2009 Milan Spied again

rmc523

http://www.leftlanenews.com/mercury-milan-2009.html

They've spied the Milan again. I never really noticed in pictures before this, but I don't like how wide the grille appears, and thus how skinny the headlights are. The back appears to be the same with different taillight lenses. It does appear that they will finally use LEDs for the center brake light, which is a welcome sight.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/mercury-milan-2009.html

They've spied the Milan again. I never really noticed in pictures before this, but I don't like how wide the grille appears, and thus how skinny the headlights are. The back appears to be the same with different taillight lenses. It does appear that they will finally use LEDs for the center brake light, which is a welcome sight.

The article is wrong, Milan is getting the 2.5L hybrid along with Fusion. Not 2.3L hybrid

The article is wrong, Milan is getting the 2.5L hybrid along with Fusion. Not 2.3L hybrid

You mean besides the fact that the 2009 model is on sale now and that is a 2010 model?

Ah, good eye, both of you. I didn't notice those two flaws.

I'm also noticing that the grille slats are fluted, sorta like the spokes on the 20" rims from the MKS and Flex.

The headlights look like the stacked design from the Fusion, outline is very similar. The grille has the same shape, but larger. Hopefully it's not as pointy. Overall it still looks like a Milan, as the Fusion still looks like a Fusion. The Fusion overall will probably look more dramatically updated.

The tail lights look interesting, although I rather liked the clear to red LED lights.

This is probably the last new Mercury so enjoy!

Edited by BORG

Ah, good eye, both of you. I didn't notice those two flaws.

Well thank you kindly. It just dawned on me that its going to be a 2.5 Hybrid because Mariner/Escape is getting that for 09 and it just seems pretty stupid to have a 2.5 Hybrid in the Mariner and a 2.3 Hybrid in the Milan. Plus, my sig says i want a 2010 milan 2.5 hybrid :) or ecoboost if there is one.

Are the EPA numbers 34/31 for both the Fusion and Milan?

Is Ford planning to limit the number of both as they have with the Escape and Mariner?

I think Ford has only sold ~77K total hybrids thru May 08 since its release in 2004, and have sold fewer than 10K units Jan-May 08.

Edited by mlhm5

Are the EPA numbers 34/31 for both the Fusion and Milan?

Is Ford planning to limit the number of both as they have with the Escape and Mariner?

I think Ford has only sold ~77K total hybrids thru May 08 since its release in 2004, and have sold fewer than 10K units Jan-May 08.

No numbers have been announced. And I think the number produced of all the hybrid models depends more upon battery/parts supply rather than actual production limits. I'm sure if Ford had the ability to produce more Hybrids, it would. AFAIK, I think they are still having battery supply issues, unless that has been cleared up.

I can see it angle more than the squircle (square circle) appearance of the Fusion. I wonder if the headlights will be Ford Five Hundred-ish.

Compare--

Five Hundred:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...ive-Hundred.jpg

New Milan spy shot: http://www.leftlanenews.com/wp-content/plu...idg=1&idi=2

The Mariner has a neat headlamp design with their own interpretation of the step down motif from Ford. I wonder if the Milan will have the same, however I believe the Fusion and Milan share fenders so that means both cars will have headlamps that terminate into the seem of the fender, supplemented by a side marker light (which you can see on the Milan prototype). So to answer your question, I don't think Milan has headlamps like the 500 or Taurus, think Sable!

Which is ironic, because the Sable's lights were inspired by the Milan's lights.

Which I think were both in some way inspired by the Mountaineer's lights...which seem somewhat inspired by the Messenger concept. They all use the fender as a defining edge for the headlight bezel.

2005_Mercury_Mountaineer_ext_1.jpg

Mercury_Messenger.jpg

Which I think were both in some way inspired by the Mountaineer's lights...which seem somewhat inspired by the Messenger concept. They all use the fender as a defining edge for the headlight bezel.

2005_Mercury_Mountaineer_ext_1.jpg

Mercury_Messenger.jpg

Along with that above grille turn signal with an arch/curved shape (I hope that made sense).