2008 MUSTANG JOB #2 ORDER GUIDE RELEASE

ice-capades

Attached is the 2008 Mustang Order Guide released October 1, 2007 including the official information on the 2008 Bullitt Package!

BULLITT PACKAGE (54B) (Job #2)

Not available with:

• Premier Trim w/color accent package (68B),Comfort pack

(53B), Cal Special (54C), GT Appearance Pack (54G), Heated

drivers/passengers seats (65A), Interior Upgrade pack (18G),

Sport Interior Appearance pack w/color accent (18M), Racing

stripes, "over the top" (47A) or genuine ford accessory chrome

exhaust tips (90E).

Requires:

1.GT Premium 140A (Coupe Only)

2.Manual Transmission

Includes:

• Ford Racing Power Pack (cold air induction system)

• High Performance Calibration

• Performance Friction Carbon Metallic® front brake pads

• Ford Racing Strut Tower Brace

• Serialization Label on Strut Tower Brace

• Sport Tuned Suspension (shocks/springs/stabilizer bar)

• Modified "H" Pipe

• 3.73 :1 Limited Slip Rear Axle

• Dark Grey Brake Calipers

• 18" Euro-Flange Bullitt Wheels w/Charcoal Satin Finish

• Tire Inflation Kit provided in lieu Space-saver mini spare

• 3 ½" Packed Exhaust Tips

• New Upper Grille w/o Fog Lamps or Pony Badge

• Bullitt Emblem on Faux Fuel Cap

• Black Interior w/upgraded steering wheel

• Sport Leather Seat Appearance

• Unique IP Finish (gunmetal engine turn pattern)

• Aluminum Interior Accents (ball shifter/sill plate/pedal covers)

• Includes spoiler delete/not available with GT spoiler

• Available in Highland Green or Black exterior paint colors

2008_Mustang_Order_Guide.pdf

Very Interesting... Now if we can get some PICS

Sorry for being disappointed at your message but isn't the fact that I posted the official Mustang Bullitt information enough? How much of a description of the Bullitt Mustang do you need without photos? If you're looking for a Bullitt Mustang, how much more information do you need to make a decision?

I have heard it would be close to the CS/GT price of $1895....but with all it has I would have a hard time believing anything under the 01 Bullitt pricing of around $2800.

I can't imagine that the Bullitt Package will be available for anywhere close to the GT/CS Package as the Bullitt Package includes substantially more in the way of content and modifications. Considering that Ford has pulled all 2008 Shelby GT scheduling and production forward this year I expect that the Bullitt Mustangs will actually be converted at the Shelby plant in Las Vegas. I haven't had time to check the Shelby Message Board, etc yet but the Bullitt Package looks like it involves conversion work roughly comparable to the Shelby GT's. If the Bullitt Mustangs are converted at Shelby in Las Vegas this will not be an inexpensive package!

The Bullitt Package is a Job #2 option and Job #2 Mustang scheduling should start this Thursday. I just checked the Ford Conceps program that Ford Dealers use to order vehicles but it will not yet accept a 2008 Mustang order with the Bullitt Package (54B) option code. Once the Bullitt Package (54B) option code is loaded into the Conceps program it may display the Bullitt Package pricing. At some point there will be an announcement to Ford Dealers with other ordering and pricing information. If the Bullitt Mustangs are sent to Shelby in Las Vegas for conversion, I would expect that the Shelby conversion cost is handled the same as for the Shelby GT's meaning that Dealers are charged separately for the conversion and it will not show up on the Window Sticker but instead on a special Bullitt Conversion Window Sticker.

I'll post additional information as it becomes available!

Edited by ice-capades

Thanks for posting! So I take it we won't be getting the dual-vented hood or quarter-window louvers?

Nope. But demand has a way of driving the aftermarket. The quarter window louvers are already available. Now go to work on that hood with the reverse dual vents and turn signal indicators. :shades:

FYI... I just checked the Ford Conceps online ordering program used by Ford Dealers and there is still no pricing information available. Entering the Bullitt Package Option Code (54B) still generates an error notice. There's a possibility that there may be a pricing announcement in the next week or so as next week starts the new scheduling period that should include the start of scheduling for 2008 Mustang Job #2 orders. Again, if I can find out anything else about scheduling and/or pricing on the Bullitt Package I'll post further updates here for those that are Bullitt Mustang fans!

Hey Ice-Capades, next time your on CONCEPTS, when you have the cursor in the options field, hit F1 (the help button) and scroll through all the lists of options. You'll see the Bullitt option listed, and a price next to it, stating $1,895. Now, I've been in the business long enough to realize this may be wrong, but its been in there for a while now. Just waiting for an actual print out.

Hey Ice-Capades, next time your on CONCEPTS, when you have the cursor in the options field, hit F1 (the help button) and scroll through all the lists of options. You'll see the Bullitt option listed, and a price next to it, stating $1,895. Now, I've been in the business long enough to realize this may be wrong, but its been in there for a while now. Just waiting for an actual print out.

I spent quite a bit of time this afternoon on the phone with the VOPC (Vehicle Order Processing Center) dealing with problems in the Conceps ordering system for several vehicle lines. The Job #2 Order Bank for 2008 Mustangs, including the Bullitt Package (54B), doesnt open until 11/08/2007 with scheduling to begin 11/15/2007 and a production start date of 12/03/2007. According to VOPC, the system will not accept orders with the Bullitt Package (54B) until the Order Bank opens and Conceps is updated to accept the 54B Order Code and display pricing. I recently received a message from someone stating that a Ford of Canada Dealer told them that pricing was availble in Conceps. Perhaps they were also looking at the Bullitt Package pricing ($1,895 MSRP) showing on the vehicle options "Help" screen.

Unfortunately, I have not had time to talk to my Ford Zone Manager or anyone at the New York Regional Office about the Bullitt Mustang. I'd like to think that the $1,895 price for the Bullitt Package is correct but I'll believe it when I see it. For what it's worth here, I'll share my thoughts here as to what I expect to happen with the Bullitt Mustang...

All 2008 Mustang Shelby production was pulled forward this year with all units to be produced by December. The Bullitt Package includes substantially more work that the GT/CS California Special which is strictly cosmetic. The Bullitt Package (54B) options includes performance, axle and chassis modifications similar to the Shelby GT conversion work done by Shelby at their Las Vegas, NV facility. As such, I wouldn't be surprised if the $1,895 charge for the Bullitt Package is similar to the GT Upfitters Option required on a Shelby GT order. If this becomes the case, expect there to be an additional Bullitt conversion fee similar to the Shelby GT's.

Ford hasn't officially announced the 2008 Mustang Bullitt other than including it in the updated 2008 Mustang Order Guide. At some point soon there will be an announcement to Dealers posted on the FMCDealer.com website including all the pricing, ordering and production volume information.

The thoughts expressed here are based on my 20+ years experience managing the new vehicle inventory for my Dealership. I'll post whatever information is announced officially but until then I fully expect Ford to use the 2008 Mustang Bullitt to fill the gap after the Shelby's are out of production and sold to customers before the Spring selling season.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just checked and Ford's Conceps vehicle ordering system will now accept and provide pricing for the 2008 Mustang Bullitt Coupe. According to Conceps the retail price of the Bullitt Package (54B) is $3,310.

Just wanted to pass this information on for those that are specifically interested in the Bullitt Package.