Ford Recalls drop from 6M in 2005 to 1.7M in 2006

Ford, which led the industry with 6 million recalls in 2005, saw recalls drop to 1.7 million in 2006. GM saw similar results, recalling 1.6 million cars and trucks, down from 5 million the year before.

Toyota, which has faced nagging questions about its quality after 2.2 million recalls in 2005, saw improvement in 2006, with 766,000 vehicles recalled

Click here to read the rest of the article.

Just over twice the number of Toyota (to use as a benchmark). Yet, that is better the almost triple the number for 2005. Keep up the good work Ford.

I won't discuss Toyota labeling their recalls as something else that escapes me at present. Nonetheless, it is still a recall. Yet, I applaud the way they treat their customers (around here very decently). Some Ford dealers can and should learn from that.

Huh, I thought the number for Toyota sounded low: From the same article in a different paper:

Under federal rules, recalls tracked by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration involve only safety-related problems. Any other recall made by an automaker -- such as Toyota Motor Co.'s decision last month to call back 220,000 SUVs to fix a faulty "check engine" light -- doesn't count.
Edited by Noah Harbinger