Wow so many problems

dirtyred2

I got a 07 as well and i got the bump clunk too and i was told it was the torque converter doing that. And yes my rear glass leaks alittle bit and my engine sometime shakes alittle ruff not all the time though and yes i have window noise too. LOL damn El Lover you got fuel problems too now thats really mess up. Seeing that im a ex ford work i was saying this is my last ford just cause i dont work for them anymore now im really starting to think that now. Ford better get their mess together cause it wont take long for people to quit buy this thing cause of the trans problem and leaks. I hate to say whats next to go? I was rearended twice starting to wonder do the brakelights work lol or these people just cant drive worth a crap. First rearend cause $560 damage and the second was a love tap. Anyway, if there are anymore problems that we all should know about please share with the rest. THANKS 8)

post-26206-1199001920_thumb.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a 07 as well and i got the bump clunk too and i was told it was the torque converter doing that. And yes my rear glass leaks alittle bit and my engine sometime shakes alittle ruff not all the time though and yes i have window noise too. LOL damn El Lover you got fuel problems too now thats really mess up. Seeing that im a ex ford work i was saying this is my last ford just cause i dont work for them anymore now im really starting to think that now. Ford better get their mess together cause it wont take long for people to quit buy this thing cause of the trans problem and leaks. I hate to say whats next to go? I was rearended twice starting to wonder do the brakelights work lol or these people just cant drive worth a crap. First rearend cause $560 damage and the second was a love tap. Anyway, if there are anymore problems that we all should know about please share with the rest. THANKS 8)

If you have a lemon turn it in and Ford will have to buy it back by giving you back all that you have paid. Our quality is up 93% but their is always going to be the exception! Something seems queer about your post, mainly the fact that you are not handling any problems with the dealer while your vehicle is under warranty. Rather you are coming here to bash our products. My wife had an 06' and all I could bitch about was MPG, you just sighted a slew of problems as is they are suppose to be common or something. Also your suggesting that others should not buy Fords, why haven't these beefs been taken up with your dealer? Call your dealer and let them know what is up and keep us posted!

Despite the way it seems here, the problems are not common. There are no common problems listed on consumer guide.

If you have a lemon turn it in and Ford will have to buy it back by giving you back all that you have paid. Our quality is up 93% but their is always going to be the exception! Something seems queer about your post, mainly the fact that you are not handling any problems with the dealer while your vehicle is under warranty. Rather you are coming here to bash our products. My wife had an 06' and all I could bitch about was MPG, you just sighted a slew of problems as is they are suppose to be common or something. Also your suggesting that others should not buy Fords, why haven't these beefs been taken up with your dealer? Call your dealer and let them know what is up and keep us posted!

If you read the other post here about others expeditions you would know that they all have try going back to the dealership to get their trucks fix and yet nothing has happen yet. That friend i was talking about tell me that it was the torque converter is a Ford service manager. As for the leaking window no one has gotten theres fix yet. If i wanted to bash ford i can but i didnt. All i stated was damn so many problems that ive read about from other about their 07s Exp. Well if you read the other post here mostly everyone has the same problem so how can you say its not common. As for the tsb on the tranny, it really doesnt fix anything as other post have stated that it didnt work. Furious before you get you all on the defensive about my post you should try reading other post first like i did before making one. As for my statement about not buying another ford that my choice. How many people who plants closed when out and brought a new ford truck or car? And how many people you know have said they will never buy other ford again after ford closed down their plant? If people spend their hard earn money on something and they have to take their truck back to the dealership over and over and over again for the same thing.How many people you know is going to go back to the same vehicle or same company again? Dont lie and say most would cause not everyone has A plan so before you get defensive about someone bashing ford you should think first before typing. Also one last thing i never stated that i didnt take my truck back to ford i was making a general statement of the problems so many others are having.

If people spend their hard earn money on something and they have to take their truck back to the dealership over and over and over again for the same thing.How many people you know is going to go back to the same vehicle or same company again? Dont lie and say most would cause not everyone has A plan so before you get defensive about someone bashing ford you should think first before typing. Also one last thing i never stated that i didnt take my truck back to ford i was making a general statement of the problems so many others are having.

This makes you a fool, the lemon law is three times for the same major problem, your torque converter is a drivetrain problem and qualifies you to lemon law it. Call a lawyer and then contact the dealer and let them know thay will hear from your lawyer if you have any balls! I wouldn't tolerate what you claim from any automaker. As for choice you are correct, but you have not taken the necessary steps to rectify the problem, but instead come here to tell others not to buy a Ford. If you worked here and took a buyout then that explains why our quality is increasing, you to lazy to do what needs to be done. God Bless you!

