New Product in Pipeline

kcsuperduty

I just read on Detroit Free Press that Ford is having a "SHOWROOM OF THE FUTURE" at Cobo Arena. It states that 15,000 to 25,000 employee's and retiree's on Nov 27 and 28 get to look at all the vehicles that are in the pipe line that Ford is going to market with. Then Dec 12 the journalists get to take a look, all must sign confidentiality waivers to take no pictures and not to share any info. Where is Cobo Arena and is anyone on this site going?

I just read on Detroit Free Press that Ford is having a "SHOWROOM OF THE FUTURE" at Cobo Arena. It states that 15,000 to 25,000 employee's and retiree's on Nov 27 and 28 get to look at all the vehicles that are in the pipe line that Ford is going to market with. Then Dec 12 the journalists get to take a look, all must sign confidentiality waivers to take no pictures and not to share any info. Where is Cobo Arena and is anyone on this site going?

Why would they share it with journalist if they can not take pictures or speak of the new products? Sounds kind of fishy to me. Cobo center is in downtown Detroit along the lake.

The event is salary employees and retires only......

It is obvious you did not even read it let along call to set up yourself for the show. This is open to employees only. No spouse, friend, relative or etc. Only you and in the package they will have the forms to fill out and parking pass along with the entrance pass. I do know alot of people that plan to go to see what is up. One thing is for sure do not discuss what is said or shown at cobo. It is a 2 hours session so whoever goes you must excercise a tight lip. They are doing this to show you ( the ones that stick with the company) what the product plans are and how they are planning the business.

It is obvious you did not even read it let along call to set up yourself for the show. This is open to employees only. No spouse, friend, relative or etc. Only you and in the package they will have the forms to fill out and parking pass along with the entrance pass. I do know alot of people that plan to go to see what is up. One thing is for sure do not discuss what is said or shown at cobo. It is a 2 hours session so whoever goes you must excercise a tight lip. They are doing this to show you ( the ones that stick with the company) what the product plans are and how they are planning the business.

Tried...the response was salary only.

Why would they share it with journalist if they can not take pictures or speak of the new products? Sounds kind of fishy to me. Cobo center is in downtown Detroit along the lake.

happens all the time. They get to test drive them in advance too!

This is so the journalists will start writing good things about Ford without actually revealling anything to the competition.

:hysterical:

Um, duh! :doh: ACH "people" are Ford employees. :banghead:

I'm sick of people treating us like were lower lifeforms. :rant:

:redcard: Thats because you are. The rest of us are more sophisticated. :shades:

But yeah, Your sooo right. People in assy plants REALLY think we are "ACH"ee's. :slap:

Edited by wildosvt

Going Monday evening.

Going Monday evening.

A good question to ask the team is why in the hell is it taking them so long to bring these programs to market. The D333 Lincoln MKS is a reskin of the 500 and is taking 3 years to bring to market. 2009 is a long ways away to wait to turn a profit...

Edited by manufmanager

A good question to ask the team is why in the hell is it taking them so long to bring these programs to market. The D333 Lincoln MKS is a reskin of the 500 and is taking 3 years to bring to market. 2009 is a long ways away to wait to turn a profit...

I would not call the MKS a reskin of the 500. Just got back from the "showroom of the future" and I have to say my faith has been restored for now. A couple of products were not that impressive (F-150 and escape) but overall the future line up looks strong. And I'm happy to report for those that were wondering, the Lincoln people mover will NOT be a Fairlane with a new grill. In all they had 17 models at the presentation, icluding the new 500(08), fusion(09) and MKZ(09). They even had the transit. Alan and Mark were present as well as a couple of others (design team).

...A couple of products were not that impressive (F-150)...

...They even had the transit...

Agreed, the '09 F150 was underwhelming. I guess this is the point of such an evevnt, though - they'll get a good ammount of feedback from all of us in time to adjust if they see fit.

I wish they showed a better shot of the '10 mustang on the webcast - what they DID show us looked solid, though.

The transit was a surprise guest, and will put the Dodge Sprinter out of business.

Swizco

I would not call the MKS a reskin of the 500. Just got back from the "showroom of the future" and I have to say my faith has been restored for now. A couple of products were not that impressive (F-150 and escape) but overall the future line up looks strong. And I'm happy to report for those that were wondering, the Lincoln people mover will NOT be a Fairlane with a new grill. In all they had 17 models at the presentation, icluding the new 500(08), fusion(09) and MKZ(09). They even had the transit. Alan and Mark were present as well as a couple of others (design team).

Any new large cars crown vics etc? haha I doubt it....

Are these just wet dreams like the 49 ford model they showed or something they are actually going to produce?? They cant even get the Edge in production !!

We know the Escape is a dud, but the 09 F-150 too? They can't afford that kind of mistake, in what way was it underwhelming? Just styling? Or something else?

No Aussie falcon? Is Ford becoming a strictly FWD car company other than te Mustang? :sos:

We know the Escape is a dud, but the 09 F-150 too? They can't afford that kind of mistake, in what way was it underwhelming? Just styling? Or something else?

No Aussie falcon? Is Ford becoming a strictly FWD car company other than te Mustang? :sos:

Didn't we just hear the Fields sent the F150 team back to the drawing board to make more radical changes? If so then they haven't had time to change anything. That was just a few weeks ago.

Didn't we just hear the Fields sent the F150 team back to the drawing board to make more radical changes? If so then they haven't had time to change anything. That was just a few weeks ago.

I thought that was almost a year ago? I would think if they showed one at this event it would be the production model..