VOTE NO

Bigcountry

JSP is gone! What the hell else do they want? Cut in pay? Give up some paid holidays? Take our cola? I don't give a damn what they want! I'm votin' NO on any concession!!!!!
Thats Right NO MORE CONCESSIONS!!!! This is getting down right fucking ridiculous! I'd like to know why the hell we have a contract when it can be opened anytime for any reason. They are now making it sound like if we don't do these things it would be OUR fault they don't get the loan!!WTF???? Alan Mulally will work for a $1.00 IF he has to use any of the money- how about we agree to open the contract IF he has to use any of the money. So while we give give give he will still be getting his salary UNTIL/IF he uses the money.

How is that "shared sacrifice"?

Thats Right NO MORE CONCESSIONS!!!! This is getting down right fucking ridiculous! I'd like to know why the hell we have a contract when it can be opened anytime for any reason. They are now making it sound like if we don't do these things it would be OUR fault they don't get the loan!!WTF???? Alan Mulally will work for a $1.00 IF he has to use any of the money- how about we agree to open the contract IF he has to use any of the money. So while we give give give he will still be getting his salary UNTIL/IF he uses the money.

How is that "shared sacrifice"?

summer shutdown is gone also!!!!!

summer shutdown is gone also!!!!!

I'm not sure but, I want to say that the membership will have to vote on this. I can remember voting NO on four tens as did the majority of Chicago assembly the first time. A week later we are voting on the same thing again for some stupid reason and, magically, somehow, they got a YES vote.

I've woked for Ford since 1994 and the union has gotten more crooked every year. I really wish we, the UAW and it's members, as well as the company were on the same page.

My opinion of our union is that it is only good for the benefits and perks that we get and of course, our pay. Now, I can only speak for Chicago, I don't know how other plants union representation is but you're basically on your own here if you have an issue. Oh sure, they will come down and represent you but they never do anything it seems.

I'm glad that I am a union worker but, I just wish they would do the right thing and screw all the political bullshit.

JSP is gone! What the hell else do they want? Cut in pay? Give up some paid holidays? Take our cola? I don't give a damn what they want! I'm votin' NO on any concession!!!!!

I'm with you Big. I'm still pissed about opening the contract early to get the COA rammed up our ass.

Fuck-'em all. By the time they're finished with all these concessions, the jobs are not going to be worth having. If I get to vote my vote will absolutely be a NO to even slightest give back. Let the mutha-fuckers

go down. Those dumb-ass queers in D.C. keep dogging us. Most Americans seem to be against us.

I say we demand to get to vote on all of the proposed cuts. If we stick together with a NO vote, we will

spoil their devious plan. If the ship goes down, then we, along with millions of Americans are going down

too. UAW members are some of the most talented people on the earth. We will come through. And if it happens, I can't wait to see the fallout. The stupid mutha-fuckers working at the foreign based plants,

will watch their pay go down. Tax revenue will go down big time(look how bad it's cities, and state gov

right now), that's when we can laugh at all the one's doggin' us. Because by then everything is becoming

fucked-up. Lay off the police, lay off firefighters. The greedy bastards that have been fuckin' everybody

will now have to worry about being robbed, the way they have robbed us. Then we can say, that's the way

you stupid fucks wanted it. Now you have it. Sleep Tite.

I think we should just demand a 6 month National Contract from now on..........thats about how long the last ones have lasted. Some of us were here back when FoMoCo was making RECORD profits...did the Company offer to open the fucking Contract THEN to give us a little more of the pie ???? NO ! I for one say " shove it up your ass, I have given ALL I am going to"...

I think we should just demand a 6 month National Contract from now on..........thats about how long the last ones have lasted. Some of us were here back when FoMoCo was making RECORD profits...did the Company offer to open the fucking Contract THEN to give us a little more of the pie ???? NO ! I for one say " shove it up your ass, I have given ALL I am going to"...

AMEN!!

As frustrating as all this is...... we really need to look at the big picture and think about saving our JOBS!! We can't afford NOT to go along with your leadership. Times are tough and we need to suck it up and save every job we have left and support the retirees. Our backs are truly up against the wall. Keep your fingers crossed that we all have a job to come back to next year.

As frustrating as all this is...... we really need to look at the big picture and think about saving our JOBS!! We can't afford NOT to go along with your leadership. Times are tough and we need to suck it up and save every job we have left and support the retirees. Our backs are truly up against the wall. Keep your fingers crossed that we all have a job to come back to next year.