Edited by Furious1Auto

This makes you a fool, the lemon law is three times for the same major problem, your torque converter is a drivetrain problem and qualifies you to lemon law it. Call a lawyer and then contact the dealer and let them know thay will hear from your lawyer if you have any balls! I wouldn't tolerate what you claim from any automaker. As for choice you are correct, but you have not taken the necessary steps to rectify the problem, bgut instead come here to tell others not to buy a Ford. If you worked here and took a buyout then that explains why our quality is increasing, you to lazy to do what needs to be done. God Bless you!

LOL you make me laugh here it is youre attacking me for making a post about so many problems that others have had about their trucks. You know what amazes me that if someone comes here for help or make a comment about something every ford employee thinks someone is blasting them or something. And you guys wonder why people dont wanna support ford products, Lots of people know about this website and they read the stuff like this and they get turn off by the attacks. Some of the people here dont work at ford and when they see this crap youre typing. I brought this truck cause of the loyality i had for ford and to support my friends that stayed with ford. Even though the truck has problem its nothing major enough to put me or my family at risk. As long as my truck dont break down on me im cool with it and its problems. Youre so dumb that you dont realize buying a truck or car puts money in your pocket. Thanks for helping me decide on not to support Ford again. And I never told anyone not to buy ford products i stated why should people buy the same truck again if they cant get the problem fix and go thru the same thing all over again. You so quick to claim lemon law lol dummy thats not a good thing for a brand new truck when ford is struggling to keep market share. If your quality was so damn good then most people here wouldnt have anything in common like tranny problems,leaking rear glass, air door noise and etc. Please explain that then since your so smart and you wanna blast me.

LOL you make me laugh here it is youre attacking me for making a post about so many problems that others have had about their trucks. You know what amazes me that if someone comes here for help or make a comment about something every ford employee thinks someone is blasting them or something. And you guys wonder why people dont wanna support ford products, Lots of people know about this website and they read the stuff like this and they get turn off by the attacks. Some of the people here dont work at ford and when they see this crap youre typing. I brought this truck cause of the loyality i had for ford and to support my friends that stayed with ford. Even though the truck has problem its nothing major enough to put me or my family at risk. As long as my truck dont break down on me im cool with it and its problems. Youre so dumb that you dont realize buying a truck or car puts money in your pocket. Thanks for helping me decide on not to support Ford again. And I never told anyone not to buy ford products i stated why should people buy the same truck again if they cant get the problem fix and go thru the same thing all over again. You so quick to claim lemon law lol dummy thats not a good thing for a brand new truck when ford is struggling to keep market share. If your quality was so damn good then most people here wouldnt have anything in common like tranny problems,leaking rear glass, air door noise and etc. Please explain that then since your so smart and you wanna blast me.

Ok, let me make this very simple and very clear. These problems are not that common. People come on the internet to talk about vehicles for one of three reasons. They really like it, they really hate it, or there is something wrong with it. The majority of people do not come and post about their vehicles. This makes it look as if the problems are bad. Do I hope they get fixed? Yeah. Do I wish they weren't there? Yeah.

Despite that, the majority of people will never have a major problem. Also, you should be taking these problems to be addressed at the dealer. Complaining on here will get you no where. I'm not sure what kind of help you are expecting to get. There is nothing anyone here can do about what you say. Only a dealer or Ford can help.

Edited by suv_guy_19

Ok, let me make this very simple and very clear. These problems are not that common. People come on the internet to talk about vehicles for one of three reasons. They really like it, they really hate it, or there is something wrong with it. The majority of people do not come and post about their vehicles. This makes it look as if the problems are bad. Do I hope they get fixed? Yeah. Do I wish they weren't there? Yeah.

Despite that, the majority of people will never have a major problem. Also, you should be taking these problems to be addressed at the dealer. Complaining on here will get you know where. I'm not sure what kind of help you are expecting to get. There is nothing anyone here can do about what you say. Only a dealer or Ford can.

He is another pcsario clone only he claims to have worked for Ford! Same sh-t different user! If he was asking how to address a problem I would direct him, but it is obvious that he is not anything more than another troll! dirtyred2 take your a-s to the dealer to address your problems if you even own a Ford or shut the f-ck up! I can see why no one would ever blah, blah, blah! This is getting rediculous, how many new account Ford bashers have shown up latley! We must be scaring the competition!

