2008 E-Series Debuts

DCK

How do you rate the 2008 E-Series?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. How to you rate the 2008 E-Series?

• * * * * * A. Excellent
    • * * * * B. Good
    • * * * C. Average
    • * * D. Bad
    • * F. Poor

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear what you are saying, but, really, a van is just a big box, there doesnt seem to be a whole lot more you can do to one other than the nose.

They could have left it alone...it was way better before. Talk about getting smacked with the Ugly Stick. :finger:

another 3 years till it's 20th birthday!

have to tell you as a sales person the Econoline really pi$$es me off, spec'd out a V10 CARGO van with nothing more than a tow package and power windows locks etc...std vynal ...basically just a TIN CAN...it INVOICED for just over 27000....INVOICED...I mean I don't know how Ford can justify that $ amount for a vehicle that is old school put together ( shoddy panel alighnment, wavety sheet metal, factory dings and creases etc etc etc ) who's tooling has been paid for for 15 odd years, that is literally a no option tin can delivery vehicle that sits two, can be priced so ludicrously high, should have heard my customer when I said 27000 INVOICE not retail......before a couple of hundred over......someone justify that, HAS to be a flamin cash cow for Ford...moreso than a 28k EXPEDITION...but wait, thats with 3 row seating, power everything, dual ac...yadda yadda yadda!

Edited by Deanh

The pictures at Autoblog look like photochops and also show the same ole' interior, but with an e-stop button on the dash. Can anyone in the "know" verify if these pictures are the correct ones? If so, then WTF! This is the big exterior change of a 16 year old vehicle? I know they are supposed to be commercial and blah blah blah, but this is VERY disappointing!

have to tell you as a sales person the Econoline really pi$$es me off, spec'd out a V10 CARGO van with nothing more than a tow package and power windows locks etc...std vynal ...basically just a TIN CAN...it INVOICED for just over 27000....INVOICED...I mean I don't know how Ford can justify that $ amount for a vehicle that is old school put together ( shoddy panel alighnment, wavety sheet metal, factory dings and creases etc etc etc ) who's tooling has been paid for for 15 odd years, that is literally a no option tin can delivery vehicle that sits two, can be priced so ludicrously high, should have heard my customer when I said 27000 INVOICE not retail......before a couple of hundred over......someone justify that, HAS to be a flamin cash cow for Ford...moreso than a 28k EXPEDITION...but wait, thats with 3 row seating, power everything, dual ac...yadda yadda yadda!

Did you have trouble finding the option code for the diesel? What is Ford thinking? Give the ambulance and rescue vehicles to GM on a silver plater.

Did you have trouble finding the option code for the diesel? What is Ford thinking? Give the ambulance and rescue vehicles to GM on a silver plater.

option code 99p I beleive and new INVOICE of 32k.....hey at least the front end looks bigger to package the big engines better...lets guess 08 e350 extended cargo 6.4 diesel ( disclaimer of late availability ) bare bones INVOICE of 34? just a guess

*urk* I just threw up in my mouth a little.

That's not even "quirky cool" ugly. Nor is it "erm, um, I don't know but maybe" ugly. That's just classic dyed Holy :censored: atrocious!

I get that maybe they wanted to do the lowered headlight thing.... but my god - the rest of it just does not work at all. WhoTF signed this one off?

The front end by itself isn't all bad... but it has no business being grafted onto an economy-size soap-bar body. Even if they had just squared up the rear or something, it would make more sense.

OMG oh no, the van is ugly please humpty dumpty don't by anymore of them for your delivery trucks....

These trucks are by far the best in their class, the GM ones are unreliable and i rarely see them compared to the ford ones. Don't get me started on Ram vans :censored:

This is the best utility truck on the market, nobody gives a damn what they look like.

OMG oh no, the van is ugly please humpty dumpty don't by anymore of them for your delivery trucks....

These trucks are by far the best in their class, the GM ones are unreliable and i rarely see them compared to the ford ones. Don't get me started on Ram vans :censored:

This is the best utility truck on the market, nobody gives a damn what they look like.

