2011 Ford Fusion Wireless Remote Module Location

FixHerRide

Wondering where the wireless remote module is located in a 2011 Ford Fusion SE.

I need to disconnect the power for a bit to reset the module as both remotes have stopped working after the remote range had dropped to almost nothing with time. I've replaced the batteries in both without success. Seems the remote module needs to be reset.

Easier to just disconnect the negative battery cable. That gets everything.

Thanks. Went that route when I found that the Fusion has a single unit for the fuses, remote, and everything else. Removed the power for an hour and tried again.

Didn't resolve the issue but lead me to push further. Tore down the remotes and cleaned them really well. Seems they may have had some type of grease in them to originally prevent liquid issues, which prevented good conductivity with the battery. Replaced the batteries again too and re-bent the connectors to make an even more solid connection.

Main remote now works great. The secondary isn't working but the vehicle recognizes it when it's in the ignition (doors can be locked when it's inserted but not when it's removed). May just need to reprogram them both to the system but it seems at least part of the problem has been solved. For the time being, she'll be fine with her main key. The other is only a backup for when I drop it for an oil or tire change, so it's fine if the remote portion doesn't work.

Edited by FixHerRide