is this the 2009 F150?

igor

Good application of the 3-bar grille and Edge-style headlights. Ford's current design theme appears to work much better on trucks as opposed to cars where they can't be as wild with the proportions. Now I just wish they had gone that route with the Escape and Explorer refreshes.

Unfortunately, I have a funny sinking feeling that Ford's going to go overboard with the grille size on the '09 F-150 instead of going with a sleeker understated look like in this sketch.

Interesting find nonetheless.

Edited by NickF1011

It looks like the current F150 with the Expedition front end and Edge inspired grille. I don't know if the wide bars will work on a full size truck grille. It seems like it would need more space between the bars for cooling. Based on people's comments that went to the "Showroom of the Future", I bet this sketch isn't too far off.

Good application of the 3-bar grille and Edge-style headlights. Ford's current design theme appears to work much better on trucks as opposed to cars where they can't be as wild with the proportions. Now I just wish they had gone that route with the Escape and Explorer refreshes.

Unfortunately, I have a funny sinking feeling that Ford's going to go overboard with the grille size on the '09 F-150 instead of going with a sleeker understated look like in this sketch.

Interesting find nonetheless.

STUPID STUPID STUPID, get away from the Fusion , Edge, 500 grill. Big Big Big mistake in taking the three bar grill and putting it on everything. People want to see different styles, not all the same, makes it hard to differentiate vehicles, gives off the wrong vibe. Looks good on the Fusion, and just barley makes it on the Edge, 500, well thats a different story.It's sad to see this, get tired at looking at it after only a few years. :banghead:

By the way, no rear door on the Reg cab, it will use the super cab front door instead. Both the front doors on the reg and supercrew will use the super cab front door on the 09 So that means all 3 cabs will use the current big door from the super cab front door which means we have a contender to the Dodge Mega Cab. Hope I didn't confuse everyone.

Edited by kalu

STUPID STUPID STUPID, get away from the Fusion , Edge, 500 grill. Big Big Big mistake in taking the three bar grill and putting it on everything. People want to see different styles, not all the same, makes it hard to differentiate vehicles, gives off the wrong vibe. Looks good on the Fusion, and just barley makes it on the Edge, 500, well thats a different story.It's sad to see this, get tired at looking at it after only a few years. :banghead:

Guess you never noticed this:

2007.ford.expedition.20097163-396x249.jpg

I spy a reverse Tri-bar grill treatment on the Expedition.

Ford-F-450_Super_Duty_2008_photo_09.jpg

Yet another example

That is true LOL

The 3-bar grill works best on vehicles that actually have the frontal area to pull it off on. IN the Focus, it wouldn't have worked, not much space from the top of the hood to the bumper. On the 500 it looks squeezed and bastardized and should have been taken into the lower bumper area, so it wouldn't look tacked on as it does. On the Edge it works well too.

This F-150 looks great, but again as mentioned previously, the magazine illustrators are better designers than the actual car companies stylists.

By the way, no rear door on the Reg cab, it will use the super cab front door instead. Both the front doors on the reg and supercrew will use the super cab front door on the 09 So that means all 3 cabs will use the current big door from the super cab front door which means we have a contender to the Dodge Mega Cab. Hope I didn't confuse everyone.

So does that mean we get a 'true' Reg. Cab again?? If so THANK YOU FORD!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant stand the little door :rant:

So does that mean we get a 'true' Reg. Cab again?? If so THANK YOU FORD!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant stand the little door :rant:

YES YES YES, one door. Thank god, I am a chassis door fitter on the F-150 and the regular cab has never fit right since day one, thanks to dsp, I hate that truck......

I found this :

2009f150.jpg

http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/future/ford/09f150.html

is this correct?

this question is mainly aimed at those that saw it at the Showroom of the Future, or those that have worked at the launch preparations.

Others .. do you like it?

Igor

I like the look. Very clean and athletic. It would make a great basis for a new Lightning.

The proportions are almost cartoony in that pic.

The roof is ridiculously low, the wheels are huge, the bumper treatment will not look as good, because it cannot and won't be that close to the headlights, the blue oval will have the retarded looking chrome surround, as seen in the Fusion and 500.

F150.jpg

Probably looks more like a mix of both in real life.

Edited by pcsario

Next time, try using vehicles from the same model year like me. Makes a difference.

i used 1992 for my early 90s and 1998 for my late 1990's search via google. I double checked by memory...I'm sorry if I might be off a year or two but there is no major changes in what I have posted.

Nor due FORD vehicles of today LOOK EXACTLY the same. The share a similar grill treatment (much like the Oval opening in the late 1990 Ford Cars), but they are not interchangeable with one another. Hell the Mustang and T-bird had the same exact/nearly identical headlight assemblies them on them post 1986.

You stated several times that you don't like the Tribar grill on the current Ford products and think its ugly. With your negative thoughts, your automatically grouping cars that have this feature as ugly, instead of juding them on case by case. The best Tri-bar so far is with the Fusion and Edge, and I have to see what the 500 looks like in person and the Focus doesn't fit into this since it only has 2 bars, which is DIFFERENT from all the other cars in the line up.

Edited by silvrsvt