2007 Vehicle Order Tracking

Welcome!

We are starting a new order tracking thread because the last thread has just about reached critical mass, and with the 2007 orders just starting to hit the system, it was an opportune time. Below is a kind of FAQ to Order Tracking. Feel free to ask questions, we will add to this and update it as we go along.

What do you need to track my order?

You need to post your Vehicle Indentification Number (VIN) - Ask your dealer for this 17 digit number

-OR-

On your order form you will find the following information:

1. Your Dealer Code: (the Dealer Number) Use 5 digits, drop the letter.

2. Model Year: (Year of your car, eg 2007).

3. Your Body Type: (T80 for V6 Mustang, T82 for V8 Mustang).

4. Your Order Number: Given to you by the dealer, should be on the order sheet.

Can I track my own order?

Short answer? Sure! As above, you will need a Vehicle Indentification Number (VIN) - Ask your dealer for this 17 digit number

-OR-

On your order form you will find the following information:

1. Your Dealer Code: (the Dealer Number) Use 5 digits, drop the letter.

2. Model Year: (Year of your car, eg 2007).

3. Your Body Type: (T80 for V6 Mustang, T82 for V8 Mustang).

4. Your Order Number: Given to you by the dealer, should be on the order sheet.

-THEN-

Once you know all that, give the Vehicle Order Processing Center (VOPC) a ring at this number 1-800-962-3746. This is the VOPC number and it's for Dealers only. Remember, you work for the Dealer... They may ask you for your name, so have your salespersons name handy!

Some things learned from calling ERL so many times...

- When ERL says your vehicle has been scheduled for production the week of '../../..'

It's always a Monday. Just basically giving that particular week a name. Don't get hung up on strange

date orders. You'll probably hear something like as of 12/21 your unit is scheduled for production on

12/19. Just be happy your car's birthday is near.

- When ERL says your vehicle is "locked in for production on '../../..'" that is your tentative production

date. Your Blend Date is a week before that (you can get your sticker then). (You've probably been

blended at least sequenced, I can't remember.)

What are all the different Production Stages, and what do they mean?

Receipt Date: The date that MS&S recorded the order.

When the order is received from the dealers

Serialize Date: The date that MS&S transfers the order to MP&L and the VIN is created.

When the order is received by Material Planning and parts are ordered

Segment Date: The date that MP&L determines which week the order will be built.

When they figure what week that parts will be able to be delivered to the plant to build the vehicle

Sequence Date: The date that MP&L determines which day the order will be built.

When they figure what day that parts can be at the plant to build the vehicle

Blend Date: The date that MP&L determines when the order will be built within the assigned day.

When they figure the specific order that vehicles will be built. This depends on options and line constraints.

Produced Date: The date that VO finished assembling the vehicle

Your unit has been built!

Gate Release Date: The date that VO transfers the vehicle to Transportation Carriers for shipping

Your unit has left the building, and is in the hands of the shipper (rail or truck)

Ship Date: The date the vehicle left the Assembly Plant

Your unit has left the load site, and is on it's way to the dealer

Arrival Date: The date the Dealership received the vehicle

Your dealer has the unit in hand, doing the dealer prep thingy

Sold Date: The date the Customer picked up the vehicle

You came in, looked it over, said, "I'll take it!" and signed the papers

My vehicle has shipped, now what can I do?

Once your vehicle gets to Ship Date you can call VOPC (1-800-962-3746) to get a Railcar Number (The bottom of your window sticker says "Method of Transp," convoy mean railcar). You must speak to an Analyst to get the railcar number. They may ask you for the following information:

1. Your Dealer Code: Found on your order sheet

2. Your Name: Use your salespersons First and Last name

3. VIN or Order #: (I chose VIN so I don't know what they ask for with the order #)

For VIN: They ask for the first 2 digits (Mustangs are 1Z) and the last 8.

-THEN-

With a Railcar#, we can track your vehicle through several rail systems to let you know when to clean the garage. It is also helpful if you think your dealer may sell your vehicle out from under you, as we have all witnessed here. Information just seems to help keep them honest...

Other Frequently Asked Question

Q: I heard I can get a .PDF of my Window Sticker, when and how?