Edited by Furious1Auto

he is another pcsario clone only he claims to have worked for Ford! Same sh-t different user! If he was asking how to address a problem I would direct him, but it is obvious that he is not anything more than another troll! dirtyred2 take your a-s to the dealer to address your problems if you even own a Ford or shut the f-ck up! I can see why no one would ever blah, blah, blah! This is getting rediculous, how many new account Ford bashers have shown up latley! We must be scaring the competition!

first off Furious, you have claimed to be a Ford employee, does Ford know how you are treating there customers and/or future clients?? Don't claim to be an employee and then talk shit about someone because they are having problems with there new Ford Truck. Sure the guy needs to take his truck to a dealership to get it fixed and documented as a problem, but my results with fixing my transmission have been pretty piss poor. Ford is aware my truck has a problem...yet they seem unwilling to find the root of it. I have seen posts from you Furious before and you make all these claims and then all of a sudden quit posting all together for a while, when people start questioning your identity. If you were truly and good FORD employee you wouldn't be talking shit about a current client and possible future client. Buying a new car isnt a small purchase. You may have just caused ford to lose another future sale!!! Oh ya by the way LEMON LAW IS DIFFERENT IT ALMOST EVERY STATE and is a huge pain in the ass.

I for one believe the guy. I have an 07 FOrd expedition and have had transmission problems since day three of owing the truck. The sticker on my truck was right over 40K. My truck has been to the dealership 5 times for the exact same thing, and FORD continues to do tsb updates on the programming, I have asked for a new transmission and instead they think the programming will solve the current problem (which it hasn't this last time or the previous 4 times). The dealership is trying there best to fix it, but ford is unwilling to replace the whole transmission. why?

Everytime I take my truck in, I am out a vehicle for the day or two it takes them to attempt to fix it. I am in outside sales...so I need a reliable vehicle to get me from point A to point B. After all these tranny problems I have had, how long do you think my transmission will last....do you actually think it will make it to 100K? I doubt it. Should I spend another $1400 purchasing the extended warranty....so I don't get screwed another time. I don't have the answer yet.

I do know that if this last tsb update did not fix the shifitng issues I am having........Ford will either be replacing the full transmission or be buying my $40K truck back from me, whether I have to get a lawyer or not.

The tsbs are not for all Expeditions. This is a major problem, but if it was widespread there would be an entry on consumer guide.

Not sure about your consumer guide. And does it matter if not all Expys are covered under the TSB's? They have a major problem with them and don't know how to fix it. The OP is not imaging this problem IMO. He got the same response many people have gotten when taking it in.

Not sure about your consumer guide. And does it matter if not all Expys are covered under the TSB's? They have a major problem with them and don't know how to fix it. The OP is not imaging this problem IMO. He got the same response many people have gotten when taking it in.

I understand that, but what I'm saying is that not all Expeditions have the problem and most likely not even the majority. I hope they soon have a fix.

Our Fire Chief just got a new Expedition:

IMG_0257.jpg

And while driving it to a medical the other day, this is what I noted:

1. The tranny has a mind of it's own. Very erratic shifting...and it seems like it takes way too long to get into gear when shifting from park to drive, or reverse to drive, etc.

2. At speeds of 40+, you can hear wind noise from the drivers door.

3. The "Expedition" sticker on the drivers door is pealing off.

4. When I got back to the station, I put it into reverse and it was like when you have the clutch half in on a stick shift car. You can give it gas, and the engine revs...but the car hardly moves. Thats what this Expedition did. I put it park, then reverse and it did not do it again.

5. There is a rattle somewhere in the drivers door.

Not what I would expect from ANY vehicle with 5K-6K on it.

On the flip side, our old Expedition picture below has non of these problems and it has 27K-30K on it. And the dash does not sound hollow either.

IMG_0104.jpg

Edited by P71_CrownVic

first off Furious, you have claimed to be a Ford employee, does Ford know how you are treating there customers and/or future clients?? Don't claim to be an employee and then talk shit about someone because they are having problems with there new Ford Truck. Sure the guy needs to take his truck to a dealership to get it fixed and documented as a problem, but my results with fixing my transmission have been pretty piss poor. Ford is aware my truck has a problem...yet they seem unwilling to find the root of it. I have seen posts from you Furious before and you make all these claims and then all of a sudden quit posting all together for a while, when people start questioning your identity. If you were truly and good FORD employee you wouldn't be talking shit about a current client and possible future client. Buying a new car isnt a small purchase. You may have just caused ford to lose another future sale!!! Oh ya by the way LEMON LAW IS DIFFERENT IT ALMOST EVERY STATE and is a huge pain in the ass.

I for one believe the guy. I have an 07 FOrd expedition and have had transmission problems since day three of owing the truck. The sticker on my truck was right over 40K. My truck has been to the dealership 5 times for the exact same thing, and FORD continues to do tsb updates on the programming, I have asked for a new transmission and instead they think the programming will solve the current problem (which it hasn't this last time or the previous 4 times). The dealership is trying there best to fix it, but ford is unwilling to replace the whole transmission. why?

