2010 Fusion Monochrome Package?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know when the monochrome appearance package will be available on the Fusion? Nice pic on Edmunds of it.

LINK

WOW, that is one sweet looking Fusion! The article states that the Sport Appearance package will be available on SE and SEL models in mid-2010.

Ford%202010%20WT3%201.jpg

Edited by aneekr

I saw this a few days ago on my local news when they were reporting from this event. It was driving in the background when they were talking to Mullaly about the new Taurus. Very nice! My Dad bought a 2009 SE and it was the Sport appearance package that sold him on the car. He would take this in a heart beat because he doesn't like chrome ;). I was surprised when I didn't see the sport appearance package on the 2010 model, so this is a relief. The updated 19" rims look much better with this design as well.

Edited by BORG

Looks good, not sure if I'd get it, but it looks good. That said, I kinda have to question why they didn't go ahead and paint the chrome on the lower grilles/foglamp bezels? The chrome down there almost seems a bit out of place. It may look different/ok/better in person, though. I like the wheels too.

ill be in the minority here but i dont like it. It makes the grille look HUGE. Id have much preferred like a smoked chrome or something but it isnt working for me. Maybe in black or silver, but well.. thats about it.

Looking at it more, I'm leaning more toward the "don't like it" side than I was earlier. I can understand why some would want this option, but I had no problem with the chrome grille to begin with. It's a good, simple way for Ford to appeal to more buyers, though.

Looking at it more, I'm leaning more toward the "don't like it" side than I was earlier. I can understand why some would want this option, but I had no problem with the chrome grille to begin with. It's a good, simple way for Ford to appeal to more buyers, though.

same here, its just wierd looking. maybe the red is what causes that. i would much prefer an aftermarket mesh grill in black or maybe body color.

fuz.jpg

same here, its just wierd looking. maybe the red is what causes that. i would much prefer an aftermarket mesh grill in black or maybe body color.

fuz.jpg

Could be the color....

Well, personally, I hate the grille in the picture you posted.

Now, I think the mesh grille on the 2010 looks good.....I don't care for a mesh grille on the 2006-2009 versions and I believe it is because in those versions, the mesh is just "there"...on the 2010, it has chrome surrounding it. I would like to see it with a slight "frenched in" look to it....

post-25287-1248529203_thumb.jpg

Looks nice in Silver....the lower corners of the main grille are blended (i.e. curved) better into the facia...and the lower mesh needs to be there too...

Edited by twintornados

I gotta say.....I really like the look of this grille....one of the reasons that I would swing to a Mercury for 2010 is due to the grille on the 2010 Fusion looking cartoon-ish compared to the 2006-2009 version....but the mesh grille makes the case for a more upscale look at a reasonable price.

i wonder if they will offer a smoked chrome version.

x2

Anyways, I'll wait till I see it in person before I judge it. I wasn't a fan of the rear of the Fusion till I saw it in person...its actually pretty attractive in person, the the 2d nature of it takes out the lines that run in between the tail lights and rear plate area, and the grid pattern in the lights themselves looks nice also. The more I see the Fusion in person, the more I like the overall detail to it, much like the 2010 Mustang...the 05-09 are almost plain jane looking in comparison

I just found some interesting info posted by XCR440SP at gminsidenews.com.

Monochrome Appearance Package

Package available in: Tuxedo Black, Sport Blue Metallic,

Sterling Grey Metallic, Sangria Red Metallic exterior colors

with Charcoal Black interior only (SE and SEL)

Body Colored Grille

18" machined-aluminum wheels with painted pockets

P225/45R18 V-rated performance tires

Sport-tuned suspension

Rear spoiler

Unique finish on IP Spears and Center Stack

He also said, "For those like myself that prefer the Chrome, the "Appearance package" (option code 14C) is also availalble and is the same thing except for the grill is Chrome."

I think the monochrome package would look fantastic in Sterling Gray, especially with those wheels. In fact, if I didn't buy the Sport model in black, I would get an SEL with the Monochrome package in Sterling Grey.

Edited by BORG

Rock chips against the chrome make dull gray pock marks which don't show as bad against a chrome background.

That's not really what I asked you and actually it was a rhetorical question anyway. You said:

THe painted grill is going to look horrible with a little sand blasting.

I was commenting why there would be a difference in the wear and tear on the painted grill vs. the painted fascia.

I think the monochrome package would look fantastic in Sterling Gray, especially with those wheels. In fact, if I didn't buy the Sport model in black, I would get an SEL with the Monochrome package in Sterling Grey.

I see a Pre-2010 tungsten Fusion in my area all the time that has the sport appearance package on it, I can't even tell the grill is a different color on it...looks sharp

That's not really what I asked you and actually it was a rhetorical question anyway. You said:

I was commenting why there would be a difference in the wear and tear on the painted grill vs. the painted fascia.

There wouldn't be a difference. It would just be more noticeable rock chips. Obviously the fascia and the grill are going to chip at the same rate as they are occupying the same space. With the whole thing painted, especially in dark colors there is going to be a lot of primer peeking through. Silver would look alright.

x2

Anyways, I'll wait till I see it in person before I judge it. I wasn't a fan of the rear of the Fusion till I saw it in person...its actually pretty attractive in person, the the 2d nature of it takes out the lines that run in between the tail lights and rear plate area, and the grid pattern in the lights themselves looks nice also. The more I see the Fusion in person, the more I like the overall detail to it, much like the 2010 Mustang...the 05-09 are almost plain jane looking in comparison

I feel the same way with the '05-'09 Mustang looking plain now.