2010 Ford Taurus spied

ManFord

2010 Ford Taurus [spied]

ford-taurus-spied-ri.jpg

July 9, 2008

In January, Ford announced it would make the unprecedented move of redesigning its Taurus sedan, and our spy photographers have now spotted the first running prototypes of the next Taurus while undergoing testing in Michigan.

The current Ford Taurus was unveiled in early 2007 as the 2008 Ford Five Hundred. It was then renamed to Taurus in an effort to take advantage of the nameplate’s strong mindshare. The car was “facelifted” to give it more style than the original 2005 Five Hundred. Unfortunately, the move was not enough to boost sales or public perception of the model.

As a result, Ford CEO Alan Mulally ordered a complete redesign. Less than six months ago, he told the press the 2010 Taurus would be “the one we should have made originally.”

ford-taurus-spied-5.jpg

More at link:http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-taurus-2010.html

Edited by ManFord

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

based on the pre production and sketch someone beat the Taurus to the market with their own taurus....Genesis anyone? ...I HOPE this is not the case.....

It looks good. Those headlights appeared to he HID too. Nice to see LEDs on the rear. I was starting to get tired of the one bulb for brakes/tail lights/turn signal from Ford.

It looks good. Those headlights appeared to he HID too. Nice to see LEDs on the rear. I was starting to get tired of the one bulb for brakes/tail lights/turn signal from Ford.

hope it looks less "generic" in the flesh..........

based on the pre production and sketch someone beat the Taurus to the market with their own taurus....Genesis anyone? ...I HOPE this is not the case.....

are you implying that it will be RWD, if not then i do not see where the Genesis beat it to the market

From the pictures it doesn't look that bad. Guess we will have to wait to see.

Sort of on the side note, do you think the MKS looks generic?

in comparison with my fave MKR definitely....in its own right it is conservatively handsome.....I just think they could have pushed the envelope a tad more.....

in comparison with my fave MKR definitely....in its own right it is conservatively handsome.....I just think they could have pushed the envelope a tad more.....

Yeah I can see where you are coming from.

The thing about the MKS that caught my attention is the simplified elegance. In person the car has a lot of presence (maybe it is the sheer size of it), but I think it is executed nearly perfect. I wish there were more on the lots around here.

Yeah I can see where you are coming from.

The thing about the MKS that caught my attention is the simplified elegance. In person the car has a lot of presence (maybe it is the sheer size of it), but I think it is executed nearly perfect. I wish there were more on the lots around here.

truthfully yet to see one in the flesh..........

The last photo Taurus looked exactly the same as a Mondeo, if Ford don't want cause attraction to cars why do they take their prototypes out on public roads, the first thing you would notice would be car wrapped in a bedspread and painted like a zebra, and then why do they moan when somebody else like Hyundia then release a Taurus copy just before Ford.

The last photo Taurus looked exactly the same as a Mondeo, if Ford don't want cause attraction to cars why do they take their prototypes out on public roads, the first thing you would notice would be car wrapped in a bedspread and painted like a zebra, and then why do they moan when somebody else like Hyundia then release a Taurus copy just before Ford.

all over that Jelly...it MAY be the reason Ford is getting more secretive...all this plagerism and all....

2010 Ford Taurus [spied]

ford-taurus-spied-ri.jpg

July 9, 2008

In January, Ford announced it would make the unprecedented move of redesigning its Taurus sedan, and our spy photographers have now spotted the first running prototypes of the next Taurus while undergoing testing in Michigan.

The current Ford Taurus was unveiled in early 2007 as the 2008 Ford Five Hundred. It was then renamed to Taurus in an effort to take advantage of the nameplate’s strong mindshare. The car was “facelifted” to give it more style than the original 2005 Five Hundred. Unfortunately, the move was not enough to boost sales or public perception of the model.

As a result, Ford CEO Alan Mulally ordered a complete redesign. Less than six months ago, he told the press the 2010 Taurus would be “the one we should have made originally.”

ford-taurus-spied-5.jpg

More at link:http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-taurus-2010.html

Bah, still no news on a 2010 Sable...