Job #3 changes

mettech

Here are the Job #3 changes for 2010 Fusion. Sorry, no build dates yet.

Red Candy replaces Sangria Red

Microphone for SYNC moved from interior rearview mirror to headliner (not sure of specific location, I'm assuming closer to the driver)

17-inch painted aluminum wheel available for SE Fleet models

Source is Ordering Guide dated October 1, 2009.

I think it is the same as offered on the Taurus and Mustang.

Thanks for the info mettech. Does the updated order guide indicate paint code 'U6' for the Red Candy color? If so, it's indeed the same as the metallic red on the 2010 Taurus and Mustang. The Edge, MKX, MKS, and Flex have all switched to U6 for the 2010 MY as well, from either Redfire (G2) or Sangria Red (JV) offered in previous years. Also, 'Razor Red' on the 2009/2010 F-150 uses the same paint code (U6).

Red Candy employs a tinted clearcoat (meaning a small amount of red pigment is dispersed within the clearcoat mix); it looks really sharp in sunlight.

Here's a Red Candy 2010 Taurus:

taurus_candyred.jpg

Edited by aneekr

Thanks for the info mettech. Does the updated order guide indicate paint code 'U6' for the Red Candy color? If so, it's indeed the same as the metallic red on the 2010 Taurus and Mustang. The Edge, MKX, MKS, and Flex have all switched to U6 for the 2010 MY as well, from either Redfire (G2) or Sangria Red (JV) offered in previous years. Also, 'Razor Red' on the 2009/2010 F-150 uses the same paint code (U6).

Red Candy employs a tinted clearcoat (meaning a small amount of red pigment is dispersed within the clearcoat mix); it looks really sharp in sunlight.

Here's a Red Candy 2010 Taurus:

taurus_candyred.jpg

That is one of the best looking cars on the market today.!!

Mettech,

Thanks for the update. Been slow on the Fusion forum lately. Glad to see they changed the color red. Hopefully the new red is brighter and more sporty then the old. When you find out when the change will be put into production, please post the info.

Probably implementing the aggressive fuel shutoff...

The 3.0 was already supposed to have the aggressive fuel shutoff since the 2010 was introduced. Maybe they did some other programming magic.

• 1 month later...
Any updates regarding a start date for Job #3 Production? October 19, 2009 was the cutoff date for orders specifying Sangria Red (JV), so I'm guessing Job #3 commences in late December 2009.

member 'scottmadwi' @ FmcNews forum ordered a Red Candy Tint MKZ a few weeks ago with an expected build date for next week (week of Dec. 7)

the updated OrderGuide can be downloaded over there too if you're a member

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen job 3 Fusions on a dealer lot. (At least they had the Sync microphone on the headliner and not the rear view mirror.) They were sitting in the area on the lot where newly delivered vehicles sit until they get moved.

Any updates regarding a start date for Job #3 Production? October 19, 2009 was the cutoff date for orders specifying Sangria Red (JV), so I'm guessing Job #3 commences in late December 2009.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some pics of the Job 3 changes...

Red Candy Tinted Metallic:

fusion_redcandy.jpg

fusion_redcandy2.jpg

New location for SYNC microphone (headliner, forward of driver's side sunvisor):

sync_mic.jpg

17" painted alloy wheel, SE fleet only option (same design as SEL, but with bright silver painted finish, rather than machined):

fusion_se_wheel.jpg

Pull strap on the inside trunk lid (thanks for the heads up smsfordman):

trunk_handle.jpg

Here are some pics of the Job 3 changes...

[...]

Pull strap on the inside trunk lid (thanks for the heads up smsfordman):

trunk_handle.jpg

My Job1 hybrid has a pull strap in the trunk at the same location, and I can't visually tell a difference. (And isn't a pull strap a federal safety requirement?)

My Job1 hybrid has a pull strap in the trunk at the same location, and I can't visually tell a difference. (And isn't a pull strap a federal safety requirement?)

aneekr is referring to the leather-like strap to the left of the latch point used to help pull the lid closed. I think what you are referring to is the glow-in-the-dark safety latch release cable T-handle to the right of the latch point.

aneekr is referring to the leather-like strap to the left of the latch point used to help pull the lid closed. I think what you are referring to is the glow-in-the-dark safety latch release cable T-handle to the right of the latch point.

Ah, got it. Thanks. Makes me wonder: can it be added on aftermarket?

Edited by nelsonlu

I dont think Job 1 can add the trunk strap as there is no attachment holes in the trunk lid. Different sheet metal design. Job 2 may be able to add this strap but you will need a new trim cover and the strap and bolts to attach. Just check under trim cover to see if you have the attachment holes less the speed nuts or just a big opening in the sheet metal which would not be compatible with the strap installation. Fusions and MKZ use same parts.