Is Hybrid order prior to Aug 1 price protected or not???

EricC5Vett

I'm in a situation now where my '09 FEHL is due to arrive within days and the dealer is now telling me that Hybrids were not price protected if ordered proir to the Aug 1 increase, that the price protection specifically does not apply to Hybrids. Does anyone know for certain if a Hybrid that was ordered prior to the Aug 1 price increase is protected or not? I placed my order beginning of May with a signed contract & $1,000 deposit. Can anyone else here that ordered theirs prior to the increase and just recently picked it up document here what you were told so that maybe I can show it to the dealer? I don't know if I have a right to dispute this or not???

Edited by EricC5Vett

I'm in a situation now where my '09 FEHL is due to arrive within days and the dealer is now telling me that Hybrids were not price protected if ordered proir to the Aug 1 increase, that the price protection specifically does not apply to Hybrids. Does anyone know for certain if a Hybrid that was ordered prior to the Aug 1 price increase is protected or not? I placed my order beginning of May with a signed contract & $1,000 deposit. Can anyone else here that ordered theirs prior to the increase and just recently picked it up document here what you were told so that maybe I can show it to the dealer? I don't know if I have a right to dispute this or not???

Attached is a copy of the actual notice to Dealers regarding the pricing changes announced on August 1, 2008. It clearly states that "Price Protection" applies to retail orders placed prior to the announcement.

2009_Escape_Pricing_Changes_08_01_2008.pdf

Attached is a copy of the actual notice to Dealers regarding the pricing changes announced on August 1, 2008. It clearly states that "Price Protection" applies to retail orders placed prior to the announcement.

Thanks, that's great, but how do I know if it was invoiced to the dealer prior to Aug 1 or not? How do I find out the date it was invoiced?

Thanks, that's great, but how do I know if it was invoiced to the dealer prior to Aug 1 or not? How do I find out the date it was invoiced?

When a pricing change goes into effect, all vehicles produced starting on that date are invoiced and window stickers generated using the new prices. If your vehicle order was placed and received by Ford prior to the date of the price increase your vehiclke is price protected at the price level in effect on the date your order was received by Ford. Your Dealer files a Price Protection Claim with Ford which they can do after you take delivery. Your Dealer will receive a vehicle invoice with the current prices which is why they have to file the claim with Ford. So don't let the Dealer show you the invoice with the new prices and claim that it's proof that the unit isn't "price protected". Note that the order must have been placed as a "Retail" order with Ford under your name.

The vehicle will be shipped with a window sticker showing the current vehicle prices.

Just in case there's still some confusion on this issue, I'll try to put it another way for anyone that may be interested in this subject. If you've placed a retail vehicle order through your Ford Dealer and it was received by Ford Motor Company prior to the effective date of a price increase, the only date that's important is the date the order was placed and received by Ford. The order is "price protected" to the original order date regardless of how many price increases there may have been between the original order date and the date you take delivery of your new Ford! So forget about the date of the vehicle invoice. The invoices are generated at about the time the vehicle is produced and mailed to the Dealership which will receive it about one to two weeks before the vehicle arrives.

The notice regarding vehicles not being re-invoiced pertains to vehicles produced and in stock at Dealerships prior to a price increase. Ford does NOT re-invoice vehicles in Dealer stock that were produced and/or invoiced prior to any price increase. A Dealer could have identical vehicles in stock that were produced six months or more apart and own them at different prices. This is normal. When a vehicle arrives at the Dealership and the Dealership accepts it... the Dealership then owns the vehicle and Ford gets paid for the vehicle. Ford cannot then increase the price of a vehicle at a later date when it's actually owned by the Dealership!

Again... I hope that this helps clarify the matter for those that may be affected.

When a pricing change goes into effect, all vehicles produced starting on that date are invoiced and window stickers generated using the new prices. If your vehicle order was placed and received by Ford prior to the date of the price increase your vehiclke is price protected at the price level in effect on the date your order was received by Ford. Your Dealer files a Price Protection Claim with Ford which they can do after you take delivery. Your Dealer will receive a vehicle invoice with the current prices which is why they have to file the claim with Ford. So don't let the Dealer show you the invoice with the new prices and claim that it's proof that the unit isn't "price protected". Note that the order must have been placed as a "Retail" order with Ford under your name.

The vehicle will be shipped with a window sticker showing the current vehicle prices.

Just in case there's still some confusion on this issue, I'll try to put it another way for anyone that may be interested in this subject. If you've placed a retail vehicle order through your Ford Dealer and it was received by Ford Motor Company prior to the effective date of a price increase, the only date that's important is the date the order was placed and received by Ford. The order is "price protected" to the original order date regardless of how many price increases there may have been between the original order date and the date you take delivery of your new Ford! So forget about the date of the vehicle invoice. The invoices are generated at about the time the vehicle is produced and mailed to the Dealership which will receive it about one to two weeks before the vehicle arrives.