A: Usually a day after Blend Date has been reached the Window Stickers are available. Just post your request, and if it's in the system, we'll post it for you.

Q: What does CONVOY mean on the Window Sticker under Shipping?

A: Shipped via train, on a railcar

Q: Why do some window stickers have someone's name on it?

A: A/X/Z/D 'plan' ordered cars get names on the stickers if 'Plan' ordered from the beginning. You'll see

names like 'X00name00X'

Q: How long will it take from start to finish or from one production stage to the next?

A: They vary! Receipt to Serialize depends on allocation/priority. Serialize to Segment is typically the same day. Blend Date to Produced Date typically takes a week. Typically, Production to Gate Release is the same or one day apart. Gate Release and Ship are usually the same day. Production from start to finish is usually within 24 hours.

Q: What the heck is an ERL?

A: Evil Robot Lady. The voice on the VOPC auto system.

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome!

We are starting a new order tracking thread because the last thread has just about reached critical mass, and with the 2007 orders just starting to hit the system,

<snip..>

Kzinti,

Wow, welcome to our new home. Thanks for cleaning out the stable and getting us ready for a whole new round of ponys. Let me be the first in our new forum to thank Kzinti for all the services that he provides...It makes the waiting more bearable having some knowledge of the method to the madness..

:bowdown:

Flash

Hi Mr. K.

I'm only too happy to take advantage of this great resource you provide!

Please let me know what you can find out about my '07 Redfire GT, 1ZVFT82H475200747, ordered on April 10th.

Thanks to the max!

Richard

QUOTE(Kzinti @ May 2 2006, 08:27 AM)

Bob99b5 - VOPC said that it was CA!

1ZVHT85H875200464

Receipt Date: 4/1/2006

Serialize Date: 4/21/2006

Segment Date:

Sequence Date:

Blend Date:

Produced Date:

Gate Release Date:

Ship Date:

Arrival Date:

Sold Date:

Kzinti,

Any news if VOPC is saying that the CA top was correctly ordered on mine as was done with Bob99b5?

Thanks much!!!

Steevr

1ZVHT85H175196113

P.S. This message was originally posted in the 2006 order status section. Thanks.

OK, K-meister... I realize this is a little early, but I'll get my feet wet so when June 5th rolls around, I'll know all the ends and outs of your sick, twisted, little thread!

Grabber Orange GT: 1ZVFT82H275196018

Your efforts are much appreciated. I promise not to ask for more updates until Job1 arrives. No, really!

Stan

REALLY!

07Redfire - Your pony is lining up in scheduling right now!

1ZVFT82H475200747

Receipt Date: 4/10/2006

Segment Date: 4/28/2006

Sequence Date:

Blend Date:

Produced Date:

Gate Release Date:

Ship Date:

Arrival Date:

Sold Date:

steevr - Replied up in the 2006. Couldn't find a response from VOPC, so I resent it special delivery overnight email. Should have an answer in the morning!

1ZVHT85H175196113

pitpup - Your pony is lining up in scheduling right now!

1ZVFT82H275196018

Receipt Date: 3/27/2006

Serialize Date: 4/13/2006

Sequence Date:

Blend Date:

Produced Date:

Gate Release Date:

Ship Date:

Arrival Date:

Sold Date:

Mr. K, can you tell yet if the 64W polished bullits made it to my order? Thanks very much for the personal service here - it's extraordinary and very much appreciated. And just to give you a chuckle - did you know this will be my fourth new V-8 Mustang in a row? My beautiful wife tried to convince me to buy a BMW 3 series or Porsche Boxster instead, but I said "No thanks". When my boss heard that, his reply was: "Will you divorce that girl so I can marry her?!"

1ZVHT85H875200464

Hey Kzinti, I am jumping over to this forum since I am a 2007 order. Thanks for checking on the order yesterday. I hope they don't push back production. Please let me know if you hear anything else. Thanks again.

