2008 Mustang Changes

GregHowe

Different colors I'm sure, probably not too many other changes though. Possibly the addition of the new Sync system....and there may not be a California Special again. Bullitt should be coming. We may know more as far as special editions are concerned in another week or so at the NYIAS.

Does anyone know what changes are going to be for the 2008 Mustang? Will there be any new colors or options? Did they take anything away?

Code Description

------ ----------------------

D3 TORCH RED CC

G5 ALLOY METALLIC

G9 VISTA BLUE CC

HP PERFOR WHITE CC

JV CANDY APPLE RED

UA BLACK CC

U3 GRABBER ORANGE

YN SILVER CC MET

ZY VAPOR CC MET

the California Special two-tone interior codes (KC = charcoal/parchment, and KD = charcoal/dove) have been replaced with new C/S codes of MC (charcoal/parchment) and MD (charcoal/dove). If there are new codes for the C/S interiors, then my guess is the California Special lives on for 2008. Originally, we were told it would be a one-year only model

Also, two new options (that have already been mentioned on these forums) have the following option codes for 2008 Mustangs...

51H = HID headlamps.

95M = Mood lighting.

Is that the Ice Blue ambient lighting by chance?

And why is it a bottom-of-the-barrel Mustang can get HID's now but you STILL can't get them on any Lincoln? That's ridiculous.

The MKZ definatly has HID lighting as on option. Gonna be cool to see the Mustang have HID now. It's definatly something I want on my next vehicle and this puts a Mustang back near the top of my list.

The MKZ definatly has HID lighting as on option. Gonna be cool to see the Mustang have HID now. It's definatly something I want on my next vehicle and this puts a Mustang back near the top of my list.

both MKZ and Navigator have HID's but Nick is right - it makes no sense that the MKX is halogen only - that was a big omission ..

and I am quite excited that Ford is finally getting some technology, like LED tail lights and HID's - it's about MF'ing time.

Igor

Edited by igor

Thanks for the info, let us know if there are any changes. I wonder what those HID's are going to look like?

I would assume, they will simply throw a reflector-type Xenon ballast into the stock housing and call it a day ... Plenty of cars still run with reflector HID - not projector HID's, and they are perfectly fine. And this late in the model cycle, it does not make sense IMO to design all new projector housing.

I will be disappointed, however if the new one will not have projector HID as an option. It is a nice feature that makes people feel their car has class - and they are better than any other headlight system (maybe short of LED headlamps)

Igor

i have heard that the '08 will be able to be ordered at the end of april ....does anyone know of any of the spec sheets available yet ? Havent decided if i'm going to find me a mildly used 07 or just pull the trigger and order me a "new" one . But i would like to have a copy of the spec sheets for 08 to take to the dealer with me and blow them out of the water , since most or the time they do not even know what they are selling ! lol

thanks

Phil in kentucky

I would assume, they will simply throw a reflector-type Xenon ballast into the stock housing and call it a day ... Plenty of cars still run with reflector HID - not projector HID's, and they are perfectly fine. And this late in the model cycle, it does not make sense IMO to design all new projector housing.

I will be disappointed, however if the new one will not have projector HID as an option. It is a nice feature that makes people feel their car has class - and they are better than any other headlight system (maybe short of LED headlamps)

Igor

Do you think they might just use the same HID that Saleen uses?

i have heard that the '08 will be able to be ordered at the end of april ....does anyone know of any of the spec sheets available yet ? Havent decided if i'm going to find me a mildly used 07 or just pull the trigger and order me a "new" one . But i would like to have a copy of the spec sheets for 08 to take to the dealer with me and blow them out of the water , since most or the time they do not even know what they are selling ! lol

thanks

Phil in kentucky

2008 Mustang Order Bank, Scheduling & Production Dates

2008 MY Order Bank Opens 04/16/2007

2008 MY Scheduling Begins 05/17/2007

2008 MY Job #1 Date 06/25/2007

The Order Guides are usually released about the same time that the Order Bank opens.

I had a meeting yesterday with our new Ford Zone Manager but she's new to the Sales Division (moved over from Ford Parts & Service) and knows very little about the product line yet. She's supposed to check with her boss and get back to me but I doubt I'll hear anything back before the official 2008 Mustang Order Guide is released.

I heard a rumor that the navigation system might not be available in '08 due to issues with demand exceeding supply. Can anyone confirm? I just ordered an '07 GT last week. I wanted a GT/CS, but the dealer said that Ford wasn't building any more for '07. They said I could wait for an '08, but that I couldn't order for another two months (which thanks to this forum, I now know that's incorrect), and that I'd have to pay $5k over invoice.

They offered me the x-plan on the '07 GT (don't ask me how, I work for Westinghouse; they just said they'd take care of it) but that I couldn't get it for the CS (either year). Again, thanks to blueovalforums, it would appear that that's incorrect as well (although always at the dealer's discretion).

Anyway, I'm don't want to hijack this thread, so back to the main question... What's the deal on the nav system in '08? If I can get the CS, nav, and x-plan in '08 (perhaps with a different dealer), I may just cancel my order (placed last Tuesday) and re-order in a couple of weeks.

Thanks!

As the person responsible for ordering all new vehicle inventory for the past 20 years I wish that I could provide some reliable advance information on changes for the 2008 Mustang. I talked to management at the New York Regional Office yesterday about expediting the scheduling of Retail Orders on other vehicle lines for other customers. While I had them on the phone, I specifically asked if they could tell me anything about changes for the 2008 Mustang. The official response was that there are no changes for 2008. I had trouble not laughing at their response as at a minimum there are always paint changes, let alone minor option changes, etc. So evidently, the Ford New York Regional Office refuses to provide its dealers with any advance information prior to the 2008 Mustang Order Guide being published.