Without seeing how they will be handling laid off workers thats pretty hard to say about saving jobs. With the loss of JSP there is no other deterrent for the company not to outsource more jobs,something the current trade policies encourage American businesses to participate in.

As a matter of fact part of GM's plan submitted this week, includes closing more plants and laying off more employee's with no JSP to protect them. Makes me almost want to concede to bankruptcy and give the American public what they want, the 21st century great depression, I mean fuck with all the UAW is giving up and the fact they want the right to be able to reopen the contract at a later date we might as well just let the whole fucking ship sink now.

The way I see things we are already giving up things that a bankruptcy court would take anyway so why not let all the people that hate us so much see the real effects the downfall of the Big3 would have on this country and its economy.

Excuse my lack of hope at this point , I'm just so fucking sick of Paulson and his Wall ST. fucks getting their money hassle free and they still have not opened the markets, while companies that actually still employ many Americans has to suck the dick of the people that gave this country most of the unfair trade policies that have killed this countries manufacturing workforce.

*vent off*

At what point do we say enough is enough. I understand that “look at the big picture” but how am I supposed to do that if I’m not going to be IN THE BIG PICTURE ANYMORE.

I’m not sure how much ill care about the big three if I lose my job looking at the big picture.

I think you are underestimating the Union membership. I am not against my Union leadership, I think Ron has underestimated the willingness of the majority of OUR Union to draw the line in the sand on this. And as far as your "support the retirees" is that like the last concessions??? When we "supported the retirees" by making them pay more out of pocket, and giving away the things THEY EARNED ?? I hope we dont keep "supporting the retirees" the way we have or they will all be BROKE with NO HEALTH CARE if we keep going the way we have. I agree our backs are against the wall, but I think instead of surrender, we come out fighting. Ford is using this to scare everyone into giving up the farm, and the sheeple are following along , hook line and sinker. The Co. cant tell Congress "We really dont need the money" and then tell the Union " We need concessions" ......Someone is being LIED to. Who do you think the Company is blowing smoke at ??

I haven't posted here for quite a while. I understand the frustration some people have. To those that where not around, the current situation is actually WORSE than '79. The current market has yet to bottom out. Meanwhile GM is still announcing layoff's with their plan to show the door to an ADDITIONAL 30 K to go. They have just started the shrinkage plan Ford announced 2 years ago. EVERYONE is getting hurt.

Some of you... I'm willing to bet your paycheck doesn't show you how many sub credits you have, some will. If just ONE automaker goes down, the whole house of cards falls. The UAW understands this. For 2 days of hearings, Both sides of the aisle praised the work the UAW has done and the willingness to step forward to do what is necessary to secure jobs for what is left of the U.S. Auto companies after the recovery begins. Those politican's knew they were being watched, they have to grandstand for the voters back home.

JOB's will be lost. People will be hurt, there is no doubt about that. Ron's presence today in front of the House was commendable. I wouldn't like to be their. Only Mullany stood there with a smug attitude while the other 3 were there, hat in hand. Begging, bitterly begging for some help. The wolves looking down on them knew where the upper hand lay. When your back is up against the wall and you are begging, you will do whatever you have to and say what has to be said also.

Meanwhile Bush remains entrenched in his bunker and still defiant to the rest of the country. Calling into the hearing finally telling Mr. Frank that he could tap the 25 Billion from the retooling program, where every other person has testified that, that option just will not work. The man from Texas with a new Toyota truck plant just told you to F'Off.

Brother, do you want to put heat in your house while you still have a job, or would you rather be the one that takes the whole country down with you because you see a small cut as beneath your dignity? If so, you will soon be joining an additional 3 million people in the nearest breadline and you won't have a house to heat this winter. Making a car ALWAYS has been a feast or famine proposition. I am proud of what the Union has done and for finally getting some good press from the USA gov. No matter what more it takes, I will do my part. I do not like it, but I know it's all out of my hands also.

The only winner's so far in this whole debacle are the fat cat bankers and the suit's sitting on Wall Street. Perhaps we should march up and down that street with signs saying JUMP!

I haven't posted here for quite a while. I understand the frustration some people have. To those that where not around, the current situation is actually WORSE than '79. The current market has yet to bottom out. Meanwhile GM is still announcing layoff's with their plan to show the door to an ADDITIONAL 30 K to go. They have just started the shrinkage plan Ford announced 2 years ago. EVERYONE is getting hurt.

