2010 Taurus Pictures

saintlaz1

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please tell me there is a manual transmission in the plans some where!!!!!! :)

I noticed that no one has answered Shoman's request. Nick and Jelly get way off track with their fins debate and there are (yes, I know that 82% +/- want ATs in the States - but I am in the 18% +/- that will ONLY buy a car if it has a manual - but I want the goodies options too - which is the only reason I haven't bought a Fusion to date) some of us that would like to know:

Does anyone know if there will be a manual (preferably a 6 speed) available in the the new Taurus?

I noticed that no one has answered Shoman's request. Nick and Jelly get way off track with their fins debate and there are (yes, I know that 82% +/- want ATs in the States - but I am in the 18% +/- that will ONLY buy a car if it has a manual - but I want the goodies options too - which is the only reason I haven't bought a Fusion to date) some of us that would like to know:

Does anyone know if there will be a manual (preferably a 6 speed) available in the the new Taurus?

Manumatic w/ paddle shifters?

I doubt a true manual. At least not with this drive train. Is there a manual in any of the 3.5/3.7s? But if a 3.5 makes to the Mustang as rumored it will need one.

I had a 95 SHO/ 5 speed manual......they just weren't the same car with that crappy automatic (the new 5 and 6 speed automatics are much better!).

Not quite 1950s, but:

1948 Tucker Torpedo .27

1935 Tatra T77 .212

Only 2 I could find that weren't meant to be racers.

Pretty good finds!! Damn that T77 is ugly though. :runaway:

Tucker Torpedo looks like the ultimate gangster ride though.

Both of them have pretty "jellymoulded" bodies though....sorry FJ.

Edited by NickF1011

at this point,I haven't heard of one, I know the new taurus is 6 speed auto unless there is going to be a manual for the SHO

Thanks for the reply. It was pretty much as I figured. Too bad. Personally I think it is a mistake to not address the needs of the sports sedan market (other than the Mustang), but I can understand why (under the circumstances) why they have chosen to concentrate on the larger segment that like automatics.

Looked at a MKS a week or so ago and like verything, and if that was available with manual, I would have bought it. I can get one in a CTS but not one in the MKS.

I guess I'll just have to wait and see for now, but I WILL buy a new car (and would much prefer it to be a Ford) in the next year. But it won't be an automatic. Hope they have something for me.

• 2 weeks later...
What exactly were you attempting to demonstrate with that link? All it proves is that a crapload of power stuffed into a small vehicle is going to be fast. It would have been faster yet if it was more aerodynamic. :finger:

The chap who built said he prefered the shape of Classic American coke bottle shaped cars of the 70's, l guess he would not been seen dead in something like a boring dull very BLAND Mazda 6 Nick maybe.

The chap who built said he prefered the shape of Classic American coke bottle shaped cars of the 70's, l guess he would not been seen dead in something like a boring dull very BLAND Mazda 6 Nick maybe.

His preference. He would probably also like a fox body Mustang over my Cobra. Again, his preference.

Dull and bland Mazda6. :hysterical: Why do you have to make it personal by insulting the car I own? Crybaby.

Again I laugh though. Seriously. Have you LOOKED at a Cortina lately? It's about the dullest turd I've ever seen. :boring:

Picture034.jpg

Another exciting example. Even modified it looks dull. :boring:

So why do you drive a very dull boring bland Mazda 6 and not a Ford then Nick just interested?

Because Ford didn't sell anything with a manual transmission and a V6 other than the Mustang, which I already own one of. Had the Fusion offered one, I would have bought one.

Of course, this is ENTIRELY off topic. Would be glad to discuss it with you in PM's.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure if I ever posted this here, but I did a sketch of what I'd make a new Taurus look like a while back. I believe I did this at some point between when the old Taurus was discontinued and when the Five Hundred was renamed the Taurus. Unfortunately, I don't know exactly when I did it, b/c I didn't date it (stupid me), but I can tell you it was a while ago. Based on the "equipped w/ the Yamaha 4.4L V8" (the one found in the S80), it was probably sometime around when the new 07 S80 came out, or at least when it was announced it would recieve that engine as an option.

Anyways, after looking at the spy pics, I noticed that some of the design features I drew on my picture year or so ago appear eerily similar to what seems to be on the new Taurus. I'll let you guys compare for yourselves, but some things I noticed with these most recent pics were the front end slim headlights w/ a horizontal chrome bar over the grille, as well as the rear end with the lisence plate on the bumper, dual exhausts, and what appears to be a chrome strip running across the trunk lit.

post-28332-1222407739_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
I can honestly say that the \'10 Taurus Door panels look superior to this.

2009_ford_falcon_g_6.jpg

Door panel look strange but work very well.:)

Falcon is built on a shoestring , US$350 million (AUS$500 million) only goes so far when you're developing

a new top hat and front suspension for base luxury and sports sedan and a 1-ton half chassis pickup.

I'm sure Ford NA spent a bucket load on the '10 Taurus, it strategically important.

FoA only sells about 3,700 sedans, 1,100 Utes and 1,000 Territorys each month

where as combined D3 products sell in much greater volumes...........

Edited by jpd80

• 3 weeks later...
Toyota isn't posting any losses either. How many of their cars have fins?

Most Americans who love cars from the 1950's were those who were alive in the 1950's.

And haven't gotton over the 50's! :o

Add fender skirts and continental kits to that list of styling trends that should be banned.

greg_hlinka_tbird-3.jpg