2007 Navigator Press Kit

range

2007 NAVIGATOR PRESS KIT

WKA2006020782440_pv.jpg

WKA2006020782318_pv.jpg

Lincoln Navigator offers the elegance of genuine Dark Ebony or Anigre wood trim on the console and upper door panels. The wood trim is bookmatched so the grains are precisely aligned. For example, the coin-tray cover is laser cut from the center console wood trim for perfectly matched wood grain.

WKA2006020782778_pv.jpg

WKA2006020782868_pv.jpg

Edited by staff

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

God I hate press release photos, they have compoletely obscured the dimensionality of the front-end with these shots. They did the same with the MkX; it must be this grille design that just doesn't translate well in professional photography. It really doesn't look THIS bad.

But the new dashboard does stink! This is the one rare case where they shouldn't have touched the original, it was so well done with the exception of that silly dash door. This is change for the sake of change, not beneficial change.

Edited by BORG

Wow. The first Lincoln in fifty-one years that looks worse in black.

In light colors that grille is almost bearable.

BTW, Borg, I would like more wood in the new Nav, but like the instruments much better. Maybe I'm a bit of a sucker for that kind of thing, but the new Navigator instruments got class, and they're unique. The old electro-luminescent ones---I'm not so fond of.

I kinda like it. I like the new lincoln dashboards, its time to get UNused to the me-too world of interior design for a change. And the 'MKZ' taillight style works on this truck.

Should of done chrome door handles though

and maybe the liftgate shield in chrome too. Why not, go for it for a change.

"Leather and wood trimmed steering wheel with power tilt with memory"

Nice feature

Seating for small, large, and very large:

"The standard 10-way power driver and front passenger seats are designed to comfortably accommodate a diverse group of occupants, from 4-foot-10 to 6-foot-5, from 90 pounds to 300 pounds. Power-adjustable pedals and memory functions enable drivers to fine-tune their positions. The front seats also offer next-generation heating and cooling for the ultimate in comfort – another Lincoln hallmark. "

Edited by range

navigator_4.jpg

This is about as close to a decent in-situ shot as you're going to see. It's definitely a daylight shot (you can tell by the as yet inimitable play of light on the chrome), that has been stuck in an odd backdrop.

And it doesn't look that bad. I mean it's still way too THERE for my tastes, but it's (as I suspected) not as bad as you might first think.

Eeek, the stretched Expy/Navi just look way too boxy and heavy through the rear end. It looks like a bus.

And as you can see, the front-end doesn't look quite as misproportioned under more natural angles and lighting circumstances. However, the rear-end looks worse at these angles. Talk about a vehicle that doesn't photograph well at every angle.

As for black, All Lincolns look best in black, but not neccessarily in these photos ;).

Sheesh, I'm going from LOATHING it to liking it all in about 1 hour. Talk about a bad trip! I like it in black, non-stretched!

I knew I had liked the prototypes I saw on the road so it made no sense to me why it looked so bad in photos ;) I knew I wouldn't care for the dashboard, but I haven't sat in it yet. The only real revelation is the rear-end, which doesn't quite work for me.

Mmmmm, chill pills!

To be honest, the initial photos scared me. BUT, that interior is SWEET! Those seats look like they would put me to sleep by the time I made it to my destination. Despite the backlash from people on these boards and the media bashing that might ensue, I think this truck is going to surprise it's critics in the long run.

Eeek, the stretched Expy/Navi just look way too boxy and heavy through the rear end. It looks like a bus.

Nature of the beast.

It is a bus.

You want a sportier rear profile? Buy a Mk X.

Lower beltline is something of a safety feature too. Dramatically reduces the size of your blindspot. I suppose Ford could have gone with a bumped down greenhouse in the front door a la the F150, but budget probably didn't have that money set aside this time around. Wait a few years for it. though. It'll come.

I can't say anything "good" about it on GMI, i get beat on :lol: I said it looks better in these pics then the ones given to us from edmunds but i was laughed at. Everyone has gone to bed holding their escalade pillows nice and close

I saw that ;)

And Richard, all you need to do is peek over at the Escalade for how it coud have been done to minimize the visual girth of the stretched rear. They did it with some curves! A concept currently foreign to Ford, I know ;)

The interior looks gorgeous. I like it a lot.

They Town Carified the Navigator. For those that miss the 70s, Lincoln is back with a vengence! It's just not my style, it's too far to one extreme. I really liked it in the previous Navigator/Aviator, but this is just too much. I prefer a compromise between modern and heritage design, but they've taken it a step too far and sacrificed some nice design details to do it. It's give and take with what they've done. The new isntrumentation is spiffy, but the dashboard isn't as classy.

Edited by BORG

I saw that ;)

And Richard, all you need to do is peek over at the Escalade for how it coud have been done to minimize the visual girth of the stretched rear. They did it with some curves! A concept currently foreign to Ford, I know ;)

They Town Carified the Navigator. For those that miss the 70s, Lincoln is back with a vengence! It's just not my style, it's too far to one extreme. I really liked it in the previous Navigator/Aviator, but this is just too much. I prefer a compromise between modern and heritage design, but they've taken it a step too far and sacrificed some nice design details to do it. It's give and take with what they've done. The new isntrumentation is spiffy, but the dashboard isn't as classy.

According to most, the interior is a complete joke :lol:

I wonder if they are going to rename the Navigator too like they renamed all the other Lincolns. Navigator is a recognized name, but if they do not call it the MkN, it will make the Lincoln brand even more disoriented then it is headed.

You just can't fit Mark N into a rap song ;)

According to most, the interior is a complete joke :lol:

Yeah, the GM boys are celebrating in the streets tonight because they think Ford completely botched their attempt to compete with the new GM SUVs. They are probably correct, GM did hit a homerun with the new GMT900s and Ford will be fortunate if they can keep sales where they are at with the new models. I think they are more likely to lose sales as they have experienced with the Explorer and Ford will soon claim that 'We don't need to compete in every segment anymore' and will eventually vacate the market to GM.

Ah damn, the chill pill wore off Richard!

I better hide here for awhile, long enough so everyone can calm down on GMI and get their biased ford bashing out of their system :lol: To many retards over there

I read the GMI site and generally I think they are pretty fair but they smell blood. 9 pages on the post already of constant bashing. I think they are not objectively looking at how nice the interior really is or that the styling is Bold. Designs like this need to grow on you. Let's not forget they did not like the Zephyr either.

I look forward to seeing the new Gator at the Chicago show this weekend. But there is still one more thing that Peter Holbury mentioned last year that I've yet to see. and that is the customer choice of Lincoln Grilles.

Whatever happened to this decision?

He mentioned offering the choice of either the waterfall style or 60's style Lincoln grilles when he was on Autoline Detroit. And as far as the Interior design goes. I feel that Lincoln has done a great job. My only concern is with the extra bars on the lower front fascia of the Exterior.