Some of you... I'm willing to bet your paycheck doesn't show you how many sub credits you have, some will. If just ONE automaker goes down, the whole house of cards falls. The UAW understands this. For 2 days of hearings, Both sides of the aisle praised the work the UAW has done and the willingness to step forward to do what is necessary to secure jobs for what is left of the U.S. Auto companies after the recovery begins. Those politican's knew they were being watched, they have to grandstand for the voters back home.

JOB's will be lost. People will be hurt, there is no doubt about that. Ron's presence today in front of the House was commendable. I wouldn't like to be their. Only Mullany stood there with a smug attitude while the other 3 were there, hat in hand. Begging, bitterly begging for some help. The wolves looking down on them knew where the upper hand lay. When your back is up against the wall and you are begging, you will do whatever you have to and say what has to be said also.

Meanwhile Bush remains entrenched in his bunker and still defiant to the rest of the country. Calling into the hearing finally telling Mr. Frank that he could tap the 25 Billion from the retooling program, where every other person has testified that, that option just will not work. The man from Texas with a new Toyota truck plant just told you to F'Off.

Brother, do you want to put heat in your house while you still have a job, or would you rather be the one that takes the whole country down with you because you see a small cut as beneath your dignity? If so, you will soon be joining an additional 3 million people in the nearest breadline and you won't have a house to heat this winter. Making a car ALWAYS has been a feast or famine proposition. I am proud of what the Union has done and for finally getting some good press from the USA gov. No matter what more it takes, I will do my part. I do not like it, but I know it's all out of my hands also.

The only winner's so far in this whole debacle are the fat cat bankers and the suit's sitting on Wall Street. Perhaps we should march up and down that street with signs saying JUMP!

It will pass by a 51 to 49 % margin, pretty intresting :rant:

I have ALREADY given more than a few small cuts.... man we are all gonna bleed to death with all these small cuts. I have given back so many raises and COLAs, that I can barely heat my house now. And do not give me the feast or famine shit either, I NEVER saw them open up the Contract when it was feasting time..but they sure have when it was famine huh?? Twice soon.. tell me where YOU draw the line then ?? I guess NEVER by your staement "no matter what more it takes". I wonder if Walter would have been for opening the Contracts every time the Company wanted to?? I bet not...just my opinion though.

I believe it was only a Mr. Cocker in the senate (R-Tenn.) who said something about the UAW cutting wages to comparable to Kia wages. Your whining about cut's rings hollow. If you haven't been preparing for this day for the last 2 years, your not going to make it no matter what happens. Also, you are one that just "Doesn't get it".

Obviously, you will NOT get it until you lose it all, and no amount of reasoning will sway your opinion. I forget, it's the "It's all about me!" generation, we have left in the union.

The UAW has given up before and they will do it again. The time for a package has left, they won't be coming back. You still have a job, that means you still have another day to pick a battle. When your on the outside looking in, anything offered looks good.

Good Luck to you and yours. I don't say that with malice, the holidays are approaching and everyone is going to be needing a lot of luck before it gets better.

#1 I am not refering to future cuts, I am refering to the cuts we have taken in the last 10-12 years. #2 For the vast majority of the workforce, those with less than 15 years, we have seen our paychecks buying power continually slip away. #3 If you knew ME you would know I am definately NOT an "all about ME' person..although we agree there is a majority of them now. #4 Name one thing we have given up and gotten back later? I am not saying we haven't, I am saying I am unaware of one. Lastly, am I to assume you think Ruether would open the Contract then ??

Brother, I am on your side. To name something we gave up, perhaps not you, But I.. was PPH days and we got back family days, plus Christmas bonuses. Just to name a few. My standard of living hasn't dropped in the last 10-12 years. If it was as bad as you have said, then I would have looked elsewhere for the thing's Ford has offered me for employment.

Brother, please understand what $28/hr. looks like to the rest of the country. Ford is NOT in this alone. IF one company goes under, they all go down. You may not believe it, but your union has your best interests at heart. There is no time to list the things they have gotten for you and I.

I wonder if I caught Mullany in a lie today. He was asked 4 times POINT BLANK if this money would be used to buy fasteners and Tool and Die from OUTSIDE the USA. 4 times and finally he answered NO. WHY was that? Because in his mind, he is not going to use any money, so he will buy what he wants from where he wants.

