2009 F-150

controller

This article's "sources" don't seem to know jack shit about the P415 program.

2011 for the Boss and diesel? RIIIIIIIIIGHT. Other sources have said 4.4 production will begin in late 2008, with the Boss debuting as little as 6 months after the truck debuts.

And why the hell would they bother putting a 4.6 2-valve in it??

This article's "sources" don't seem to know jack shit about the P415 program.

2011 for the Boss and diesel? RIIIIIIIIIGHT. Other sources have said 4.4 production will begin in late 2008, with the Boss debuting as little as 6 months after the truck debuts.

Could this info be meant to throw-off the competition. You're right, why 2 4.6s. Do they really need to bother with a V6? It'd have to be high HP V6 if they do.

LET'S GET THIS STRAIGHT

The Edmunds article is COMPLETELY INCORRECT

Their sources basically messed up the releases of the Twin Force engines and the base version of the same engines ..

The below is what I have been posting all over the internet .. and THAT BELOW .. IS CORRECT - unlike the Edmunds piece :

The truck will launch in the fall of 2008 (as a 2009 model) with:

4V DOHC PFI 3.7l V6 (about 280 ft.lbf at 2000 rpm) (not sure about transmission)

3V SOHC PFI 4.6l V8 with 6speed auto (Explorer combo - 292 hp and 300 lb.-ft)

3V SOHC PFI 5.4l 6speed auto (Expedition combo - 300 hp and 365 lb.-ft ) - likely with somewhat more power than this (about 325hp and 380lb-ft)

NO BOSS ENGINES

2009 1/2 Model (Februaury 2009) will add:

2V SOHC PFI 6.2l V8 BOSS engine (iron block, aluminium head) with 6speed auto (425hp)

2010 Model (fall 2009) will add:

DOHC 4.4l Common Rail Diesel with CGI block (315hp and 520 lb-ft)

4V DOHC TT DI 3.5l V6 - Twin Turbocharged Direct injected (Twin Force - 350hp, 380 lb-ft at 2000 rpm)

2011 or 2012 model will add:

4V DOHC TT TIVCT DI 6.2l V8 - Twin independent variable cam timing, twin turbocharged, direct injected (Twin Force - over 650 lb - ft)

So in short: The truck will launch with the 3.7l V6, the 6.2l V8 will be 6 months late, and the Twin Force 3.5l V6 and the Diesel will be 12 months late.

Igor

The only reason I could think of is if the D37 isn't available at launch, the 2V would be a good base engine and with a 6 speed auto, will probably get better mileage then the old pushrod 4.2L V6. Plus, they can get rid of old 2V stock before completely discontinuing it. The old 4.6 2V must be quite a bit cheaper then the D37 and the 4.6 3V.

No offense, but how can you prove that you are correct, and the article isn't?

;)

I just know that THEY are way off from about 3 people I have been talking to about the engines .. if I have 3 people agree and then one says something that

1) is completely out of line with another 3 sources, which seem to be in consensus..

2) makes stupid comments (see below)

I tend to believe MY sources.

THE STUPID COMMENT:

: "Also delayed is the much-ballyhooed "Boss" 6.2-liter V8 (known earlier by the code name "Hurricane"). The big 425-hp gasoline V8, mated to a six-speed automatic transmission and earmarked especially for commercial users, has been pushed back until model-year 2011, according to suppliers. The engine is expected to employ such advanced technology as twin turbochargers, direct injection and cylinder deactivation, to provide the optimum combination of performance and fuel economy. "

- so there will be NO Non-Twin Force 6.2l V8? RIGHT ..

- a Twin Turbo, DOHC, DI, 6.2l V8 will only make 425hp? RIGHT ...

And really the fact that their "release dates" conveniently coincide with the release dates for the TWIN FORCE version of the engines, makes me believe they simply had communication mishap with their sources - their sources were talking about the Twin Force engines ..

Igor

Edited by igor

I thought this was interesting:

The new F-series will be available in three body styles: regular cab, extended cab and crew cab. The four-door model is said to be roomier than the Dodge Ram Mega Cab and larger than the Toyota Tundra Crew Max.

Can anybody confirm this? How big will it be? If it had 6 doors with a SuperCab size 3rd row, that would be awesome!

i just saw one today and i live in southern california it had the three bar grill like the expedition in the front. he had some good power because i was trying to go fast in my expedition to see the front and he was accelerating to fast for me to get to him before i had to turn.

;)

I just know that THEY are way off from about 3 people I have been talking to about the engines .. if I have 3 people agree and then one says something that

1) is completely out of line with another 3 sources, which seem to be in consensus..

2) makes stupid comments (see below)

I tend to believe MY sources.

THE STUPID COMMENT:

: "Also delayed is the much-ballyhooed "Boss" 6.2-liter V8 (known earlier by the code name "Hurricane"). The big 425-hp gasoline V8, mated to a six-speed automatic transmission and earmarked especially for commercial users, has been pushed back until model-year 2011, according to suppliers. The engine is expected to employ such advanced technology as twin turbochargers, direct injection and cylinder deactivation, to provide the optimum combination of performance and fuel economy. "

- so there will be NO Non-Twin Force 6.2l V8? RIGHT ..

- a Twin Turbo, DOHC, DI, 6.2l V8 will only make 425hp? RIGHT ...

And really the fact that their "release dates" conveniently coincide with the release dates for the TWIN FORCE version of the engines, makes me believe they simply had communication mishap with their sources - their sources were talking about the Twin Force engines ..

Igor

Hey Igor, what has been the cause of the huge delay in the F-150 diesel? :huh:

I believe we just falsely assumed it would be available at launch ... I might be wrong, but I believe Ford has NEVER actually acknowledged the diesel even existing, let alone its timeline ..

Basically, whet I am saying is that I do not know whether it is a delay, or simply that is what the timeline was when they decided to pursue a half ton diesel.

Igor

I hate to be right again but it's already begun... :banghead:

No you don't. You'd be bored if Ford actually did things right. You thrive on things going wrong for the Blue Oval. But alas, as a couple of people have noted, the info in this article is ridiculously inaccurate, so stop your negatoid cheerleading.

No you don't. You'd be bored if Ford actually did things right. You thrive on things going wrong for the Blue Oval. But alas, as a couple of people have noted, the info in this article is ridiculously inaccurate, so stop your negatoid cheerleading.

Oh right, I just loving boring cars...

Nice sig btw, negatard... :finger::finger: