2009 Escape Hybrid & 2009 Mariner Hybrid

ice-capades

New program announced today to expedite retail order scheduling above a Dealer's allocation.

To: All Ford and Lincoln Mercury Dealers

Subject: EFC0200945DC 2009MY Escape Hybrid & 2009 Mariner Hybrid Retail Order Scheduling Program

We are pleased to announce a limited-time 2009MY Escape/Mariner Hybrid Retail Order Scheduling Program which will provide scheduling for all verified 2009MY Escape Hybrid and 2009MY Mariner Hybrid retail orders placed in the order bank by March 31st.

Why is Ford doing this?

We feel this presents our dealers with a tremendous opportunity to pre-sell as many 2009MY Escape Hybrids and 2009MY Mariner Hybrids as possible. Dealers can now aggressively solicit legitimate retail business and have the confidence of telling customers that their retail order will be built.

Retail Order Eligibility Details

Only legitimate retail orders verified through the newly developed Retail Order Verification Process will be considered for scheduling

Retail orders must be placed by March 31, 2009, no extensions beyond this date will be considered

Eligible order types are 1, 3, A, X, Z, D Only

Retail orders must be clean and buildable by March 31, 2009 and verification process must be completed by April 3, 2009. No exceptions or extensions will be considered

This program may end prior to March 31, 2009 if the number of verified retail orders exceeds available production capacity

Only eligible and verified orders meeting the above listed criteria will be considered for scheduling above and beyond any dealer allocation commitment

Listed below is a short Q&A designed to clarify the program

When will the verified retail orders be produced?

Eligible and verified orders will be considered for production during remaining 2009MY production months (April through June 2009). Production timing guidance will be provided to dealers with verified retail orders in April. Timing estimates will depend upon the number of verified orders received.

Will all eligible and verified retail orders be produced immediately?

Monthly production is limited, so Ford will evaluate the number of eligible and verified retail orders before any production timing commitments can be provided.

Will this retail order scheduling commitment extend beyond March 31, 2009?

We do not anticipate an extension beyond March 31, 2009

Do I need to verify retail orders already in the order bank?

Yes, every retail order, including those already in the order bank must be verified for scheduling of April Production.

How do I verify my retail order?

Please refer to EFC0200944DC for instructions on the retail order verification progress.

What will happen if my order is not buildable (e.g. has a configuration error)?

Dealers are responsible for providing a clean and buildable order by 3/31/09, no exceptions will be honored

• 2 weeks later...
New program announced today to expedite retail order scheduling above a Dealer's allocation.

To: All Ford and Lincoln Mercury Dealers

Subject: EFC0200945DC 2009MY Escape Hybrid & 2009 Mariner Hybrid Retail Order Scheduling Program

We are pleased to announce a limited-time 2009MY Escape/Mariner Hybrid Retail Order Scheduling Program which will provide scheduling for all verified 2009MY Escape Hybrid and 2009MY Mariner Hybrid retail orders placed in the order bank by March 31st.

<snip>

A welcome announcement that will hopefully be used for the 2010 model year to help consumers have a better ordering-through-delivery experience.