Mondeo real life pics ...

igor

Here are some Real Life pics of the new Mondeo..

http://www.fordeurope.net/forum/viewtopic....4&start=450

(scroll down a little)

the thing looks very nice .. I would still love to be able to buy one ..

BUT ... look at this picture:

20070504017.jpg

The interior does look THAT great .. definitely not stunning. and while the Titanium Package (below) makes things a little better, the design is not that great as it was photographed by Ford PR. Probably it IS better than Fusion, but not "outclassing" Fusion .. If it was Toyota.. I Would probably bitch about how ugly it is ..

PS: the first pic is of the top-of-the-line Ghia model .. so no it is not the bottom of the barrel interior

20070504013.jpg

One thing Ford NA cannot compete against is the new Human-Machine-Interface embedded in the Instrument Cluster . that thing is seriously cool.

Igor

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The gauge cluser and design of the HVAC/Audio all look superior to pretty much anything in Ford of NA's portofilio. Three key things that go a long way at achieving an upmarket feel without going overboard.

Why is it so hard for Ford to pull tech features readily available in Europe and apply them to their NA branded vehicles. Keyless Go, HIDs and a few other gadgets should have been made available on the Fusion and Edge (especially considering who they were marketing these vehicles toward). Instead we end up with an IKT that Ford's PR department trumps up as the latest and greatest :finger:

Oh and the wood and titanium trim in that car looks like crap. Like the Passat, I miss the previous gen's interior.

The wood grain is so horrible it looks fake. The Ghia is much better (because it lacks that ugly wood).

I agree with Igor, however HMI and the chrome idea... sheesh why don't they use chrome accents in the car? It really looks great (if not overused).

The wood grain is so horrible it looks fake. The Ghia is much better (because it lacks that ugly wood).

I agree with Igor, however HMI and the chrome idea... sheesh why don't they use chrome accents in the car? It really looks great (if not overused).

Ghia is the one with the Wood ( and the wood IS Fake) - the one without the wood is "Titanium" a different equipment level.

Igor

Out of all the pics in that foe.net thread, I'm surprised you chose those.

They're just bad pics. Cellphone camera pics at that. The overall lighting is anything but natural.

I mean c'mon... wtf is this?

20070504013.jpg

20070504021.jpg

20070504026.jpg

No consistency whatsoever. Are the plastics black, are they grey, maybe clay? "Looks cheap"

Anyone would be retarded to judge anything based on these shots.

If you want to talk an interior that looks like crap in non-PR shots, look no further than the one in the Fusion.

There's no way to excuse the absolutely terrible job Ford NA did on it. It was just sheer incompetence to have the chance to outdo a 5 year old effort, and STILL fail miserably at it.

ae_Ford_Mondeo_2003_07.jpg

We've seen plenty of real life footage and material about the new Mondy to know better thyan trust the quality of a cellphone camera.

Edited by pcsario

Out of all the pics in that foe.net thread, I'm surprised you chose those.

They're just bad pics. Cellphone camera pics at that. The overall lighting is anything but natural.

I mean c'mon... wtf is this?

20070504013.jpg

If you want to talk an interior that looks like crap in non-PR shots, look no further than the one in the Fusion.

I know I chose the ones that made the interior look crappy .. it was on purpose .. because I was surprised there were angles at which the interior looks SO crappy ..

I know your opinion on the Fusion and I do not completely disagree, but I previously LOVED the Mondeo interior .. these real life pics made me not AS excited .. I Would still probably pick one over Fusion (if they both offered the same engine and AWD)

I just wanted to make an observation.

Igor

I know I chose the ones that made the interior look crappy .. it was on purpose .. because I was surprised there were angles at which the interior looks SO crappy ..

I know your opinion on the Fusion and I do not completely disagree, but I previously LOVED the Mondeo interior .. these real life pics made me not AS excited .. I Would still probably pick one over Fusion (if they both offered the same engine and AWD)

I just wanted to make an observation.

Igor

To be honest I like the previous interior better than the new one. Doesn't mean it's better, just classier in comparison. The new car is sporty so they had to give it an interior worthy of the exterior design, which meant sporty and lively, not german-cold.

For whatever reason Martih Smith has a hardon for that type of wood. He used the same one in the Vectra; it has always looked like melted chocolate to me. This was clearly an afterthought or using a mix of aluminum and wood didn't work as expected.

Here are more real life pics, this time with a real camera. Everyone who has been in it loves it, so yeah, I'm going to call this a case of misleading pics since all the reviewers have found little to complain when they look at all this from the drivers seat.

Even if they were shot with a flash, you can clearly tell this is miles ahead of the Fusion. It doesn't scream "Hi, I'm a mediocre interior done in a rush" like the Fusion does.

post-11072-1178567830_thumb.jpg

post-11072-1178567962_thumb.jpg

Edited by pcsario

Again that silver painted plastic doesn't look good there. The HVAC/Radio/Gauge Cluster/Vents set off the interior not the abundance of that cheesy trim.

There are a few design elements that Ford of NA and Europe share (black piano trim and contrast stiching). I also find that the two stalk design of Europe vs. that of the versions used here seems a bit more upmarket without crowding the steering column (ala M/B)

Edited by Michael Reynolds

I know I am going to regret saying this. But I only see one cup holder in the entire car?

Looks like a dual cupholder in the center console, just can't see the aft one due to the angle of the shot. The back seat probably has them in the flip-down center armrest like my Mazda6.

On a side note though, judging from that back seat photo, the rear legroom sucks!!! Looks almost identical to the back seat sizewise as, again, my Mazda6. And before anyone goes pulling out measurements, don't bother. Measurements don't mean squat.

Edited by NickF1011

^ LOL

A High Res. photos would do nothing but make the plood and silver plastic crap LOOK WORSE! Bubububu.....the lighting sucks :hysterical:

Put up or shut up Michael, lets go on record. (This is going to be fun)

FOE's designs and materials are "crap" / "cheesy".

In ONE word (or acronym), how would you define these in comparison against FOE's "CRAP"...

Dash.jpg

20070504026.jpg

...and "CHEESY" stuff?

Stack.jpg

2f43d7fd3f3d941b35107fdb5e038d5a_1.jpg

Edited by pcsario

Put up or shut up Michael, lets go on record. (This is going to be fun)

FOE's designs and materials are "crap".

In ONE word (or acronym), how would you define these...

Aside from the craptastic FoNA switchgear, I don't see any tangible difference in the actual materials, ie door pulls, handles, dash material, trim, etc.

I dont know where the Mondeo falls in price wise, but from what I have been reading I think its closer to the MKZ than the Fusion isnt it? If so, shouldent you compare those two interiors?

no .. the Mondeo would cost about 1-2k extra over the Fusion .. Milan territory - not MKZ.

Igor