From SLAP

captamrica

These are pictures of the last unit built going down 7-Line at SLAP and what it looked like after we were empty. They gave us all a diposable camera to take pictures with so pardon the quality. After it passed your work station you were instructed to go to the "startup room" to turn in your badge (and any other eqipment they issued you i.e. coveralls, radio, scanner,etc.) then leave the plant and that was it, boom it was over.

Did not know what to expect when it ended but many of us agreed that this was not how we thought it would end. Turn in your badge to a sole supervisor and go home with instruction to bring the slip of paper with you and a photo ID to pick up your last check. Without the outprocess form showing you cleared without any charges you would not be given your last check. It sucked! :(

post-21218-1141915397_thumb.jpgpost-21218-1141915714_thumb.jpgpost-21218-1141915512_thumb.jpg

Futher in this thread I copied and posted the buyout offers we recaived at SLAP as well as a copy of the transfer survey which specifically states they will offer more of these offers at KCAP and LAP to make room for any transfers from SLAP.

Edited by Captamrica

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope everything works out for the best for all of the SLAP employees. Do you know if anyone and how many signed up to come to KC? Just curious. I am currently off of work until at least the 23rd, so if any of the people who signed up want to come and get acclimated to the Kansas City area, I will be at your disposal.

Best of luck to all the SLAP employees affected by these terrible plant closings. I hope each and every one of you can transfer to another plant or find a good job somewhere. I would have never believed we would all be in such a mess, but here we are. Plants like mine, NAP, are just holding on the best we can and waiting for the "Million Dollar Man" to make his next announcements.......They tell us that no decisions have been made yet but I wonder if that's true, probably not...........I pray every day for those whose plants are closing and for those that will be closing................

Best of luck to all the SLAP employees affected by these terrible plant closings. I hope each and every one of you can transfer to another plant or find a good job somewhere. I would have never believed we would all be in such a mess, but here we are. Plants like mine, NAP, are just holding on the best we can and waiting for the "Million Dollar Man" to make his next announcements.......They tell us that no decisions have been made yet but I wonder if that's true, probably not...........I pray every day for those whose plants are closing and for those that will be closing................

AMEN BROTHER

Thanks for the pics,and the memories

As soon as I get mine developed I should have a pic of the last unit as it went through UNI-METS with the crew

It rolled buy 7- line at 12:15 and off the end of 9-Line at 2:15. I brought my sharpee to work and everyone on 7-Line signed it as we did the last Aerostar and the last Aviater. It was pretty sad ,many of us hopped in and got our picture taken with the last vehicle. Then we were instructed to report to the startup room to turn in our badges and any other equipment FoMoCo issued us(coveralls,radio,scanner,etc.). Then we were to leave the building and that was it, for me 18 years over like that. This was how it had been ending for everyone else as it rolled past their workstation throughout the day.

Seemed kind of surreal, like it was not really happening and this was not our last day together. Many of us talked about how it was ending, this was not the way we thought it would be, not that we really knew how it would end but just not so trivial like.(can't find the right word to explain it).

Talked with the trades and they said they were here until the 21st and that was it for them. They were to drain all the fluid systems in the plant (kind of like draining the blood from the dead body, in preparation for burial, if you ask me). They did not even know if firewatch was going to scheduled.

To all my friends, acquaintances, and co-workers, thank you for some of the best and worst memories of my life. I am happy to have shared them with you and hope someday we can share some more. I smoked your cigars when your children were born, listened to the stories as they grew (told many myself, and if you know me, man did I tell many)and left for college or ended up here with us. I wish you all well and good luck with whatever you choose, God Bless you and yours!!

Words are really hard to express how we feel here at Wixom. It is clear that we are going to be in your position soon but for many we try to make lite of a sad future. All of us want to wish you the best and to tell you we feel you pain.

I dont want to sound insensivtive to your situation but we at Wixom are in the dark as to what has transpired at your plant since the announcement. The company wont tell us nothing except they are cutting everything. The International has not sent anyone to answer our questions. Our barginnig commitee has had to go to Edison and ask their officials what happened to them. How What When are not answered.

One question I have is What kind of shut down crew do they have. Are they keeping elect. pf. mw. powerhouse ect. Are they breaking down equip for sale. Is the Plant going to be torn down and on and on. Buy out info is a mystery except what we read here.

If anyone cares to respone to us here at Wixom we would appreiciate your input and if not we understand.

Thanks,

Butt

Words are really hard to express how we feel here at Wixom. It is clear that we are going to be in your position soon but for many we try to make lite of a sad future. All of us want to wish you the best and to tell you we feel you pain.

I dont want to sound insensivtive to your situation but we at Wixom are in the dark as to what has transpired at your plant since the announcement. The company wont tell us nothing except they are cutting everything. The International has not sent anyone to answer our questions. Our barginnig commitee has had to go to Edison and ask their officials what happened to them. How What When are not answered.

