Short Work Week

daveyb

FRAP, as noted on many a restroom wall, rhymes with CRAP! Hilarious.

Speaking of crap...Now that we have two production shifts, every day seems to be a short one, and we are building barely more than one 10 hour shift built in the 'good old days.'

I'm all in favor of having lots of Union members working. That's a goood thing! Yet I just don't seem to get the maths on this whole deal. Are the Fords really making out in this scenario? I know that I, personally, am making a LOT less money on 7.1 hours a day than I was on 10!

If you can explain what the heck is going on and how this plays out in the near and far terms, please tell me! Every day I work here I feel I know less and less about what's going on. :confused::banghead::sos:

Capacity and efficiency also come into play? All these workers, albeit lots of them getting messed over on the whole wage/benefit thing, to make 100 cars per day? It seems our potential capacity has got to be WAY bigger than one more car in the mix is going to fill? I'm just curious about it, not worried or whatever. One Ford is confusing. UAW-Ford is beyond confusing. I think I'll put my earplugs back in now...

• 1 month later...