The notice regarding vehicles not being re-invoiced pertains to vehicles produced and in stock at Dealerships prior to a price increase. Ford does NOT re-invoice vehicles in Dealer stock that were produced and/or invoiced prior to any price increase. A Dealer could have identical vehicles in stock that were produced six months or more apart and own them at different prices. This is normal. When a vehicle arrives at the Dealership and the Dealership accepts it... the Dealership then owns the vehicle and Ford gets paid for the vehicle. Ford cannot then increase the price of a vehicle at a later date when it's actually owned by the Dealership!

Again... I hope that this helps clarify the matter for those that may be affected.

Thank you!

This is the proverbial "smoking gun" evidence that will prove that my dealer is trying to pull a fast one regarding the price of my 2009 FEHL that has an order "Receipt Date" of April 21, 2008 in the Ford computer. It was built on September 10, 2008.

I'm going to politely request they honor the April 21 price when the vehicle arrives, but if they refuse, I'm confident that the Virginia Small Claims Court will eventually refund the $1030 price difference.

This is great information Ice, thank you very much.

So, what do I do when the dealer disagrees and refuses to give in on this? I'm not the type to take it to court...

This is great information Ice, thank you very much.

So, what do I do when the dealer disagrees and refuses to give in on this? I'm not the type to take it to court...

I would suggest that you immediately contact Ford Customer Service and open a complaint file. Once done, Ford will contact the Dealership and they will be required to respond. Do NOT take delivery of the vehicle until the pricing issue is resolved. Otherwise Ford will be out of the situation and you'll be fighting endlessly with the Dealership trying to get them to reimburse you for the difference. The more documentation you have the better to support your case. You mentioned a signed contract. Does the sales agreement you have include the vehicle specifications and pricing and is it signed by both parties? Do you have a copy of the original DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement) showing when the order was placed and the order details showing that it was placed as a retail order with your name?

I would suggest that you immediately contact Ford Customer Service and open a complaint file. Once done, Ford will contact the Dealership and they will be required to respond. Do NOT take delivery of the vehicle until the pricing issue is resolved. Otherwise Ford will be out of the situation and you'll be fighting endlessly with the Dealership trying to get them to reimburse you for the difference. The more documentation you have the better to support your case. You mentioned a signed contract. Does the sales agreement you have include the vehicle specifications and pricing and is it signed by both parties? Do you have a copy of the original DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement) showing when the order was placed and the order details showing that it was placed as a retail order with your name?

Question, Is a Vehicle Order Confirmation sheet as good as a dora. It does have my name on it and the x-plan price at the time of my order.But to me it looks like they could print this sheet and not order the vehicle at that time? I ordered my FEHL on may 3 and still not a thing....no allocation to date. Also is x-plan prices also protected? Will dealers give you a dora if requested. Yes, starting get a little uneasy here. Too many stock vehicles showing up on dealers lots. How about the customer Ford!

Thank you SO MUCH for this information, ice-capades! My FEH has been built and I am trying to prepare as best I can for the time to pick up. My dealer may be completely honest, but I am suspicious since I did not get a contract. They printed out what looked to be a pre-order form with the MSRP and Invoice prices for what I wanted to order, then drew a line on the bottom and had me sign it, telling me that I would have to pay MSRP. OK, but they refused to give me a copy of the paper! That definitely raised my suspicion. Being that I've never ordered a vehicle before, I had no idea (and still really don't) how the order process is supposed to work.

Say I go in to pick up the vehicle, they show me the inflated price, I say it's price protected and they still won't lower the price, if I refuse delivery to escalate to Ford Customer Service, can they sell the vehicle out from under me? I've waited almost 4 months and would rather not have to start over again. Since I don't have a contract, I don't know that I really "own" the order, even though my name is on it.

Also, my salesman (who does not work there anymore) emailed me a copy of the DORA. Where would I find out if it was a retail order? I didn't see "retail" on there anywhere.

Also, my salesman (who does not work there anymore) emailed me a copy of the DORA. Where would I find out if it was a retail order? I didn't see "retail" on there anywhere.

On your DORA, about 10 lines down in the middle of the page, just above where the base price is listed.

Look for PRICE LEVEL, directly below that is a code, if you are pre-August 1st it is 915, after Aug 1st it is 920.

A 915 PL should take care of it, but will the dealer take care of you ?

On your DORA, about 10 lines down in the middle of the page, just above where the base price is listed.

Look for PRICE LEVEL, directly below that is a code, if you are pre-August 1st it is 915, after Aug 1st it is 920.

A 915 PL should take care of it, but will the dealer take care of you ?

Thank you for the info! I have a 915 price level, so that's good to know. How very interesting that there is no base price listed on the DORA. I bet the salesman edited the email before he sent it out. Can I request a current hardcopy of the DORA and will it have the base price listed? It's worth a try to make a visit in person before the vehicle arrives if I can get some supportive data.

Will the dealer take care of me? I am hoping so, but it's not sounding too good! I have resigned myself to the fact that I might have to pay the additional $1030, but not without some hassle to them. Live and learn I guess.

Question, Is a Vehicle Order Confirmation sheet as good as a dora. It does have my name on it and the x-plan price at the time of my order.But to me it looks like they could print this sheet and not order the vehicle at that time? I ordered my FEHL on may 3 and still not a thing....no allocation to date. Also is x-plan prices also protected? Will dealers give you a dora if requested. Yes, starting get a little uneasy here. Too many stock vehicles showing up on dealers lots. How about the customer Ford!

