But the last thing the Boss ("Hurricane" was dropped after Katrina) should be is taller than the Mod....

If it is, Sizzler is gonna be soooo mad.....

I stand corected

A Boss mule then. :P

If Ford wants to seriously challenge the Hemi Charger that is what it is going to take.

The SC 5.4 would just be way to costly and the SC would turn off a lot PD's over concern's with reliabilty unfounded or not they would shy away from it.

A boss Mule seems like the most likly explination.

So my Vote goes for a boss mule.

Matthew

Edited by matthewq4b

I remember someone posting saying the 3V 4.6L won't clear in the CV (although I don't see why it wouldn't...) Is this possibly just a 3V 4.6L prototype?

Yea, that looks more like a "bulge" for clearance, than a functioning hood scoop.

I remember someone posting saying the 3V 4.6L won't clear in the CV (although I don't see why it wouldn't...) Is this possibly just a 3V 4.6L prototype?

Scott

Could be not sure if anyone remembers this but I posted here that I saw a 3v 4.6L engine sitting on a crate near our general stores about 2 months ago...not sure what it was there for ...

We do know that Ford is planning on a 4.6L 4V for the Bullitt Mustang. Article Link

Perhaps, but if a 4.6-4V can sit in a Marauder without the theatrics, why wouldn't it fit in a CVPI?

But the last thing the Boss ("Hurricane" was dropped after Katrina) should be is taller than the Mod....

A "Hurricane" would be taller than a 4.6. But not quite as tall as a 5.4L ( assuming "Hurricane" is a 100X100mm cylinder geometry ) That could certainly be a 5.4-4V under there. More than enought to flatten a hemi, as well as the tranny ( unless they put in the ZF6HP26 from the navigator ).

BTW, anybody notice how many interested readers on this subject? Not bad for a "has been" platform eh? ;)

Edited by SysEng

Could be not sure if anyone remembers this but I posted here that I saw a 3v 4.6L engine sitting on a crate near our general stores about 2 months ago...not sure what it was there for ...

Months ago one of the Tool and Die folk in the Blue Buck was tasked to see if that engine WOULD fit into our

vehicle without modification.

My guess is that the Engine WAS to be test-Fit into one of our PI's after our Tool and Die brother made his determination

Wether or not it fit? I am not privy to such information (one of our PVT Engineer's told me that the 3V was being shelved so one of the reasons could have been that it didn't fit, only speculation but I figure if it doesn't fit Ford didn't want to invest more $$ in the Sheet metal)

If it is indeed the new Boss engine or at the very least the 4.6 3V V8, Ford better damn well sell it to civilians as well as police.

Can someone tell me the big differance with the 3v 4.6 and the engine thats in the crown vics now the 4.6l 2v?

is there a spec sheet anywhere on the net where you can see the differences in performance etc? for all FORD engines?

that would be cool if there is ...

thanks

Wether or not it fit? I am not privy to such information (one of our PVT Engineer's told me that the 3V was being shelved ...)

There are a few reasons why the 3V might get shelved. One of them is that a 4V with VCT/VVT is more likely to meet future emmissions and economy standards. Just a thought ;) ...

If it is indeed the new Boss engine or at the very least the 4.6 3V V8, Ford better damn well sell it to civilians as well as police.

Well now theres a poster we haven't heard from in quite a while :rockon: ... So how ya been Metro???

There are a few reasons why the 3V might get shelved. One of them is that a 4V with VCT/VVT is more likely to meet future emmissions and economy standards. Just a thought ;) ...

Well now theres a poster we haven't heard from in quite a while :rockon: ... So how ya been Metro???

If they won't put in the 3v, I kind of doubt a new 4v with VVT will be put in it. It would be nice but i don't think it will happen. Oh yeah, if you want to see more of Metro just join crownvic.net. You can see him bitch 24/7 about if he should buy a Focus ST or Mustang GT and "Hemi this" and "Hemi that". Metro, if you are out there, please do not buy a Mustang! lol!

If they won't put in the 3v, I kind of doubt a new 4v with VVT will be put in it.

Actually, it might be possible to get the full effect of VCT just by using a VVT. And VVT is simply a change in cam profiles on a DOHC head. No other change might be required. If so, the existing DOHC head would be a cheaper way to meet future emmissions that the 3V which needs the VCT.

Yeah, I know Metro is over at CVN. He used to post here years ago.