The US gov. wants this money HERE to help this country. No one yet knows what we may have to do to secure our futures. It boils down to having a job or not. Ask Tulsa how they liked a NO VOTE.

I personally think Leonard Woodcock was the most memorable UAW president, And Lincoln the most memorable USA president, And Red Polling the best Ford president, but they have nothing to do with today

Brother, I am on your side. To name something we gave up, perhaps not you, But I.. was PPH days and we got back family days, plus Christmas bonuses. Just to name a few. My standard of living hasn't dropped in the last 10-12 years. If it was as bad as you have said, then I would have looked elsewhere for the thing's Ford has offered me for employment.

Brother, please understand what $28/hr. looks like to the rest of the country. Ford is NOT in this alone. IF one company goes under, they all go down. You may not believe it, but your union has your best interests at heart. There is no time to list the things they have gotten for you and I.

I wonder if I caught Mullany in a lie today. He was asked 4 times POINT BLANK if this money would be used to buy fasteners and Tool and Die from OUTSIDE the USA. 4 times and finally he answered NO. WHY was that? Because in his mind, he is not going to use any money, so he will buy what he wants from where he wants.

The US gov. wants this money HERE to help this country. No one yet knows what we may have to do to secure our futures. It boils down to having a job or not. Ask Tulsa how they liked a NO VOTE.

I personally think Leonard Woodcock was the most memorable UAW president, And Lincoln the most memorable USA president, And Red Polling the best Ford president, but they have nothing to do with today

We did give up happy days...but to say we got them back is an understatement..we got back 2 days per contract...one hour a year.. And your living someplace that inflation hasn't gone up more than your wages? Where? I want to move there. As far as $28/hr goes your right, it looks like alot to the rest of th country. THEY ARE UNDERPAID. So thats MY fault? I believe 100% my Union has my interests at heart, but like I said I also believe that the majority are in favor of drawing the line in the sand. Ask Norfolk what giving shit up gets ya? Its a 2 way street, I just think it time to say enough...

Critic...........You hit the nail on the head>>>> very little people do NOT even know about the sub credits being disclosed on your paycheck, sub credits as I recall....STOPPED being printed on our paychecks I would like to esttimate somewhere in the timeline of the early 1989-1990, the change came when the company went from having the paychecks having a "clear" window showing our name and the FORD logo printed all over the paycheck on the outside. Damn!!! They are setting us all up to get unemployment, then weeks later, ......the sub fund has dried out. And so will our asses be.........SOL.

No, you haven't posted on here for awhile. Why is that? Only when there's trouble and people start speaking up against things going on do you "show up". Trying to do damage control. Listen, I understand where your coming from, and I for one thought Mr. Gettlefinger did the best job he could do under the circumstances. The way I saw it was when asked about concessions he made it clear that EVERYONE will be at that table to give up.But what I don't understand is why when the company in 05 needed help and we gave-- not EVERYONE was at the table. Last year when we gave because "we had to help the company" not EVERYONE was at the table. The way I see it is, WE have GIVEN, and GIVEN alot. And now, BEFORE WE GIVE more, we're told that we also don't have any job security. And you can stop with the scare tactics--even if "the whole house of cards fall" I wont be in the bread line, Brother. I'm prepared. So don't get on here with your "no matter what it takes, I will do my part" bullshit, the union members HAVE been doing their part. How about the people at the Solidarity House, will they also be at that table to GIVE? How about Mr. Gettlefinger, Bob King, Mr. Gamble will they too be at that table to GIVE? If we are all in this together let's ALL give together, MY BROTHER.

I haven't been here posting, because it's always the same small amount of discontents posting over and over and over.

YOU comprise about .5% of the employees. And when your posts come up in a google search or in other parts of this site. it makes you look like the fools you are.

You drag down the good with the whining you constantly do do. You depress the ones that are grateful to have a job and appreciate the pay they do receive.

You can't take the heat from another worker, but sitting in your arm-chair at home and tossing out threats and big words on the Intertubs makes your point well understood.

Their was a long pause before i started typing this again.. IF the name Critic pisses you off, then it's worked. But MR. You got the balls, stand up in your union hall and say these same things. Here's one more for you. Soldiers of Solidarity can use your kind also.

Now go talk to the hand!