oac bodyboy

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2010-Ford-Taurus.jpg

http://www.detroitnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...UTO01/901100453

Now this is a flagship.

Chock full of technology and a few exclusive features, the redesigned 2010 Taurus promises to live well at the top of Ford's lineup.

The Taurus has truly lived the life of a prodigal son in the Ford family. After years in rental fleet lots and even a brief stint incognito with another name, a new Taurus has emerged, connected more to the ground breaking 1986 model than anything from this century.

It's better than anyone could imagine, and it arrives this summer at the same starting price as the 2009 model -- $25,995.

The large sedan shows a confident, aggressive exterior with a power dome hood, a unique three-bar grille and crisp clean lines cutting across its body.

The sedan's shape seems to stretch the car along the horizontal plane, making it appear more stable.

Ford lowered the roof and raised the car's shoulder line -- to give it a more athletic look -- and will offer 17-inch to 20-inch wheels on it.

Ford has also added a few colors to the new Taurus, such as Candy Red Metallic Tint, White Platinum Metallic, Steel Blue Metallic, Gold Leaf Metallic and Ingot Silver Metallic.

The Taurus will be powered by Ford's 3.5-liter V-6 mated to a six-speed automatic transmission. Ford will include optional paddle shifters for the driver who wants to control the 263-horses under the hood. :hyper:

I see how they will achieve class leading MPG..."The Taurus SE offers a six-speed automatic transmission with a Grade-Assist hill-holding rollback prevention feature, paired with an economical 2.77 final drive ratio." I'm seeing a growing pattern here of ways they are "working" with the system to accomplish it.

Overall it looks good. I dont really see any reason why someone would upgrade to the MKS, if this has more toys...

remember that this is a full size sedan and the price its the same from the current taurus

I know. I mean, with all the new technology included it's actually a very good deal, but I think they should have had a discontented model for a couple grand lower.

Although, it might not matter. This car is awesome. It truly is the Taurus they should have built from the beginning. I think Ford has an honest to goodness hit on their hands.

i like it alot overall. interior looks great, front looks great too.

THe rear.... it looks a little weird to me. it didnt translate quite like how i imagined. it looks too tall and wagony out back.

The rest of it is a winner. did you read the autoblog comments too? almost ALL were positive!

i like it alot overall. interior looks great, front looks great too.

THe rear.... it looks a little weird to me. it didnt translate quite like how i imagined. it looks too tall and wagony out back.

The rest of it is a winner. did you read the autoblog comments too? almost ALL were positive!

Agreed on the rear. It's definitely the weakest part of the design. The rest looks great.

Somethings I noticed. Seems that heated rear seats will be available. Also noticed a "mood" light for the floorboard area. Seems to be there's 2 gauge clusters available. The basic one is nothing special, the 2nd one I'm guessing will be in SHO or Limited models. The position of the truck release button is stupidly placed towards the front passenger area. Hopefully little Timmy won't reach for it while daddy is driving or he's getting a whack across the head. I would be interested in seeing what the trunk cut-out opening is like. The MKS has a huge trunk, but poor access to it. The 3/4th quarter view reminds me of the Sebring.