VIN# 1ZVFT82H975195996

Mr. K,

My dealer says he submited this order. The automatic phone line can't find it. Does it take a bit to cycle into the system. I thought maybe you could help. Here's the info:

Dealer Code - F11206

Body Type - T85

Order Code 0504

Is there a way you can find this? I appreciate it. :runaway:

Mr. K,

My dealer says he submited this order. The automatic phone line can't find it. Does it take a bit to cycle into the system. I thought maybe you could help. Here's the info:

Dealer Code - F11206

Body Type - T85

Order Code 0504

It's a 2007 GT/CS. Thanks.

Mr. K,

Dealer Code - F11206

Body Type - T85

Order Code 0504

It's a 2007 GT/CS. Thanks.

I've called the ERL a lot of times, so I know my way around that (ahem) lady. Given that information, the order cannot be found. :angry:

I've called the ERL a lot of times, so I know my way around that (ahem) lady. Given that information, the order cannot be found. :angry:

That's what I figured. Is there a reason why it might not be in the system? Thanks.

ipchay61 - VOPC said that there were some scheduling problems, but should be resolved soon. Their order bank over ran their production days...

1ZVHT82H875200887

Receipt Date: 4/3/2006

Segment Date:

Sequence Date:

Blend Date:

Produced Date:

Gate Release Date:

Ship Date:

Arrival Date:

Sold Date:

Kzinti,

Thanks for getting this info for me. I assume this means they scheduled more cars to be built than they are capable of building. Just curious as to how long it generally takes to get this resolved? Thanks!

Chip in SC

That's what I figured. Is there a reason why it might not be in the system? Thanks.

I just got off the phone with my dealer and he swears the order is in. Mr. K, is there any way for you to see this? Is it too early for the system to see the order? It was submitted on 5/2. Thanks.

Mr. K, can you tell yet if the 64W polished bullits made it to my order? Thanks very much for the personal service here - it's extraordinary and very much appreciated. And just to give you a chuckle - did you know this will be my fourth new V-8 Mustang in a row? My beautiful wife tried to convince me to buy a BMW 3 series or Porsche Boxster instead, but I said "No thanks". When my boss heard that, his reply was: "Will you divorce that girl so I can marry her?!"

1ZVHT85H875200464

My post yesterday died somewhere. Whole site is off...

Anyways, my check on the build report sheet that is in my system says painted 17 inch wheels. Better call your dealer.

Kzinti,

Thanks for getting this info for me. I assume this means they scheduled more cars to be built than they are capable of building. Just curious as to how long it generally takes to get this resolved? Thanks!

Chip in SC

Should be resolved fairly quickly, but until they do make that decision, I think most of the 2007 models will be on temporary hold.

I just got off the phone with my dealer and he swears the order is in. Mr. K, is there any way for you to see this? Is it too early for the system to see the order? It was submitted on 5/2. Thanks.

I've got a top person at VOPC working on it. Barring that, perhaps a call from me to the dealership about it might spark some interest if they haven't finished the 'paperwork' yet... Or, it may just simply be on hold with everything else until they figure out what to do with all the orphaned 2006 orders floating around. Either way, should have an answer soon.

pitpup - Your pony is lining up in scheduling right now!

1ZVFT82H275196018

Receipt Date: 3/27/2006

Serialize Date: 4/13/2006

Sequence Date:

Blend Date:

Produced Date:

Gate Release Date:

Ship Date:

Arrival Date:

Sold Date:

Thank you. So if I'm reading your legend correctly, the Sequence Date is the date the car is scheduled to be assembled. So... if I were to ask you to check again on say, Thursday, June 1st... and you replied back on Friday, June 2nd and reported a 'sequence date' of 6/8/2006, this would mean my car is SCHEDULED to be assembled ON that Thursday. The 'blend date' doesn't really mean a whole lot as this pertains to what time of day (am/pm) the car will be built.

This IS pretty cool. I've never ordered a car before so this is doggone neat. I'll be a pesterin' ya come June 1st. Thanks again, K-meister!

Stan

steevr - Replied up in the 2006. Couldn't find a response from VOPC, so I resent it special delivery overnight email. Should have an answer in the morning!

1ZVHT85H175196113

Kzinti,

Anything come back from the VOPC today saying that I correctly have the CA cloth top?

Thanks much.

My post yesterday died somewhere. Whole site is off...

Anyways, my check on the build report sheet that is in my system says painted 17 inch wheels. Better call your dealer.

Should be resolved fairly quickly, but until they do make that decision, I think most of the 2007 models will be on temporary hold.

I've got a top person at VOPC working on it. Barring that, perhaps a call from me to the dealership about it might spark some interest if they haven't finished the 'paperwork' yet... Or, it may just simply be on hold with everything else until they figure out what to do with all the orphaned 2006 orders floating around. Either way, should have an answer soon.

Don't worry about it. I went to another dealer today. Apparently, the order priority code 40 was something like an inventory replenishment code which would receive low priority. I've placed about 15 calls this week with the dealership trying to get confirmation that this order was in and they never bothered to return my calls. I'm finished with them.

I did reorder and have the following info:

Dealer Code - 11214

Body Type - T85

Priority - 99

Order Number - 001

Order Date - 5/11/06 18?46:23

I'm not sure how long a new order takes to cycle into your system but if you could check this for me, I'd truly appreciate it. The original dealer can :kissass: . Thanks again, Mr. K.!!!

Dealer Code - 11214

Body Type - T85

Priority - 99

Order Number - 001

I'm not sure how long a new order takes to cycle into your system but if you could check this for me, I'd truly appreciate it. The original dealer can :kissass: . Thanks again, Mr. K.!!!

hate to be bearer of badnews, but a priority 99 wont get built- better call your dealer

Thank you. So if I'm reading your legend correctly, the Sequence Date is the date the car is scheduled to be assembled. So... if I were to ask you to check again on say, Thursday, June 1st... and you replied back on Friday, June 2nd and reported a 'sequence date' of 6/8/2006, this would mean my car is SCHEDULED to be assembled ON that Thursday. The 'blend date' doesn't really mean a whole lot as this pertains to what time of day (am/pm) the car will be built.

This IS pretty cool. I've never ordered a car before so this is doggone neat. I'll be a pesterin' ya come June 1st. Thanks again, K-meister!

Stan

Um, Sequence means that the suppliers can get the parts to the plant within a certain timeframe. Blend Date usually is 7 calendar days before the actual build date. Might have to revamp those again...

Kzinti,

Anything come back from the VOPC today saying that I correctly have the CA cloth top?

Thanks much.

Sent this over again this afternoon on break, and they still haven't replied. They are getting shy about info on 2007 models, and I think it may be due to the 2006 overages... Will keep trying for you!

Don't worry about it. I went to another dealer today. Apparently, the order priority code 40 was something like an inventory replenishment code which would receive low priority. I've placed about 15 calls this week with the dealership trying to get confirmation that this order was in and they never bothered to return my calls. I'm finished with them.

Dealer Code - 11214

Body Type - T85

Priority - 99

Order Number - 001

Ummmm.... Yeah, that priority 99 means kind of like a holding pattern... Priority 10 or 15 is the highest priority, the lower the number, the more important the priority. Need to get that changed ASAP! VOPC asked why I was inquiring about a non-order, had to tell them the story. They didn't find it funny, I guess dealers are costing Ford lots of business...

Why is it when I call the ERL this AM (7:26 EST), it is automatically transferring me to an analyst?

They said they got caller ID, and you had been stalking them. Just kidding... Sometimes they forget to switch over the phone system? I know they are there because I got one reply on a request today from someone who works in the main office. Hang in there...

Um, Sequence means that the suppliers can get the parts to the plant within a certain timeframe. Blend Date usually is 7 calendar days before the actual build date. Might have to revamp those again...

Sent this over again this afternoon on break, and they still haven't replied. They are getting shy about info on 2007 models, and I think it may be due to the 2006 overages... Will keep trying for you!

Ummmm.... Yeah, that priority 99 means kind of like a holding pattern... Priority 10 or 15 is the highest priority, the lower the number, the more important the priority. Need to get that changed ASAP! VOPC asked why I was inquiring about a non-order, had to tell them the story. They didn't find it funny, I guess dealers are costing Ford lots of business...

I'll tell you what the dealers are doing...driving the cost of the cars up. They have you place the order, wait two months or more so when a car finally shows up, you take it either at a higher cost or you end up buying something off the lot that you might not want. Thanks for the tip on the priority code.