09 Fusion Renderings

Fords#1Fan

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not too sure I'm fond of the Fusion front end. Looks too much like an Acura with a chrome treatment courtesy of VW. I am rather fond of the vertical headlight treatment on the current models. I was hoping they would keep that same theme but expand on the front end detail, and lose the honking "Bozo The Clown" nose, the huge blue oval in the center of the grill. I'm sure the '09 will be a better car, but they can keep that pseudo-Japanes styling for themselves! Maybe it won't even look like that, or perhaps it will look better in person. They had better still offer a stick with the 4 cyl or I sure won't be upgrading in 2009! I have an '06 with 27k on it. Nice car, simple and functional but still pretty classy IMHO.

Fusion looks like an Aura-clone. Front's not bad... rear looks decent. Just not sure it looks like a Ford from the rear. Could be any current mid-sized sedan.

MKZ looks great. Good use of the new "wings" grill design. Rear end stays consistent with current vehicle.

Milan rear end is unchanged with only new taillight lenses featured. Why fix something that ain't broken, right?

The Fusion rendering is cool. Ford looks as if they are seriously getting back in the game and giving the Japanese reason to sweat a little. Whoever was the genius who invented the three-bar chrome grille look for the Fords should be commended. Apparently, the public was ready for something like this on the domestic front to embrace.

the Fusion looks good. the chrome on the decklid is a little ouit of place looking, but hopefully there will be a body color version of it.

The Milan is uhh.... whats the difference? i never thought it was a bad looking car at all, but cmon, lets hope for a little more than just that.

The Lincoln looks a whole ton better than the current one.

Well if the back of the Fusion ends up looking like that then what an ugly mess! I do not like the odd shaped sculpting around the taillamps and decklid. The chrome accent is awkward and gaudy.

I can deal with the front end changes if Ford is set on keeping the chrome 3-bar grille. The headlamp styling looks upscale. I do like the Interceptor hood detail ok. Perhaps Ford is evolving the family look now to correspond with the Interceptor the same way the Fusion adapted 427 Concept styling.

The changes on the MKZ work ok. The biggest improvement with the renderings is the taillamp design although I do find the rear bumper styling strange and awkward as if it is just change for change's sake because they had to work within the limits of the existing bumper fascia and hidden bumper reinforment bar perimeters. Visually thinning out the height of the taillamps seems to look better.

The Milan. The minor taillamp variation just reinforces the non-comittment to Mercury as a distinct brand...

Looks like the 08 Fukus. It's odd how this (God-aweful, hope it's not accurate) rendering is nearly universally praised whereas the Focus is nearly universally panned.

i liked both of them. i still think in person the Focus will look better than it does in pics.

The Super Chief was an awesome concept truck especially the front end.. which is why the Interceptor looks so good.. I think Ford should use the Aussie RWD Platforms to create a mid-size Interceptor but call it a 2009 Fusion.. because if you can recall when the Ford 427 came out it was the original basis for the Fusion.. and it was a full size concept car that got shrunk down to Mid-Size segment size.. so now the Interceptor should receive the same treatment and especially when you consider how much rear leg room the Interceptor had.. that was definitely mid-size dimensions..

The Super Chief was an awesome concept truck especially the front end.. which is why the Interceptor looks so good.. I think Ford should use the Aussie RWD Platforms to create a mid-size Interceptor but call it a 2009 Fusion.. because if you can recall when the Ford 427 came out it was the original basis for the Fusion.. and it was a full size concept car that got shrunk down to Mid-Size segment size.. so now the Interceptor should receive the same treatment and especially when you consider how much rear leg room the Interceptor had.. that was definitely mid-size dimensions..

Moving the Fusion to a RWD platform would be even more confusing to consumers than renaming the Five Hundred the new Taurus. The Fusion is a FWD/AWD midsize sedan. It will stay that way. Should they build a nice midsize RWD sedan? Sure, as long as they can make money on it. But hands off the name-shuffling!!

• 2 weeks later...
Problem is that's the thinking that got Detroit where they are now

I like the renderings...keep the improvements coming...

No, the thinking that got Detroit in trouble was "If it's broke, who gives a shit? It's not like our customers are going to buy those shitty Japanese cars--- Hey!! Where are you going?!!?"

Can someone get me the direct link to the MKZ and Milan renderings? Everytime I clik the link in the article to go to autocosmos I get an article on the Iphone, Investigations,Ford but not for the renderings, Puegot, and some other stuff.

MKZ:

Fusion:

I do not have the Milan ..

The article was taken down a couple hours after the pictures were widely posted on the US internet ... I wonder why ;)

Igor

Thanks igor. I was thinking the same thing once I clicked on Autocosmos a few times.

Thanks igor. I was thinking the same thing once I clicked on Autocosmos a few times.

the current fusion is so sexy i would marry it! The next update is so ugly i would divorce it! and then shove it over a cliff, set it on fire, burn it into liquid and then piss on it then shove it up a goats behind!