2010 Ford Taurus SHO pic?

mustang84isu

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that really is the 2010 Taurus, its a major improvement over the current car...though I'm suprised at how kinda bland/europeanish the styling is on it, I was expecting something more along the lines of the interceptor look to it.

Though one thing is interesting about the car...which makes me wonder about it is that it has a more European style grill (Same as the upcoming Fiesta) and not the Fusion/Edge type grill...even the next gen Fusion still has form of the razor grill on it.

Anyone want to guess what the clay model is behind it? :P

If that really is the 2010 Taurus, its a major improvement over the current car...though I'm suprised at how kinda bland/europeanish the styling is on it, I was expecting something more along the lines of the interceptor look to it.

Though one thing is interesting about the car...which makes me wonder about it is that it has a more European style grill (Same as the upcoming Fiesta) and not the Fusion/Edge type grill...even the next gen Fusion still has form of the razor grill on it.

Anyone want to guess what the clay model is behind it? :P

I gotta say l can't contain myself here Ford have really pushed the boat out here by adding an extra bar in the grille it shows the Mondeo up, how are Toyota going to react to this could we be entering a new era of 5 bar grilles?

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

I gotta say l can't contain myself here Ford have really pushed the boat out here by adding an extra bar in the grille it shows the Mondeo up, how are Toyota going to react to this could we be entering a new era of 5 bar grilles?

Well, if this is the 2010 Camry, I hope the new Taurus cuts it to ribbons:

toyota_camry_hybrid_new-714501.jpg

This cars blurry photo is going to bring tears to peoples eyes. Ford need to get there photos in focus.

post-46-1207629009.jpg

They should have made the lower air intake larger. It would look more agressive and not as tall. Overall it looks very good. Just not agressive enough.

Makes me think of a cross between a Crown Vic, Mondeo, and Toyota. Right image.

Well, if this is the 2010 Camry, I hope the new Taurus cuts it to ribbons:

toyota_camry_hybrid_new-714501.jpg

Gotta agree with you JPD, the blur of a Taurus looks a million times better than the new Camry, hope it steals the top spot for Ford again and sells 371,000 a year again like it did in 1998.

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

Eh, I don't think Interceptor-type styling would work well on a Taurus. Reserve that sort of muscular design for something with the balls under the hood to support the appearance.

Overall, if this is indeed the 2010 Taurus, good golly Miss Molly, it looks like a huge improvement. There appears to be some interesting sculping to the hood, and the character line down the flanks certainly looks much better than the slab sides on the current one.

Edited by NickF1011

I hate to say it, but it does have the MKS proportions - it also has some similar details, such as the side mirrors.

From this pic, it looks bland and cheap-ish sort of Hyundai / Toyota look

Definitely am expecting more.

Igor

Edited by igor

I hate to say it, but it does have the MKS proportions - it also has some similar details, such as the side mirrors.

From this pic, it looks bland and cheap-ish sort of Hyundai / Toyota look

Definitely am expecting more.

Igor

Ford is trying to make the car appeal to a conservative market. They forget, "You can sell a young mans car to an old man, but you can not sell an old mans car to a young man".

Big improvement.

that is true - it is a big step from what we have now - the body is sculpted into a nice cohesive design - while blandish, it is stylish - I just realized what car it reminded me of: the Hyundai Azera - and I am not 100% sure this is NOT a facelift of the Azera.

Igor

that is true - it is a big step from what we have now - the body is sculpted into a nice cohesive design - while blandish, it is stylish - I just realized what car it reminded me of: the Hyundai Azera - and I am not 100% sure this is NOT a facelift of the Azera.

Igor

OK I take it back - side by side, THIS looks 100% better than the awkward Azera.

BATTYR - I know what you are saying, but I do not want to get TOO critical of the car from a blurry camera picture - there is always beauty in details that can make this car gorgeous, or frumpy - and we cannot tell from this picture.

Igor