2009 P415 F150

g48150

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

They better come up with something. I remember watching a TV show where an SVT spokesman was talking about the 2003 Lightning and boasting about being the leaders and mentioning, "Where's the competition?" blah blah

Then they got it in a form of a high dollar, high Hp Dodge SRT RAM. And now...

ty20062007tundrashowtruc20112583.jpg

Try Toyotas definition of a sport truck: Supercharged, 580hp, and 6spd. Coming soon.

Edited by JLaudioF150

They better come up with something. I remember watching a TV show where an SVT spokesman was talking about the 2003 Lightning and boasting about being the leaders and mentioning, "Where's the competition?" blah blah

Then they got it in a form of a high dollar, high Hp Dodge SRT RAM. And now...

ty20062007tundrashowtruc20112583.jpg

Try Toyotas definition of a sport truck: Supercharged, 580hp, and 6spd. Coming soon.

What do you base this info on?

Edited by Blueblood

Toyo will have to do a lot better than that if they plan on selling that BIG RED pickup truck

Agreed. Toyota's "legendary" rubber band motors are a big reason Ford can get away with

some of the dumb moves they've pulled recently. That and Nissans aluminum ( in a truck :huh: ??? )

block engine doesn't really hurt Ford much... yet...

But not to worry. insisting on low balling the customer with 3v heads and

coming up with Dodge Ver.2.0 dual plug "hurricane" designs should give

Toyota and Nissan a fighting chance. :missing:

What do you base this info on?

Me, myself, and I.

That's just Toyota's TRD pickup from the SEMA show last year. But, before everyone discredits this thing, it IS from TRD (not some aftermarket team looking to promote their parts, etc.) Second, that engine is found in the Baja racing Tundra. So the parts may/will be available and there is no telling for sure that this Toyota TRD Tundra will NEVER make it. Wanna bet it will?

I would have been thrilled to see an SVT F150 there. So there.

Me, myself, and I.

That's just Toyota's TRD pickup from the SEMA show last year. But, before everyone discredits this thing, it IS from TRD (not some aftermarket team looking to promote their parts, etc.) Second, that engine is found in the Baja racing Tundra. So the parts may/will be available and there is no telling for sure that this Toyota TRD Tundra will NEVER make it. Wanna bet it will?

I would have been thrilled to see an SVT F150 there. So there.

So basically Toyota nor any media outlet ever claimed to be building a "580 horse Tundra", you just pulled it out of your ass. why not say so? Why make it look like you read this somewhere?

SVT is dead until we get some sort of official announcement from FORD saying they are going to be building a bunch of SVT vehicles soon, and hae something to show for it.

From what I know, there's better chance of us getting hit by a 6 mile wide asteroid..

Agreed. Toyota's "legendary" rubber band motors are a big reason Ford can get away with

some of the dumb moves they've pulled recently. That and Nissans aluminum ( in a truck :huh: ??? )

Toyota, Toyota, Toyota............... dammed! this topic is about Toyota or F-150?

Toyota fans go to Toyota web page......

Syseng: Have you heard anymore about the 6.2L boss engine are they going to re-engineer the heads so you can get the plugs out or is it going to be apush rod engine or is it going to happen at all????

Syseng: Have you heard anymore about the 6.2L boss engine are they going to re-engineer the heads so you can get the plugs out or is it going to be apush rod engine or is it going to happen at all????

Only whats been discussed in another thread on BON ( with pictures ). So far, it looks like another OHC ( not OHV ) engine somewhat like the mods, but obviously much improved. There appears to be a DOHC4V head for it, but apparently some goof also designed a 2V head with 2 spark plugs in it. ALL RUMOR of course, althought the thread has some pics.

As to whether anything happens at Ford, I suspect thats purely a $$$ and cents type of question. As in does Ford have the $$$ to do anything? Market wise, they are on the brink. So if they actually can do anything, they probabaly will. Like I said above; with Toyota and Nissan ( along with GMC and DCX ) in that market ( weak hands that they may be ), all the competition needs is for Ford to hand it to them by default.

Hurricane is not close to a Dodge. You should know that.