Ram vans are gone..replaced by the Sprinter, a mercedes knockoff that can be had with Dual rear wheels...I have lost a few sales to that tall breadvan...we need the Transit here, and also a Midi Cargo Van...aka Aerostar....man is there a market for small delivery vans....

option code 99p I beleive and new INVOICE of 32k.....hey at least the front end looks bigger to package the big engines better...lets guess 08 e350 extended cargo 6.4 diesel ( disclaimer of late availability ) bare bones INVOICE of 34? just a guess

[/q

The sales information I have seen did not list the diesel for an option only the V-8 and V-10. Maybe your DSP is more up to date than this 2008 E-Series broshure. At least I hope you are right!

i'm not saying this is a beauty queen or anything but i'm pretty sure no one who is bashing this is going to be buying a cargo van anytime soon so in reality ford didn't do a bad job. i would like to hear from someone who will be buying a couple of these for a fleet on what they think. then maybe everyone will shutup. and as for the the nosejob only, ford did this on purpose to save the thousands of truck upfitters out there from having to spend big money on new tooling and manufacturing. now they have a somewhat updated truck that needs no special attention from upfitters who handle large amounts of these vans. do some research before you start bashing something...

What an absolute joke... I've been in a lot of these things and they ride terrible, the interior looks like it's been crafted out of Lego's, and the 08 still doesn't have headrests! so much for safety!

I just hope this is a sign they are canning it and replacing it with the Transit, this thing is straight out of 1980.

I can see the Ford line-up 200 years from now..

Everything will look the exactly the same, but have new grills and headlights.. And they will wonder why they only sell three a year to museums.. :finger:

What an absolute joke... I've been in a lot of these things and they ride terrible, the interior looks like it's been crafted out of Lego's, and the 08 still doesn't have headrests! so much for safety!

I just hope this is a sign they are canning it and replacing it with the Transit, this thing is straight out of 1980.

I can see the Ford line-up 200 years from now..

Everything will look the exactly the same, but have new grills and headlights.. And they will wonder why they only sell three a year to museums.. :finger:

ride is kinda in built due to what they are used for and payloads....they are basically delivery vehicles when all is said and done, the half ton Passengers are actually more comfortable for a full load of passengers that the Expedition.....as for the styling...with you...is it a stop gap?

i'm not saying this is a beauty queen or anything but i'm pretty sure no one who is bashing this is going to be buying a cargo van anytime soon so in reality ford didn't do a bad job. i would like to hear from someone who will be buying a couple of these for a fleet on what they think. then maybe everyone will shutup. and as for the the nosejob only, ford did this on purpose to save the thousands of truck upfitters out there from having to spend big money on new tooling and manufacturing. now they have a somewhat updated truck that needs no special attention from upfitters who handle large amounts of these vans. do some research before you start bashing something...

Fair enough. Thinking about it, I could see where it might look good as an ambulance...

And of course it's not like Conversion Vans are even a blip on the radar... but since you brought it up: Yes, I have a soft spot for the E-Series converts... and yes, there is a part of me that would even consider a Conversion Van today. But not with that face. Even the GM Breadboxes look better suddenly.

I just went from the 07 ordering guides, i do not have the 08 guides yet...evn off of Fords site....you already have brochures!!!! Heads are going to roll dammit!

Don't get shook, no broshure just a teaser...2008 E-Series (The Next Generation) little sales flyer. A lot of nice ugrades but that diesel thing has me concerned.

Fair enough. Thinking about it, I could see where it might look good as an ambulance...

And of course it's not like Conversion Vans are even a blip on the radar... but since you brought it up: Yes, I have a soft spot for the E-Series converts... and yes, there is a part of me that would even consider a Conversion Van today. But not with that face. Even the GM Breadboxes look better suddenly.

If there is, in fact, no diesel then there will be no ambulance or fire and rescue E-Series.

I just wish the midline and the bottom line in the door matched the corrsponding curvature in the body.

Damn, I just noticed that. And this is their official "beauty" / catalog shot? Or is it really a 'chop?

If that's the best they could find for their own photographers, than that's :censored: unacceptable. Sure, it's mostly fleet and utility and thos buyers will kill then anyway yadda yadda yadda... but even if I was late on the take this time, trust me: other consumers notice these things as well.

Quality and attention to detail is an all-or-nothing affair; your entire lineup should reflect the values of the organization.

Otherwise the business owner who just bought one for his business will NEVER consider a Ford for his personal vehicle.