How do you rate this commercial?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this commercial?

• * * * * * Awesome
    • * * * * Good
    • * * * Average
    • * * Bad
    • * Poor

I like it. Only shame of it all is that the current NASCAR Fusion looks nothing like the real Fusion it's right next to, right before you show some older actual stock cars.

I actually saw a GT downtown in the Market (I live in Charleston, SC) today. Black with gray stripes. There are a few exotics and a lot of high-end models around this area, especially downtown and I've yet to see anything else that garnered such a reaction. Only thing that comes close was when our local Maybach dealer got one of the first 67s. When it left its parking space it was like a great and powerful hero riding away. And oh yeah, people were shocked at its price, guessing as much as $600,000. How can this company produce that complete of a product and have so many problems figuring other stuff out?

What's the story on the GR-1 as of right now?

Edited by Kotzenjunge

I really like the ad. The only odd thing is, most people who can indentify with the ad are probably already in Ford's customer base. Racing fans are a loyal bunch. Anyway, I really love the 63 Holman-Moody Galaxie 500 that mocks Fred Lorenzen's #28 from that era. Might be because we own a 64 Galaxie 500. I'm surprised they didn't have David Pearson though .. ? Hmm. Or Mario Andretti's 67 Fairlane that won the Daytona 500? Anyway, very cool ad .. but I'm a car guy and a Ford racing fan. So, I'd probably already be inclined to buy Fords. Ford needs to find ways to identify with buyers who aren't already interested in their cars. Nonetheless, this is a good "morale" ad, I think at least. It reminds diehards like me (okay, I'm only 20 so maybe I haven't reached that status yet) that Ford still has some lifeblood ..

is this a current commercial?

they wouldn't tease the GR-1 if they weren't going to build it, would they?

as for the rest of the commercial, it would be better if they actually had some commitment to come racing programs, but they don't really have much..

Edited by Captainp4

This ad brought tears to my eyes the first time I saw it.

Wonderful stuff, the exact opposite of the junk ads such as the Edge on the building that make me want to throw a brick through the screen of my TV.

As to the Lotus-Ford shown in the ad, that is not a Formula 1 car. it is an Indy car, Jim Clark won 'the 500" in 1965 with number 82. The last i knew that car is in the Ford Museum at Dearborn, it had a flat tire and was very dusty the day we visited a few years ago.