Hurricane is not close to a Dodge. You should know that.

:hysterical: You'd hope a Hemi and a Hurricane weren't too similar but ... 2valves 2 plugs, different valve train, same crap.

Ford needs to get with the market here. DOHC4V all the way... and one plug please :rolleyes:

:hysterical: You'd hope a Hemi and a Hurricane weren't too similar but ... 2valves 2 plugs, different valve train, same crap.

Ford needs to get with the market here. DOHC4V all the way... and one plug please :rolleyes:

I have a hard time seeing where an overhead cam engine and a pushrod motor can be refered to as "same crap".

Anyway, I would not be surprised to see the Hurricane or Boss or whatever they call it being offered in multiple configurations similar to the current mod V-8s. That way you could have a 2 or 3 valve design for use in trucks and RWD sedans that would offer a high torque output as opposed to high HP, high RPM and at a much lower cost than a 4 valve , dual overhead cam design. Save the high dollar stuff for SVT and/or Shelby. Maybe you make a 5.0L 3V for the Mustang GT , some 4-door RWD sedans and it would also be the base enigine in the trucks. Then you offer a 5.0L 4V for the Boss 302, a 6.2L 3V as the optional truck motor and a 6.2L 4V for the really high HP (Shelby, Navigator, Lightning, etc.) requirements.

I have a hard time seeing where an overhead cam engine and a pushrod motor can be refered to as "same crap".

Save the high dollar stuff for SVT and/or Shelby.

Psst. Look at that red thing at the beginning of this thread. Yeah that thing with the Toyota label on it. Guess what? Yup, DOHC4V standard. See where their low end stuff might beat your high end stuff?

The biggest drawback to Toyota today is the idiots still use a rubber belt :huh: to drive their cams :hysterical: . If and when they smarten up, Ford might just have a rather large marketing problem...

I've been thinking that a hi-po Ford pickup revival might be nice as well. But the upcoming V-12 TDi Q5 got me to thinking, the next Lightning might make more sense with diesel power. A CGI, TDi V-8 between 6-7 liters of displacement making ~500hp and ~700lb ft of torque through a six speed automatic with awd would really make for a truck flagship, and it would bring attention to Ford's diesel truck lineup, which needs to expand considerably. Yeah, it would be pure sensationalism...right now Ford could use a bit of that.

Psst. Look at that red thing at the beginning of this thread. Yeah that thing with the Toyota label on it. Guess what? Yup, DOHC4V standard. See where their low end stuff might beat your high end stuff?

The biggest drawback to Toyota today is the idiots still use a rubber belt :huh: to drive their cams :hysterical: . If and when they smarten up, Ford might just have a rather large marketing problem...

The toyota engine is chain drive not belt..... http://www.autoblog.com/photos/toyota-tundra-crewmax/126288/ Thats why ford need to get the boss 6.2 out ASAP!!

Typical Toyota can do no wrong mentality. Just because Toyota does it that makes it right? Why spend the money on extra valves and cams when they aren't necessary in a truck? Since when is it required or even advisable to have an engine capable of 7000 RPM in a daily driver or work truck? An engine can produce adequate and efficient torque at a usable RPM without resorting to dual cams and 4 valves per cylinder. If you don't want to consider Ford's engine designs then look at the engines GM and Chrysler use in their full size trucks. How many of those use more than two valves per cylinder? The average truck buyer couldn't care less about high performance. They want a truck, not a sports car. :rolleyes:

Typical Toyota can do no wrong mentality. Just because Toyota does it that makes it right? Why spend the money on extra valves and cams when they aren't necessary in a truck? Since when is it required or even advisable to have an engine capable of 7000 RPM in a daily driver or work truck? An engine can produce adequate and efficient torque at a usable RPM without resorting to dual cams and 4 valves per cylinder. If you don't want to consider Ford's engine designs then look at the engines GM and Chrysler use in their full size trucks. How many of those use more than two valves per cylinder? The average truck buyer couldn't care less about high performance. They want a truck, not a sports car. :rolleyes:

Well I guess im not average..........I want performance in my truck! Oh buy the way I work my truck everday.