PAG Introduces New Engine

If I read that properly it gets you ~230hp and ~230lb/ft torque @ 34 mpg in mixed driving???

Good economy, but those power numbers don't seem very impressive if they are going to be putting this engine in cars the size of the S80. Where's the turbo version? :happy feet:

Good economy, but those power numbers don't seem very impressive if they are going to be putting this engine in cars the size of the S80. Where's the turbo version? :happy feet:

SI6 specifications:

Engine type: 6-cylinder in-line engine, petrol, normally aspirated

Engine location, drive: Transverse, front-wheel drive

Cylinder displacement: 3,192 cc

Cylinder bore x stroke: 84 mm x 96 mm

Engine block, material: Aluminium

Cylinder head, material: Aluminium

Number of valves per cylinder: 4

Number of camshafts: 2

Maximum power output: 175 kW (238 PS) at 6,300 rpm

Maximum torque: 320 Nm at 3,500 rpm

Fuel injection: Port Fuel Injection (PFI)

Fuel consumption (preliminary): 28.5mpg (mixed driving cycle)

Emissions levels: ULEV II, Euro 5

Weight: 180 kg

230HP from 3.2L isn't too bad for a naturally aspirated, non hi-po engine. To me, that shows that it should have some real potential. This would make a great base engine in the Five Hundred, Montego, Freestyle as well as the upcoming "People Movers" and maybe even the Mustang. I wonder what the displacement potential is? Imagine one of these engines punched out and turbocharged in a a shortened (& lightened) 2 seat Mustang or RX-8 chassis. That would be a fun car to drive!

230HP from 3.2L isn't too bad for a naturally aspirated, non hi-po engine. To me, that shows that it should have some real potential. This would make a great base engine in the Five Hundred, Montego, Freestyle as well as the upcoming "People Movers" and maybe even the Mustang. I wonder what the displacement potential is? Imagine one of these engines punched out and turbocharged in a a shortened (& lightened) 2 seat Mustang or RX-8 chassis. That would be a fun car to drive!

It's not bad power output, but it does seem to be behind most of the competition. Acura has a 3.2 getting 270hp, and all the other makes have the 3.5's getting at least 250hp. If it does get 34mpg highway then that's definitely something to cheer about, but the power numbers will lose on paper to the competition.