One question I have is What kind of shut down crew do they have. Are they keeping elect. pf. mw. powerhouse ect. Are they breaking down equip for sale. Is the Plant going to be torn down and on and on. Buy out info is a mystery except what we read here.

If anyone cares to respone to us here at Wixom we would appreiciate your input and if not we understand.

Thanks,

Butt

Believe me All of the Hearts and Minds of the Folks at SLAP HAVE NOT forgotten about our Brothers and Sisters that are in and about to go through what we just did. God Bless You's and HOLD YOUR HEADS HIGH, because you know as well as we do, that the workforce had nothing to do with the decision to shut down our plants.

According to the contract that the Union and the Company agreed to: the plant is 'idled' not closed, until it is closed supposedly no major equipment can be removed. There are still a very skeleton crew inside of skilled trades, lights out though! (I'm trying to answer the questions as I read your schtuff) The plant itself as far as I know has to stay intact until the next contract and even then it will depend on what is negotiated.

I hope this helps!?! Good Luck to you, but don't be afraid to ask anybody anything that concerns your livelihood, that's what we're here for, right? The closer you get to D-Day, hopefully, the more info you'll get, for some reason it's all a big secret until the end.

Can anyone tell me anything about the plant manager at SLAP?

Tankersly, ask some LAP folk, they'll know more, they had him longer than SLAP did, I think.

When they closed the Edison assembly plant in Jersey they raffled off the last 2 trucks off the line to the employees of the building. An hourly employee got 1, and a salaried employee got the other. Did they do that @ SLAP?

No, would've been nice though!

I work at LAP. Tanksley(sp?) was OK...he seemed to be community oriented. Always looking to get involved with a Breast Cancer Walk, Juvenile Diabetes, and so on. He was more visible than our current PM, Joe Bobnar, who came from SLAP. Our PMs swapped positions because Tanksley was close to retirement. He knew he would retire when SLAP closed. At least that's why I heard he left.

I wouldn't give either one of them high marks. It's been a while since we had a GREAT PM.

I had this link sent to me by a close friend. I too worked at SLAP. Some of you may know me, I was a maintenance electrician and then I was in charge of the infrared program for several years. You probably saw me on my litte yellow scooter and carrying an infrared camera. Last year I went out on medical disability and was recently granted full medical disability retirement.

I went to the plant yesterday to say good-bye to my friends that I had worked with for the last 20 years. The last vehicle was just going up 5 line when I was there. It was very sad.

My personal feelings are that Ford betrayed us. The FPS program was a crock of you know that. SLAP excelled in every category over any other plant, but they still shut us down. :(

I want to wish everyone the best of luck. Ford was very good to us for many years. We had a very good run.

I have my own website (non-Ford). You guys are more than wellcome to come visit and give me a call at anytime.

Good luck and best wishes.

Frank Calmes

www.crossedflags.com

post-22458-1141962933_thumb.jpg

Edited by fcalmes

Thanks,

Butt

I have the two buy out offers with me and will scan all the documents in the morning and attach them to my next post. Usually around 6:00AM. You can read what the offers spell out there pretty detailed, about 6 pages each. I am not close enough to retire so I did not grab that paperwork. I also have the transfer survey that was asked if we would consider KCA or LAP. I'll scan that in to so you can see they are talking about buyout packages and early retirement packages there as well to make room for any of us who would transfer.(it specifically states this as it's objective)

I talked to some of the trades as well as the JAC and they were all supposed to be done by the 21st of March. Their main function was to bleed out all fluids from the systems and remove flammables from the plant. To their knowledge there was not even any firewatch personell scheduled. Supposedly security personell were to take over that responsibility.

If you read my earlier post you will see how the last day went down. Very uneventful and quite.

According to our contract and an agreement made with the State of Missouri FoMoCo can not start to remove equipment or tear down the plant until our contract ends in 07. They took state tax cuts and special incentive money from the state with the promise that they would not CLOSE the plant until then, so we are IDLED, not officially closed. So it will sit as is until then. :(

I'll get that scan in in the morning good night. :boring:

I hope everything works out for the best for all of the SLAP employees. Do you know if anyone and how many signed up to come to KC? Just curious. I am currently off of work until at least the 23rd, so if any of the people who signed up want to come and get acclimated to the Kansas City area, I will be at your disposal.

Lay off , Injury? Hope your okay! :unsure:

These are pictures of the last unit built going down 7-Line at SLAP and what it looked like after we were empty. They gave us all a diposable camera to take pictures with so pardon the quality. After it passed your work station you were instructed to go to the "startup room" to turn in your badge (and any other eqipment they issued you i.e. coveralls, radio, scanner,etc.) then leave the plant and that was it, boom it was over.

Did not know what to expect when it ended but many of us agreed that this was not how we thought it would end. Turn in your badge to a sole supervisor and go home with instruction to bring the slip of paper with you and a photo ID to pick up your last check. Without the outprocess form showing you cleared without any charges you would not be given your last check. It sucked! :(

post-21218-1141915397_thumb.jpgpost-21218-1141915714_thumb.jpgpost-21218-1141915512_thumb.jpg

The floggings will continue until the morale improves :rolleyes: What a bunch of insensitive bastards. What did Junior and company think- that you guys would tear up the place if you wern't removed? Let's hope the whole executive team of this company will be treated the same way one day. In the meantime good luck.

I work at LAP. Tanksley(sp?) was OK...he seemed to be community oriented. Always looking to get involved with a Breast Cancer Walk, Juvenile Diabetes, and so on. He was more visible than our current PM, Joe Bobnar, who came from SLAP. Our PMs swapped positions because Tanksley was close to retirement. He knew he would retire when SLAP closed. At least that's why I heard he left.

I wouldn't give either one of them high marks. It's been a while since we had a GREAT PM.

Both Tanksley and Bobnar spent time at KCAP, of course it has been several years ago. Tanksley used to be in Comm paint (truck) and when I hired in Jo Bob was senior engineer in Comm final. Both were well respected here and were men you could talk to. I would like to have either back to KC any time. I think with either one the open door policy would return to the plant and maybe moral would improve maybe...

Can anyone tell me anything about the plant manager at SLAP?

WHY?? is it his fault SLAP closed? NO it's not

If it's anyones fault it is our politicians for enacting free trade laws.

It is the UAW's fault also

flashback 1992 The UAW said vote for Clinton he has promised not to sign NAFTA

WELL THE FIRST BILL HE SIGNED WAS NAFTA!!!!!PASSED BY A DEMOCRATIC HOUSE AND SENATE!!!!!!

They should have backed Perot now were in the 9th inning with 2 outs and Bush has the Thailand free trade bill on the mound and he has a 0-2 count on us all.

So stop blaming plant managers and local unions and the international union and blame who is at fault!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

call your congressmen tell them to vote NO,NO,NO,NO on this bill.

And call the UAW and tell them to back a pres. canidate like Edwards,or Kucinich,Byah they have all said that NAFTA must go. and tell them please no more canidates like the last 2.

WHY?? is it his fault SLAP closed? NO it's not

If it's anyones fault it is our politicians for enacting free trade laws.

It is the UAW's fault also

flashback 1992 The UAW said vote for Clinton he has promised not to sign NAFTA

WELL THE FIRST BILL HE SIGNED WAS NAFTA!!!!!PASSED BY A DEMOCRATIC HOUSE AND SENATE!!!!!!

They should have backed Perot now were in the 9th inning with 2 outs and Bush has the Thailand free trade bill on the mound and he has a 0-2 count on us all.

So stop blaming plant managers and local unions and the international union and blame who is at fault!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

call your congressmen tell them to vote NO,NO,NO,NO on this bill.

And call the UAW and tell them to back a pres. canidate like Edwards,or Kucinich,Byah they have all said that NAFTA must go. and tell them please no more canidates like the last 2.

Who's blaming the plant manager at SLAP for anything? I just asked what he was like.

Thanks,

Butt

I'll respond to any and all questions. This is about people. People getting hurt, any help I can provide I will. Many of us talked about what effect this will have on all of us. You can bet there will be suicides, drug overdoses, DUI's and all sorts of things because of this, whether accidental or on purpose. Some will take this money and think their rich and burn through it in months with nothing left. I hope and pray for all of us in this very trying time.

Here is the buyout and transfer information we received as I said with only 18 years I did not get the retirement package paperwork, I think there were 2 or 3 to choose from. We had from February 21 through March 8, 2006 to make a decision. You have until April 1 to change your mind and withdraw your choice but thats all you can not change to another offer only withdraw and you then will be on layoff/ GEN until the contracts end. The buyouts will be processed on April 1st and you will receive your check in 4 to 5 weeks. I hope this helps, if you have any other questions fire away, I have a lot of time on my hands. :)post-21218-1142001454_thumb.jpgpost-21218-1142001592_thumb.jpgpost-21218-1142001765_thumb.jpgpost-21218-1142001877_thumb.jpgpost-21218-1142002013_thumb.jpg

Edited by Captamrica

then will be on layoff/ GEN until the contracts end.

With so many people in the GEN program, I wonder how long the funding will last until it runs dry. There is a posibility, JMHO, that it could run out before the next contact. There is only so much money in there. :(

Frank Calmes

www.crossedflags.com

Did not have room on other post for all attachments. Had problems out the a** trying to post them been working on it for 2 hours. I finally used .jpg and posted them as pictures. These are the education program buyout, the transfer and $100,000 ones are on the above post. For some reason it won't let me post them other documents. I add the attachment and it loads them goes back like I have not done anything. Any help!!! I getting pretty pissed at this. Okay I got them posted Geeeze.post-21218-1142004169_thumb.jpgpost-21218-1142004264_thumb.jpgpost-21218-1142004315_thumb.jpgpost-21218-1142004453_thumb.jpgpost-21218-1142004528_thumb.jpg

Edited by Captamrica