2006 Ford Taurus

morganhunt

Hello!

This is my first post to these forums. I have been lurking for some time enjoying the news that is available here. I am a long time Ford owner and appreciate the resources available here.

Now to my question. I have just purchased a 2006 Taurus. I have driven quite a few of the 04 and 05 Tauruses as rentals and was always very pleased with them. I did my research before buying this one and know that the 06 has been relegated to fleet status. The car I purchased was a rental car with 6000 miles on it. I went to Ford's fleet web page and saw on the site that a couple of the fleet only options that were available for the Taurus was to enable the daytime running lights and to disable the factory installed remote keyless entry system. These had both been done to the car. When I bought the car, the dealer had installed an aftermarket alarm system from KARR Security Systems with the same functionality as the Ford factory alarm/remote keyless entry system. I am a real nut about using only factory installed options and I would really like to get the factory remote keyless entry system working again and then purchase the Ford factory security system.

Does anyone know where I can find documentation on how/where the factory remote keyless entry system was installed? Was the fleet option only a disabling of the system or was it a full removal? If anyone knows the answers to these or where I can go to get answers, it would be greatly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

The daylight headlights and the keyless remote are controlled by the Smart junction box ( the fuse box under the dash) the only way to get those options is to change the wiring harnesses (front end wire And the floor wire) and the lockset in the car. look on the drivers door between the hinges, look for a white sticker with a number and a letter, if it is 1A, it will not have either option. Let me if this helps.

Edited by NOB

I will check that, thank you. As an update, I was able to program two new Ford factory fobs using the instructions in the owner's manual so it appears that the factory remote keyless entry system is working. I just disarmed the after market alarm system with its fob and began using the factory fobs. They are much more responsive than the alarm system fobs. With the alarm system fob, I have to hold the trunk button for 4 seconds before the trunk will open and it doesn't work every time. The unlock button doesn't unlock the doors everytime, sometimes I have to press lock and unlock again to get the doors to unlock. With the factory fobs using the remote keyless entry, door locking/unlocking and the trunk button respond immediately every time. I found a Ford factory alarm system on EBay that is desgined to be added to the factory remote keyless entry so I am going to have my dealer remove the after market alarm system and install the factory on in its place.

• 2 years later...

Hey, if either of you (NOB or Morgan_PHX) are still on this board, I'm having a problem getting my 2006 Ford Taurus into programming mode. I'm wondering if the remote keyless entry was deleted with that fleet option. I checked the sticker by the door and it says "1A". Does that mean that there is NO keyless remote capability in the car and it can't be reactivated? Thanks for your help.

• 5 years later...

ok so here is my question, when i cycle my ignition 8 times nothing happens which leads me to believe mine was a fleet delete. Is there a way if it is a fleet delete to undelete it? I just bought a remote not knowing that they would have deleted it and I cant return it. I am really hoping there is a way to reactivate the keyless entry. Please let me know.