More Verve concept pictures?

Ford Jellymoulds

• 2 weeks later...

If the actual US Verve (or whatever it is called for real) keeps most of this look, Ford will suddenly be a big player in the B segment. Clever how the styling sweeps the eye past the odd proportions created by the short hood/forward windshield/long passenger compartment/stubby tail. The whole thing looks very slick.

Any word on whether the US will get the 4-door only, or whether we have a shot at the 3- and 5-doors? It would be a shame--and a marketing mistake, imho--to banish the hatches from our shores.

• 1 month later...
If the actual US Verve (or whatever it is called for real) keeps most of this look, Ford will suddenly be a big player in the B segment. Clever how the styling sweeps the eye past the odd proportions created by the short hood/forward windshield/long passenger compartment/stubby tail. The whole thing looks very slick.

Any word on whether the US will get the 4-door only, or whether we have a shot at the 3- and 5-doors? It would be a shame--and a marketing mistake, imho--to banish the hatches from our shores.

Wow! You're right! I never noticed how short the hood was, until you mentioned it. I knew it was a small car, but the styling keeps the eye moving....

Man, I hope they bring this car, styling details intact, to the U.S. THIS, would be a WINNER!

Maybe they need to name it Festiva or Aspire, people seem to forget Ford has been there, done that over the years and everyone acts like B cars are new. Just like when Ford made millions of E85 capeable vehicles in the 90's. I guess its back to the future for Ford, everybody's doing what Ford used to do.

• 2 months later...
Since I first saw this, I said it is a winner. The sooner the better, and guys, KEEP IT LIKE THIS! Don't cheap it up. I don't mind the name either. I think it's good it isn't a dreaded "F" name like everything else.

Should we tell him what the production name is or not guys?

:hysterical:

yup - that name has larger global cachet than Corolla, and Civic combined ... it was a name to keep.

Igor

Agree...this is a good move. Those old Fiestas were good cars. Miles ahead of anything else available from GM and Chrysler at that time, and more fun to drive than the Corollas of the day. Better looking than the (original) VW Rabbit, too.

Edited by grbeck

Agree...this is a good move. Those old Fiestas were good cars. Miles ahead of anything else available from GM and Chrysler at that time, and more fun to drive than the Corollas of the day. Better looking than the (original) VW Rabbit, too.

It could also have a positive net effect on Ford's image. If the new Fiesta is accepted by the market and does well in quality surveys, it will make people have a completely different association when they hear "Ford Fiesta". Instead of thinking of an old ugly little Ford built decades ago, they will only think of the new one.

Anything Ford can do to make people forget about certain things in Ford's past the better. Of course, there are obvious exceptions, like their iconic models such as Mustang, etc. Even with the Mustang though, you can see how keeping the name around has helped it. Imagine what the Mustang's overall image would be right now if the last one they produced was the 1978 Mustang II.

It's keeping the same look. It'll only have minor differences, like regular headlights (no projectors) and taillights, etc.

It's name is Fiesta, as mentioned above.

The US will be getting the 4-door for sure, IIRC, the 5-door is likely to come, and I believe Farley likes the idea of a 3-door, so it may come as well.

• 2 weeks later...
Overall, I like the car.

Now I am not fond of two areas, the headlights and big mouth bass fascia. Looks kind of like a hand puppet yelling at you. Headlights come too far back along the fender area.

Unfortunately, unless you want an upright, stubby nose, B-cars are somewhat forced into the large headlight clusters. In order to have a downward-sweeping front end and still maintain proper height for headlight placement, they are forced to push them back further up the fenders.

Well, regardless of the name, put this thing next to either a Civic, Corolla, a 3, or an Aveo and you can't deny we have a winner.

It'll compete with the Fit, Yaris, 2, and Aveo, not Civic, Corolla, or 3, at least officially (by size).

And, yes, I agree it's a winner.

Edited by rmc523

Well, regardless of the name, put this thing next to either a Civic, Corolla, a 3, or an Aveo and you can't deny we have a winner.

I couldn't agree more.

this little car is hot!!!!

compare it to the Yaris, Fit and Aveo. No contest. Those shtboxes look like shitboxes. This looks like a smaller version of a really nice C or CD car

More like the Fit, Yaris, Versa, Rio as well as Aveo, and where's Chrsyler's offering? to compete with this guy.

Gotta wonder if this guy will be pitching it though:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c7dONn9cNo&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c7dONn9cNo&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Do we get a 2-door hatch?

From what I recall, that's still the question mark. Apparently the initial offering was going to be sedan-only, but it appears the 5-door has been greenlighted for North America. Haven't heard anything about the 3-door though.