpet) that cover these. Maybe your salesman can walk over to the parts department, tell them your situation and have them look it up becuase they'll have a complete diagram on the whole thing. If they do have caps then you could put your order in for them as well. I would check it out for you but I am off for another two weeks and you'll probably have your car by then. Well hope this somewhat helps.

Edited by CAPlineWORKER

Sorry I can't give you a straight answer because I've never seen one MISSING I've just seen the OPTION of one not being there. If I had to GUESS I would say there would probably be four holes in your carpet but I believe they have plastic caps (the same color as your carpet) that cover these. Maybe your salesman can walk over to the parts department, tell them your situation and have them look it up becuase they'll have a complete diagram on the whole thing. If they do have caps then you could put your order in for them as well. I would check it out for you but I am off for another two weeks and you'll probably have your car by then. Well hope this somewhat helps.

Thanks for the info. I probably will not get it for another week or so. Can you let me know then?

Thanks.

I also have the 3 passenger 60/40 bench in the middle row. Under the middle of that seat is a plastic cover on the floor. I am assuming that this is where the console would go if I had it. There is a metal bracket there that the plastic cover is screwed to. If your dealer has a Freestyle with the bench second row, flip the "60" portion of it and check it out.