2009 Focus to get exterior changes

Blueblood

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome!!!!! That's less than two weeks away!!!! To my eyes the doors/body/greenhouse of the 08 Focus is extremely attractive and the rear is pretty good. I would like to see tail light "coloring" like that on the Escape with a red lense with a white "c" shape in white. The front is decent except for the 2-bar look, that bottom cutout connected to the headlights needs to go. The bottom grill needs more detail with separated foglight housings somthing akin to Fusion or Edge. Good job Ford, this should increase Focus sales even more and proves to the naysayers that a NEW FORD is here!

The rear needs a little more too.

I think the only thing really off about the rear is the size of the tail lamps. If they extended further downward instead of having the rear bumper cover extend all the way up past the bottom of the decklid, I think it would look much better.

I think the only thing really off about the rear is the size of the tail lamps. If they extended further downward instead of having the rear bumper cover extend all the way up past the bottom of the decklid, I think it would look much better.

I dunno, I think the trunklid appears sort of bare. Which is probably why Focus is scripted across the back. Not sure what they should do there, but it only requires a slight modification.

Call me crazy, but I really like the "Junk in the Trunk" look of the Focus, Fusion, MKZ, et. al. The cars definitely create more of a impression from all angles if the rear (the end you see the most) has more substance to it.

Edited by BORG

I would like to see Ford continue with bigger vehicle featurs and offer door keypad feature, puddle lamps, navigation system, more creature features for back seat passengers, and just more features that bigger vehicles have. Since more and more buyters are seeking compact vehicles, they should come with all the features buyers have come to expect on higher end models. The 2008 Focus does have more features than past Focus models, but needs more IMO. Also would like Ford to offer heated front seats as standard feature on SES models.

Why mess with inexplicable success? I'm less than enthused about these changes, because they probably mean introducing the boring Davenetic verve grille. I agree with the comments about lengthening the taillights, but I think the much-maligned front end has a lot to do with the success of this car.

I think they should get rid of the gray plastic around the fog lights and extend the lights into the trunk lid

I dont like how it just stops!! the trunk looks to bare!!!

OH!! and rear headrests :doh:

It was posted right after the '08 came out that rear headrests and ESC would be on the '09's.

Maybe they will add a remote fuel door release to go with the capless fuel system -- with gas at $3.60 and all the reportes of people siphoning gas it might be a good time to add the locking fuel doors back. Though it is difficult to do on most modern cars, you can still do it if you have the time.

Edited by jasonj80

Why mess with inexplicable success? I'm less than enthused about these changes, because they probably mean introducing the boring Davenetic verve grille. I agree with the comments about lengthening the taillights, but I think the much-maligned front end has a lot to do with the success of this car.

I'm split on the changes, While I've warmed up to the styling on the car, but if I had to buy one, I wouldn't. I beleive the success is in-part to its perfect timing with fuel costs and Sync.

If anything, the styling changes will help carry the car till the 2010-11 C2

Yes, IMO, the best exterior feature of new Focus is distinctive front end. The other is the huge trunk for such a small car. I don't like the weird vent either and elimination of heated front seats on cloth interior. Bad move IMO. Somone added ugly wheels, and I concur. Good changes to me would be standard heated seats on SES, a new vent that looks more like new Taurus, better looking wheels with blue oval Ford logo in center, keypad feature, and another mpg in mixed driving. Forget the ST model with bigger engine, just offer it with new Sport Appearance package with same fuel sipper engine. MPG and Sync are probably most important selling features right now. ST model would be waste of valuabe capital. Many like myself don't want to spend $900 for leather seats, but would spend $200 for heated front seats. Bad move when Ford eliminated heated front seats on cloth interior. Horrible move IMO.

During 2007 model year, probaby 30% of Focuses on dealer lot had heated front seats. Now hardly any since many don't want leather seats on Focus. Now its costs about $1200 to have heated seats on economy car. Ford screwed us on that feature.

Yes, IMO, the best exterior feature of new Focus is distinctive front end. The other is the huge trunk for such a small car. I don't like the weird vent either and elimination of heated front seats on cloth interior. Bad move IMO. Somone added ugly wheels, and I concur. Good changes to me would be standard heated seats on SES, a new vent that looks more like new Taurus, better looking wheels with blue oval Ford logo in center, keypad feature, and another mpg in mixed driving. Forget the ST model with bigger engine, just offer it with new Sport Appearance package with same fuel sipper engine. MPG and Sync are probably most important selling features right now. ST model would be waste of valuabe capital. Many like myself don't want to spend $900 for leather seats, but would spend $200 for heated front seats. Bad move when Ford eliminated heated front seats on cloth interior. Horrible move IMO.

During 2007 model year, probaby 30% of Focuses on dealer lot had heated front seats. Now hardly any since many don't want leather seats on Focus. Now its costs about $1200 to have heated seats on economy car. Ford screwed us on that feature.

leather seats are only 695 on the focus and heated is another 110 ish. i too would like heated cloth seats but the option for leather is no where near 1200

are you in Canada, because IIRC the only Focus with Heated cloth seats was the SVT and ST - all others always required leather for heated seats .. but that is in US ..

Igor

You can add the keypad entry system anytime you want. I have it on my 2000 Mustang. As for heated front seats being standard, I'd say no. Don't make something that's a regional option (i.e., really cold weather) standard on a car that's supposed to be low cost.

are you in Canada, because IIRC the only Focus with Heated cloth seats was the SVT and ST - all others always required leather for heated seats .. but that is in US ..

Igor

you could get heated cloth seats in the US. it was part of the winter package that included heated mirrors

you could get heated cloth seats in the US. it was part of the winter package that included heated mirrors

Yep, just about every other 2007 Focus on Metro Detroit lots had winter package. Great deal on that Focus and very popular. 2009 Focus needs that back, especially in Fall when cold weather comes back.

Maybe they will add a remote fuel door release to go with the capless fuel system -- with gas at $3.60 and all the reportes of people siphoning gas it might be a good time to add the locking fuel doors back. Though it is difficult to do on most modern cars, you can still do it if you have the time.

If someone is desparate enough to siphon your gasoline, do you really think they are going to think twice before using a screwdriver to pop open your fuel door to get to it?

I see the locking fuel door on my Mazda as more of a PITA than any sort of convenience/security feature.