Everytime I take my truck in, I am out a vehicle for the day or two it takes them to attempt to fix it. I am in outside sales...so I need a reliable vehicle to get me from point A to point B. After all these tranny problems I have had, how long do you think my transmission will last....do you actually think it will make it to 100K? I doubt it. Should I spend another $1400 purchasing the extended warranty....so I don't get screwed another time. I don't have the answer yet.

I do know that if this last tsb update did not fix the shifitng issues I am having........Ford will either be replacing the full transmission or be buying my $40K truck back from me, whether I have to get a lawyer or not.

You, sir...need a Tahoe. thumbsup.gif

Our Fire Chief just got a new Expedition:

IMG_0257.jpg

And while driving it to a medical the other day, this is what I noted:

1. The tranny has a mind of it's own. Very erratic shifting...and it seems like it takes way too long to get into gear when shifting from park to drive, or reverse to drive, etc.

2. At speeds of 40+, you can hear wind noise from the drivers door.

3. The "Expedition" sticker on the drivers door is pealing off.

4. When I got back to the station, I put it into reverse and it was like when you have the clutch half in on a stick shift car. You can give it gas, and the engine revs...but the car hardly moves. Thats what this Expedition did. I put it park, then reverse and it did not do it again.

5. There is a rattle somewhere in the drivers door.

Not what I would expect from ANY vehicle with 5K-6K on it.

On the flip side, our old Expedition picture below has non of these problems and it has 27K-30K on it. And the dash does not sound hollow either.

IMG_0104.jpg

Well, first, I have news for you, the dash is hollow, that where the airbag is. Second, quit tapping on the dash, thats weird. The dash certainly looks better than the old one and to most people that is what matters. That type of harder material is also more durable.

Now I have a question. Who was driving the Expedition? If it is not the normal driver, it will seem strange no matter what, as it has not learned your driving style. The Wind noise does need to be fixed as does the rattle in the door, unless it was something in the door pocket.

Why haven't you lemon lawed?

Now I have a question. Who was driving the Expedition? If it is not the normal driver, it will seem strange no matter what, as it has not learned your driving style.

Driving style my ass. It shouldn't be "slipping" when in reverse and shifting very erratically between 1-2 and 2-1.

Oh...I forgot...it also doesn't have a CHEAP IN INEXPENSIVE hook to keep the gas cap from destroying the paint right below the fuel door.

Driving style my ass. It shouldn't be "slipping" when in reverse and shifting very erratically between 1-2 and 2-1.

Oh...I forgot...it also doesn't have a CHEAP IN INEXPENSIVE hook to keep the gas cap from destroying the paint right below the fuel door.

It will shift strange if it is not the normal driver, but your right it should not be slipping. As for the hook, besides the pictures you showed, I have never seen that happen.

It will shift strange if it is not the normal driver, but your right it should not be slipping. As for the hook, besides the pictures you showed, I have never seen that happen.

No, I mean that it has no such hook to hold the gas cap out of the way while fueling.

I will take a picture of my grandma's Rainier to show what I am talking about.

No, I mean that it has no such hook to hold the gas cap out of the way while fueling.

I will take a picture of my grandma's Rainier to show what I am talking about.

I know what your talking about. I never use the stupid thing. We have never had it on any other vehicle besides our Rendezvous and I have never had a problem with the paint being scratched.

I know what your talking about. I never use the stupid thing. We have never had it on any other vehicle besides our Rendezvous and I have never had a problem with the paint being scratched.

You know, even the placement of the tether mounting location is enough to keep the cap off the paint. It is just attention to details like that that really can make or break a deal.

You know what punk I was just threatened by another user and I gave him my physical address so don't tell me how I hide if you or him want to come visit me come on, I stand behind my work and I stand behind my word! You are not going to buy a Ford because of me but rather that you see value in your purchase! That is like the bogus arguement that people deside what to buy based on whether or not it was union built that came out during contract time! People deside what they like and buy it, most don't even worry about long term durability as they lease! Here is a LINK to the thread to my address! I am a part of this community and a regular, I really don't care what you have read of mine because it is what I think and if you don't like it too bad! Come get me!!!!!!!

Edited by Furious1Auto

You know what punk I was just threatened by another user and I gave him my physical address so don't tell me how I hide if you or him want to come visit me come on, I stand behind my work and I stand behind my word! You are not going to buy a Ford because of me but rather that you see value in your purchase! That is like the bogus arguement that people deside what to buy based on whether or not it was union built that came out during contract time! People deside what they like and buy it, most don't even worry about long term durability as they lease! Here is a LINK to the thread to my address! I am a part of this community and a regular, I really don't care what you have read of mine because it is what I think and if you don't like it too bad! Come get me!!!!!!!

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: