Shut Down time for Wayne Assembly

Emigh

Many of us want to take vacations (since we have to use our vacation time for shutdown). But the union and management has said on the quiet that they don't know when our shut down will be. Could be two weeks later than usual. And of course, no one has made an announcement. People are making reservations, plane tickets etc. which could be in jeopardy if they change the time.

Many of us want to take vacations (since we have to use our vacation time for shutdown). But the union and management has said on the quiet that they don't know when our shut down will be. Could be two weeks later than usual. And of course, no one has made an announcement. People are making reservations, plane tickets etc. which could be in jeopardy if they change the time.

Should be July 7 and 14 according to MP&L schedual........company wide, except Kansas City Truck

Should be July 7 and 14 according to MP&L schedual........company wide, except Kansas City Truck

I will be transfering to KCAP from Nashville within the next couple of months. I always plan vacations to, just wondering if you might know if and when KCAP is going to have their down?

I will be transfering to KCAP from Nashville within the next couple of months. I always plan vacations to, just wondering if you might know if and when KCAP is going to have their down?

Hi ngp roots,

We haven't heard anything definite yet just rumors of the last week of July and the first week of August and the first 2 weeks of August. As soon as we hear for sure, I will post it...

Peeps

I asked one of the big bosses and he said July 3rd would be our last day. But the Union says that they can change it anytime until April.Ask the Union and they say they don't know anything yet.. Of course that is their answer for anything.We got sent home on Fri. at 11:27. I asked my committeeman on Monday why we were sent home, he said that he was not in on Fri. and has heard two different reason. Now, wouldn't you think he would want to be able to tell his brothers and sisters what happened, just in case they asked.

I asked one of the big bosses and he said July 3rd would be our last day. But the Union says that they can change it anytime until April.Ask the Union and they say they don't know anything yet.. Of course that is their answer for anything.We got sent home on Fri. at 11:27. I asked my committeeman on Monday why we were sent home, he said that he was not in on Fri. and has heard two different reason. Now, wouldn't you think he would want to be able to tell his brothers and sisters what happened, just in case they asked.

Since when is knowing why you were sent homa a contractual issue?????

I never said it was contractual. What I said was, he should have cared enough to be informed, in case some one asked him. "I don't know" is not acceptable from a comitteeman.

That is what I am getting at. The commitee person is there to represent you for contractual violations!

On the union calender passed out at my plant it shows the weeks of July 7 and 14

Hey Winer! Why don't you take a minute to read the National agreeement in regards to shut down notification and not waste our time posting this shit. If you need to be sure of a specific time for reseverations, you can schedule vacation time to cover until the company announces a date which has to be done by April.

Hey Winer! Why don't you take a minute to read the National agreeement in regards to shut down notification and not waste our time posting this shit. If you need to be sure of a specific time for reseverations, you can schedule vacation time to cover until the company announces a date which has to be done by April.

Hey Shit kicker! Who asked you!!!! When shutdown is the same year after year, and then all of a sudden it changes, we as employees have a right to know. Just because you don't have a life, doesn't mean other people don't have have one. This a just an example of the union withholding imformation from us. I am sure that our plant chairman has already made his vacation plans along with his entire family.And as far as the contract goes, apparently we are going by the new contract, but we at Wayne Assembly have yet to see a copy of it. Just another example of the union withhold information. So why don't you just shut the f--k up and go eat another donut. Reaper? Closer to Weeper!

Hey Shit kicker! Who asked you!!!! When shutdown is the same year after year, and then all of a sudden it changes, we as employees have a right to know. Just because you don't have a life, doesn't mean other people don't have have one. This a just an example of the union withholding imformation from us. I am sure that our plant chairman has already made his vacation plans along with his entire family.And as far as the contract goes, apparently we are going by the new contract, but we at Wayne Assembly have yet to see a copy of it. Just another example of the union withhold information. So why don't you just shut the f--k up and go eat another donut. Reaper? Closer to Weeper!

By the sounds of it you are management, so why don't you just ask in a staff meeting when shut down is.. If you are in fact a UAW member, than please read you contract again and stop you useless whining... :happy feet:

By the sounds of it you are management, so why don't you just ask in a staff meeting when shut down is.. If you are in fact a UAW member, than please read you contract again and stop you useless whining... :happy feet:

:ohsnap:

The Union leadership you have at Wayne are properly representing you and the membership. The company has until April 1st to notify the shutdown dates and people working the shutdown.

We all know how things change daily with management.

Once management produces the shutdown "officially signed by the HR manager" letter then the Union will inform you of the dates with a signed document to back it up.

Hope this helps.......

The Union leadership you have at Wayne are properly representing you and the membership. The company has until April 1st to notify the shutdown dates and people working the shutdown.

Once management produces the shutdown "officially signed by the HR manager" letter then the Union will inform you of the dates with a signed document to back it up.

Hope this helps.......

Yes, it does. Thanks so much for the response.

Hey why dont you demand that the union come out and engrave the contract into your ramp so you dont have to hold the book while you read it? I mean if you were to get hurt checking into work related issues on your own time you might not be covered under comp. :stirpot:

Hey why dont you demand that the union come out and engrave the contract into your ramp so you dont have to hold the book while you read it? I mean if you were to get hurt checking into work related issues on your own time you might not be covered under comp. :stirpot:

OMG! It is the useless one!When did you decide to crawl out from under the desk?And what were you doing there?And who was in the chair above you? Go back to your rock! We neither want or need your mindless, cretin comments!

Hope this helps.......

The Union leadership you have at Wayne are properly representing you and the membership.

now that is funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hysterical: