IFS 4X4 in 2011

I have it from a pretty reliable source that the next generation Super Duty 4X4's will have IFS. 350 DRW's and the 450/550 will still have 'Monobeam' front drive axles. There are supposed to be some very valid reasons for this (complaints on ride and handling, need to lower the front for crash standards?). Of course, 2011 is still a ways off, and things change.......

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, I figured that was coming down the pipeline sooner or later. It didn't hurt GM one bit, so Ford should be ok.

I hope we don't have IFS coming to the Superduty ever, If people are interested in a nice ride they can go buy an F150 and leave the Superduty for people who do heavy duty work such as plowing which is where a SFA really shines and is why a large majority of plow trucks are SD's. I do also think that it has hurt GM some in sales as I know a more than a few people who buy Superduties just for the front axle alone and don't even bother looking at other brands, Also a large majority of GM fans have been pushing for GM to go with SFA.

Edited by 94bronco

I drove, and am trying to buy, a 2008 F250 4x4 Crewcab V10 Lariat. I found the ride to be fantastic for a truck with such high capabilities. I was pleasantly surprised.

This will be my daily driver............... and I am a woman.

Trucks are not cars. I do not expect my truck, that can tow well over 10K pounds, to drive like a car. Whenever a Superduty does drive like a car............. I will not buy one.

Oh well, this truck will probably last us a lifetime anyway. I only drive 400-500 miles a month, and it will be able to do anything we will ever need a truck for. Now, if they can only get the deal where I need it. This Employee pricing thing actually hurt (dealers were already giving almost that much off, and the rebates were $5000, now $2000). My dealership says that they are getting zero response on the new deal, so maybe Ford will up the ante............ to get rid of '08's.

You want to know how bad a truck can ride?? We have a 1969 F250 4x4 Crewcab also............. now that is a rough ride.

I agree it's a heavy duty truck not a caddy with a bed ( Chevy trucks), I along with many others will be very dissapointed if Ford decided to make the huge mistake of eliminating the SFA and will probably be forced to buy a Dodge as I don't want a heavy duty truck with some shit ass car suspension up front. Anyone ever see a Chevy with a real plow on it ( 8 foot fisher)? The front end is practially touching the ground! Just leave it be and let those who want a car like truck buy the F150 which is plenty capable for those who want a truck with a really good ride ( Coil equipped SD's actually ride very nice), I would hate to see Ford give away their commercial plowing market which they pretty much own just to make a few people happy.