The Vehicle Order Confirmation form does NOT prove that the vehicle was ordered or received by Ford Motor Company. Only the DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement) does! The X Plan price should be price protected the same as any other retail order.

Thank you SO MUCH for this information, ice-capades! My FEH has been built and I am trying to prepare as best I can for the time to pick up. My dealer may be completely honest, but I am suspicious since I did not get a contract. They printed out what looked to be a pre-order form with the MSRP and Invoice prices for what I wanted to order, then drew a line on the bottom and had me sign it, telling me that I would have to pay MSRP. OK, but they refused to give me a copy of the paper! That definitely raised my suspicion. Being that I've never ordered a vehicle before, I had no idea (and still really don't) how the order process is supposed to work.

Say I go in to pick up the vehicle, they show me the inflated price, I say it's price protected and they still won't lower the price, if I refuse delivery to escalate to Ford Customer Service, can they sell the vehicle out from under me? I've waited almost 4 months and would rather not have to start over again. Since I don't have a contract, I don't know that I really "own" the order, even though my name is on it.

You should NEVER sign anything without getting a copy for your own records. Their refusing to give you a copy should have been the first sign of trouble ahead. On the DORA there is a space that identifies the Order Type... 2=Stock, B=Demo, 1=Retail, X=X Plan, A=A Plan, etc.

I haven't abandoned this thread, just still waiting to see what is going to happen. The car isn't in yet & it was shipped 2 weeks ago on 9/15. The manager is claiming he's still waiting for an answer on the price protection from their Ford Rep. Last claim they made was that the Hybrids were exempt[b][/b] from the price protection. We'll see whats gonna happen in the next few days I'm sure, and I'll let everyone here know the outcome as it unfolds.

But hasn't anyone taken delivery recently on an order that was originated prior to Aug 1st? Let's hear from some of you...

Edited by EricC5Vett

If I remember correctly, with any vehicle invoiced/built after the 8/1 price increase, the dealership will be charged the new higher price. They then have to file a price protection claim to be refunded the difference from Ford. Anyone have a copy of the price protection claim form they can post?

Mike

TwoLostMinds

I haven't abandoned this thread, just still waiting to see what is going to happen. The car isn't in yet & it was shipped 2 weeks ago on 9/15. The manager is claiming he's still waiting for an answer on the price protection from their Ford Rep. Last claim they made was that the Hybrids were exempt[b][/b] from the price protection. We'll see whats gonna happen in the next few days I'm sure, and I'll let everyone here know the outcome as it unfolds.

But hasn't anyone taken delivery recently on an order that was originated prior to Aug 1st? Let's hear from some of you...

I ordered mine on May 8th, it was built on August 20th and I took delivery on September 3rd. The window sticker MSRP reflected the new price, but my dealer never even mentioned the price increase. He seemed pretty savy about all the paperwork with Ford and what needed to be filed and when. I purchased it for our agreed on purchase price.

If I remember correctly, with any vehicle invoiced/built after the 8/1 price increase, the dealership will be charged the new higher price. They then have to file a price protection claim to be refunded the difference from Ford. Anyone have a copy of the price protection claim form they can post?

Mike

TwoLostMinds

Edited by ice-capades

I have not seen any communication from Ford to dealers that the FEH orders will not be price protected. but it would not surprise me if that is the case. They did not have price protection on the 2005 FEH's, so I would guess they will not offer it in 2009. If my dealer told me the orders will not be price protected, I would believe it.

Ford is under no obligation or contract to offer it to a dealership, and I don't think any dealership would guarantee a price. Each purchase order I have seen has a pass-thru of price increases provision. :shades:

Edited by dfs

I was charged the extra $1030, they claimed there is no price protection despite my purchase and sales agreement and $1000 down. Some dealers are better than others and are not charging the extra. Be sure you know before you pick up the FEH09 by staying in contact with the dealership.

I was charged the extra $1030, they claimed there is no price protection despite my purchase and sales agreement and $1000 down. Some dealers are better than others and are not charging the extra. Be sure you know before you pick up the FEH09 by staying in contact with the dealership.

Oh great, you're the first to post that. Anybody else???

Oh great, you're the first to post that. Anybody else???

My Xplan MMH was not price protected. It was ordered in May, and delivered in September. I was given a copy of the invoice (with xplan price) and it showed the increase. My dealer even pointed out to me that there had been a price increase from when the order was placed.

Mine came in yesterday & I picked it up today. I'm really happy with it, it's awesome although 5 months was a long time to wait for a car. The electronics in this thing are very state of the art and high tech but will take me a while to figure out. Right now, having a problem getting it to pull all the contacts out of my Palm Treo. It drives impressively and feels nice & tight, overall very well put together, decent quality fit & finish. They sure have come a long way. AND, they didn't charge me the $1,030 increase, they agreed that they were price protected and filed for the credit on their end. They couldn't argue with all the documentation I got from this forum, thanks guys... I will report back soon, gotta go play with it some more now... :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: