2010?

GapBoyPCS

I was talking to a local Canadian dealer today and found out the Build Sheet is now out for 2010. I was interested in the SES sedan, and noted two things:

- MyKey; and

- Unique front and rear fascias

To those in the know: Is it safe to assume that the SES sedan will get the same treatment as the coupes?

I was also told Ford is building the 2010s in July? Any ideas on when pricing will be released? Given that the European one will come over, will the 2010 just run from July 09 into Dec 10? Or will a really short '10.5 or '11 roll out before the European model comes?

I was talking to a local Canadian dealer today and found out the Build Sheet is now out for 2010. I was interested in the SES sedan, and noted two things:

- MyKey; and

- Unique front and rear fascias

To those in the know: Is it safe to assume that the SES sedan will get the same treatment as the coupes?

I was also told Ford is building the 2010s in July? Any ideas on when pricing will be released? Given that the European one will come over, will the 2010 just run from July 09 into Dec 10? Or will a really short '10.5 or '11 roll out before the European model comes?

2010_Focus_Order_Guide.pdf

ABS and ESC standard for 2010... better late than never. :)

(For 2009, ABS + ESC is an optional package that seems to be very rare on cars actually sitting on dealer lots, based on inventory searches.)

It seems also that they changed the suspensions. For 2010, the suspensions are:

Sedan S and SE, Coupe S: base suspension, no rear stabilizer bar and 15" wheels

Sedan SEL, Coupe SE: "enhanced" suspension with rear stabilizer bar and 16" wheels

Sedan and Coupe SES: "performance enhanced" suspension with rear stabilizer bar and 17" wheels

Edited by tjl

ABS and ESC standard for 2010... better late than never. :)

. . . . .

Sedan S and SE, Coupe S: base suspension, no rear stabilizer bar and 15" wheels

I don't think there's an S Coupe, just SE and SES.

Agree, really glad to see ABS/ESC standard. It's available now of course, and some dealers stock quite a few cars with it here in snow country, but again, glad it is standardfor 2010.

I saw no mention of the fender vent or "applique" in the 2010 order guide -- it comes only on the SEL for 2009, and looks to be gone for 2010 (no tears shed by me).

Now down to 7 colors from 8 -- ice blue metallic and amber gold are gone. I've no idea what "natural neutral metallic" looks like . . .

MyKey might be of interest to some parents who want to buy an inexpensive car for their teenager. I'm sure the kids will hate it. They'll also probably figure out how to hack it pretty soon.

I don't think there's an S Coupe, just SE and SES.

MyKey might be of interest to some parents who want to buy an inexpensive car for their teenager. I'm sure the kids will hate it. They'll also probably figure out how to hack it pretty soon.

True, no Coupe S.

MyKey might also be of interest to those who have to valet park their cars. Though this type of application may be more useful if you have something like a Mustang.

Some dealers dont order ABS, since they claim 'people dont want it'. But, imports all have it now, so glad to see Ford stay competitive.

However, we know a new C car is coming, and cant wait to see it.

Edited by 630land

Some dealers dont order ABS, since they claim 'people dont want it'. But, imports all have it now, so glad to see Ford stay competitive.

I would rather not pay for that option. I ended up buying a Focus with it included, but it was the last day of Employee pricing and I bought a car with it added.

I notice that when I drive hard into a turn, my car is selectively braking and it gives the car a weird feel. But then my insurance company gave me a tiny discount for having it.

But I will live with it. I like the car overall and I intend to keep it at least 3 years.

• 1 month later...

I'm still on the hunt. Just an FYI:

Ford.ca is allowing people to price out a 2010, and the Employee Pricing sale applies.

Fordvehicles.com looks like it's in the middle of updating its site to include it on its Build & Price site. The image doesn't come up 100%, but it looks like info is available.

I'm still on the hunt. Just an FYI:

Ford.ca is allowing people to price out a 2010, and the Employee Pricing sale applies.

Fordvehicles.com looks like it's in the middle of updating its site to include it on its Build & Price site. The image doesn't come up 100%, but it looks like info is available.

Yep, 2010 Build and Price is up at fordvehicles.com

Pictures seem to indicate the chrome side vent is completely gone on all trim levels, even SEL.

• 3 weeks later...