- Flex Truck.

FUD

1) The F-150 chop looks great, I like it! The headlights sans step down looks good, along with the body color grille surround.

2) The last thing Dodge/Chrysler needs is another rebadge, let alone a truck rebadge. Their attempt at a Chrysler SUV (Aspen) hasn't been recieved all that well, so why would a Chrysler Ram, IMO?

3) This Flex truck looks great too! I really like it. I like the more sloped front you added to it.

Overall, great work!

if there is one thing i like about the Flex it would have to be peoples' photochops to make it look like an Ute

it looks amazing like that....i love the look of it a lot more than either of the Aus Ute twins

i think it would be great with the surfer/skateboarder crowd or in essence the younger crowd that can't afford a nice big pickup truck

I love the way it looks but of course i would want it to be RWD/AWD

good job on both the F-150 and the Ranchero, th Ram chop looks a little weird, but maybe its because at some angles, the lights on the Ram don't look like they are big and tuff, IDK just my opinion

good job and thanks for the chops

if there is one thing i like about the Flex it would have to be peoples' photochops to make it look like an Ute

it looks amazing like that....i love the look of it a lot more than either of the Aus Ute twins

i think it would be great with the surfer/skateboarder crowd or in essence the younger crowd that can't afford a nice big pickup truck

I love the way it looks but of course i would want it to be RWD/AWD

good job on both the F-150 and the Ranchero, th Ram chop looks a little weird, but maybe its because at some angles, the lights on the Ram don't look like they are big and tuff, IDK just my opinion

good job and thanks for the chops

I think if the G8 "El Camino" does well, Ford should consider making a Flex ute.

I think if the G8 "El Camino" does well, Ford should consider making a Flex ute.

well thats the problem, i don't believe if Ford was to bring back a Ute that it would be based off the Flex although i wish it was style wise as today's sloping front ends of cars don't go well with a pickup

that made me think, can one of you photochop masters do a Interceptor concept Ute?

Edited by Ford-150

well thats the problem, i don't believe if Ford was to bring back a Ute that it would be based off the Flex although i wish it was style wise and today's sloping front ends of cars don't go well with a pickup

that made me think, can one of you photochop masters do a Interceptor concept Ute?

I may be able to work on something after this weekend. States for track are this weekend, so after that I'll have more free time, not to mention I'll be out of school soon (seniors get out earlier than everybody else).

Somebody's likely to get to it before I do, but I'll try to make one when I get a chance.

• 3 weeks later...

The Flex UTE just flat out ROCKS! Label it the Flex Ranger and replace the archaic Ranger we have now.

I had the opportunity to sit in and go over a Flex here recently. And I must say, the vehicle is awesome looking in person and is going to be a hit.

Also, the stereo system KICKS ASS!

The Flex UTE just flat out ROCKS! Label it the Flex Ranger and replace the archaic Ranger we have now.

I had the opportunity to sit in and go over a Flex here recently. And I must say, the vehicle is awesome looking in person and is going to be a hit.

Also, the stereo system KICKS ASS!

Ford would sell so many of those things. I assume the powertain would be the 2.5 I4, 3.5 V6 and maybe the Ecoboost 3.5? Hopefully if produced, it would be RWD and would still have the center console.

Ford would sell so many of those things. I assume the powertain would be the 2.5 I4, 3.5 V6 and maybe the Ecoboost 3.5? Hopefully if produced, it would be RWD and would still have the center console.

You mean the Flex ute/Ranger? Well, I'd think quite a bit of work would be in order to get it to be RWD, but theoretically it could work.

You mean the Flex ute/Ranger? Well, I'd think quite a bit of work would be in order to get it to be RWD, but theoretically it could work.

An AWD would be just fine for what it would be used for. They could make it RWD bias so it feels like RWD. They mentioned a new F100 coming out in 2010, this would sell to the people that don't need a "real" truck but need a bed. Like me, I may need some lumber or cart around some bikes and things like that. But I have no need to tow a trailer, horses, or anything that large.

An AWD would be just fine for what it would be used for. They could make it RWD bias so it feels like RWD. They mentioned a new F100 coming out in 2010, this would sell to the people that don't need a "real" truck but need a bed. Like me, I may need some lumber or cart around some bikes and things like that. But I have no need to tow a trailer, horses, or anything that large.

I think there may be a good market for a "truck" like this. I'm not sure how capable the F-100 will be, but my guess is Ford will shoot for best-in-class, meaning better than Dakota, Canyon, Tacoma, which have grown and can't be directly compared to Ranger anymore. Ford will also have a new Ranger coming out shortly after the F-100, so it may better suit your needs than an F-100.

As far as a Flex ute goes, I'm not sure if Ford would produce one, at least right now. It's a neat idea though, but I like the results (of the chop) and think it could sell in good enough amounts to justify it's existence.